• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

*** NFL Playoffs ***

youarewhatyouis

Bluelighter
This weeks games:

1/5 4:30 ET: @Seattle vs. Washington (Seattle= 3 point favs)
1/5 8:00 ET: Jacksonville vs. @Pittsburgh (Jacksonville= 2.5 point favs)
1/6 1:00 ET: @Tampa Bay vs. NY Giants (Tampa Bay= 3 point favs)
1/6 4:30 ET: @San Diego vs. Tennessee (San Diego= 10 point favs)

Any predictions?

this Wildcard Weekend should be some great football. I am particularly looking at the Jax VS Pitt game. will Fred Taylor and co. be able to have as much success running the ball AT Heinz Field again? the Steelers would be a tough team to beat twice, but Jax can do it because stud Willie Parker is out. which is deabilitating but not devastating to the Steelers offense. obviously Pitt is going to have to air it out more - can Big Ben get it done. the Steelers are notoriously tough to play in the Wildcard area of the playoffs.

Tampa Bay VS NY Giants intrigues me. this game could go either way, but I really see Eli Manning choking against that tough TB D.

Seattle over Washington
Pittsburgh over Jax (I would bet on Jax if this were for money, but I am such a homer I can not type against my team here on BL ;))
Tampa Bay over NY Giants
San Diego over Tennessee

bring on your predictions, fellas. so I can prove how right I am and how wrong you will be for the rest of your sorry life.

i know san diego is playing great football right now, but im shocked to see them favored by 10. i like tenn to cover @ least.

giants and the points
seattle to cover (and then some)
and jville to cover

here are my predictions:

washington v seattle
jacksonville v pittsburgh
ny v tampa bay
tennessee v san diego

should be great.

alasdair

Last edited:
ill say:
seattle
jacksonville (i really hope they murder pittsburgh)
tampa bay
san diego (fuck tennessee too!)

I love how Browns fans are so hostile to Pittsburgh yet we almost always cheer them on to victory during their games ;)

if we can stop ny's running game, we will shut them down.

cravnbeets, I hear ya. 10 points is way too much on the Chargers. I think that might end up being a close one

Washington vs. Seattle
Jacksonville vs. Pittsburgh
New York vs. Tampa Bay
Tennessee vs. San Diego

I'm picking all upsets (except one game)

Axl Blaze said:
I love how Browns fans are so hostile to Pittsburgh yet we almost always cheer them on to victory during their games ;)

haha we are bitter people. :)

I wanted the Browns to be in it...... I think everyone did. (except Titans fans of course) You gotta love the underdog.

They had one hell of a year considering the fact that after their first games performance against the Steelers, everyone thought they were doomed

1/5 4:30 ET: @Seattle vs. Washington = Washington
1/5 8:00 ET: Jacksonville vs. @Pittsburgh = JAX
1/6 1:00 ET: @Tampa Bay vs. NY Giants = G-Men
1/6 4:30 ET: @San Diego vs. Tennessee = SD

I think SD by a decent margin (10 - 14 sounds fair), G-Men by 7, JAX in a squeaker, Washington by 7.

well my brain tells me jags but my heart screams steelers. so that's who i'm going with. even though we have horrible lines : ( .

washington over seattle
tampa over nