• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Tramadol/100 mgs) New experience: Warm numbing body

Nope, it's a synthetic analogue of codeine.

I understand that, but it's still not an opioid.

You're not wrong that it's an analgesic, it is however a fully synthetic opioid; not a semi-synthetic opioid such as diamorphine (heroin).

Of course it's an analgesic. I was never debating that in the first place; I never even said anything about it. I never said it was a semi-synthetic either..so these are just random statements? Not trying to be rude here at all; I just don't know why you said those things.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9075493[/QUOTE]

The word "opioid" isn't even in that article.

Heh, I didn't think you were :D. It states it's a synthetic analogue of codeine. I understand it's quite different from most opiate derivatives in that it has effects on the mu opioid receptor as well as acting as a norepinephrine and serotonin reuptake inhibitor, but everything I seem to be reading states it as an opioid. Not that wikipedia is an academic source as such, but it's even stated there as an opioid, and 9.9/10 pages on there relating to pharmaceuticals are just ripped from the leaflet accompanying or from the official website. Everything I've been told by doctors/nurses/care workers, have also called it an opioid.

Okay, I am not afraid to admit I was wrong on that part - I guess it IS a fully synthetic opioid. It's late, and I'm high. Trying to research and post in two or three different threads at the same time in this state AND at 3 a.m. is a terrible idea. Haha ;)

haha, you're telling me. One of the only problems I seem to have with tramadol is not sleeping properly...well it's either the tramadol, or this dog that insists on sleeping in my bed :p

Yep, I have one of those too. She insists on sleeping ON my legs. Tonight I'm up because of oxycodone and hydrocodone. Eh, I don't have anything to do tomorrow, so, fuck it.

hmm, I'm not sure if I'd like to try other opioids. I mean I want to but I'm british and getting hold of them is a pain. I have a few injuries so I might go to the doctor and see what he prescribes. Tooth ache sucks without painkillers :(

If you could see a video summary of the last two years of my life, you probably wouldn't want to try other opioids.

I'm noticing I can now drop 12 50mg capsules, and not get the same enjoyable effect I used to get from half as much 3 months ago. ?

12 X 50mg capsules ???? all in one go ? that sounds like an awful lot!
is that amount not dangerous ?

coincidently, i just got prescribed some of this for back ache !

zydol - 50mg !

2 i dont feel nothing ! 3 - i feel similar to a couple off lines off charlie!

i havnt gone above that yet , but i was thinking 4/5 tops in 1 go ????

curious about snorting - any sense in chopping a pill up with a line of coke?

400mg of Tramadol is considered to be the maximum safe dose - especially without tolerance - as seizures become a serious risk at higher doses. Try searching "Tramadol" and you'll find a ton of information on it :)

And welcome to Bluelight - maybe have a wander over to European & African Drug Discussion sometime for all your more region-specific needs :)

PS: I suspect snorting it cut with coke would be a horrible idea and probably extremely dangerous - tramadol is a very strange drug with some very strange interactions. I recently had a pretty horrific time when I took LSD on top of my standard (prescribed for back pain) tramadol dose - anything that produces such extreme reactions to something as physically innocuous as acid has to be seen as freakish. It's one to be careful with :|

Oh no doubt, I just enjoy taking it sometimes. Admittedly I should be more careful of the risks but in short I'm not. I have friends who are doctors who've commented on the speed in which the tolerance of opiates/opioids etc.. develop, but also the speed at which this tolerance dissipates. However I find with tramadol, there is a constant tolerance there. Admittedly, that doesn't really qualify my misuse.

tramadol

on the few occasions i have had tramadol ( never more than 200mg) i have had a warm slightly buzzing feeling off them.Made me sweat profusely though and found it difficult sleeping on them :\

last weekend though after an all nighter on mephedrone i took 200mg and ended up vomiting. stupid i know :\ certainly won't be doing that again!

peace <3

400mg of Tramadol is considered to be the maximum safe dose - especially without tolerance - as seizures become a serious risk at higher doses. Try searching "Tramadol" and you'll find a ton of information on it :)

And welcome to Bluelight - maybe have a wander over to European & African Drug Discussion sometime for all your more region-specific needs :)

PS: I suspect snorting it cut with coke would be a horrible idea and probably extremely dangerous - tramadol is a very strange drug with some very strange interactions. I recently had a pretty horrific time when I took LSD on top of my standard (prescribed for back pain) tramadol dose - anything that produces such extreme reactions to something as physically innocuous as acid has to be seen as freakish. It's one to be careful with :|

2nd! BDD I'm sure has a million threads!

12 X 50mg capsules ???? all in one go ? that sounds like an awful lot!
is that amount not dangerous ?

coincidently, i just got prescribed some of this for back ache !

zydol - 50mg !

2 i dont feel nothing ! 3 - i feel similar to a couple off lines off charlie!

i havnt gone above that yet , but i was thinking 4/5 tops in 1 go ????

curious about snorting - any sense in chopping a pill up with a line of coke?

Do not do this, this is a lethal combination. This is what killed US rapper "Ole Dirty Bastard" of the Wu-Tang clan (Russell Jones) at the young age of 36.

an autopsy found a lethal mixture of cocaine and the prescription drug Tramadol, a synthetic opiate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ol'_Dirty_Bastard#Death

I fucking love tramadol, but it gives me nausea on the comedown unlike any opiate/opiod I have ever tried (including oxycodone and morphine.)
:p

I really do wish tramadol would have some sort of effect with me, but I notice nothing from it. The most I've taken at one time is 150 mg (three tabs). I feel nervous about taking more due to the risk of seizures. I've just never noticed one single bit of euphoria or anything at all from it - I really wish it would have an effect on me. For informational purposes about this - I'm a 105 pound female with no real opiate use except for kratom, which isn't an opiate, but kind of acts like one.

I fucking love tramadol, but it gives me nausea on the comedown unlike any opiate/opiod I have ever tried (including oxycodone and morphine.)
:p

Do you eat at all while your on tramadol? I find that if I do not eat every two hours while on it I will get extremely ill. Perhaps you are not eating enough and just need to force yourself to eat small snacks every two hours.

I was up to 14 50 mg pills a day, sometimes I'd take 7 at once just to get that strong stimulation feeling and do stuff. I went from 14 to 5 in one day then 5 to 3 for 2 days then cold turkey none, The withdrawals are the worst I've EVER had EVER> fucking RLS up the ass and u feel like you just crawled out of a grave except you can't rest and sleep your shittiness away as the RLS keeps you fidgety and up. tramadols weak affinity for the u receptor sure does make me sick as well as the lack up norepinephrine and serotonin. I took some codiene for the first couple of days and it worked wonders. all I can do is drink myself into oblivion and HOPE that it's enough to make myself pass out. How long will this hell last? I've been doing Tramadol for about a year.

Just a warning to ANYONE taking Tramadol long term. I wouldnt wish this withdrawal syndrome on my worst enemy. Be careful. They say trams good for withdrawals. but to me the withdrawals from the Tram itself is MUCH worse than the withdrawals from the drugs you would use tram to ease the wd symptoms of...

I was up to 14 50 mg pills a day, sometimes I'd take 7 at once just to get that strong stimulation feeling and do stuff. I went from 14 to 5 in one day then 5 to 3 for 2 days then cold turkey none, The withdrawals are the worst I've EVER had EVER> fucking RLS up the ass and u feel like you just crawled out of a grave except you can't rest and sleep your shittiness away as the RLS keeps you fidgety and up. tramadols weak affinity for the u receptor sure does make me sick as well as the lack up norepinephrine and serotonin. I took some codiene for the first couple of days and it worked wonders. all I can do is drink myself into oblivion and HOPE that it's enough to make myself pass out. How long will this hell last? I've been doing Tramadol for about a year.

Just a warning to ANYONE taking Tramadol long term. I wouldnt wish this withdrawal syndrome on my worst enemy. Be careful. They say trams good for withdrawals. but to me the withdrawals from the Tram itself is MUCH worse than the withdrawals from the drugs you would use tram to ease the wd symptoms of...

It sounds liek your taper was just too aggressive. It is best to only reduce your dosage by one pill aday. So liek if you take 7 in teh am and 7 in teh pm, your taper should look liek this:

day 1: 7 am 6 pm
day 2: 6 am 6 pm
day 3: 6 am 5 pm
day 4: 5 am 5 pm
day 5: 5 am 4 pm
day 6: 4 am 4 pm
day 7: 4 am 3 pm
day 8: 3 am 3 pm
day 9: 3 am 2 pm
day10: 2 am 2 pm
day11: 2 am 1 pm
day12: 1 am 1 pm
day13: 1 am 0 pm
day14: 0 am 0 pm

If at any point you feel uncomfortable you stay at that level for a few days until you are comfortable there. So lets say you feel uncomfortable at day6; you would continue to take 4 in the morning and 4 at night until you no longer feel withdrawals, then continue with the taper schedule until you feel uncomfortable again then you stay at that dose for a few days. This is the technique I use when ever I quit any addictive substance. It makes it the least painful when you do finally stop at the end.

The technique is to always be reducing your dose or stalling out and taking the same dose for a few days, never increase your dose or you will just hurt yourself in the end.

When I gave up tramadol regularly and went through withdrawals I found it impossible to be motivated. I didn't have any restless leg syndrome ; I was just like sleepy all the time and constantly tired. It felt more like I had been quitting coke or meth.

Last edited:
I really do wish tramadol would have some sort of effect with me, but I notice nothing from it. The most I've taken at one time is 150 mg (three tabs). I feel nervous about taking more due to the risk of seizures. I've just never noticed one single bit of euphoria or anything at all from it - I really wish it would have an effect on me. For informational purposes about this - I'm a 105 pound female with no real opiate use except for kratom, which isn't an opiate, but kind of acts like one.

150mg for some is quite a small dose... 250mg for me is still quite light but I doubt I'd feel 150mg. I had 180 of them, and after a couple of times I was taking 8 of them (400mg) for an appreciable effect. Or even more. I worried about seizures but worked my way up slowly enough that I wasn't too worried, and I never noticed anything seizure-like at all at any point.

Do you eat at all while your on tramadol? I find that if I do not eat every two hours while on it I will get extremely ill. Perhaps you are not eating enough and just need to force yourself to eat small snacks every two hours.

I eat a bit less than usual. I'll give this a try though, thanks :D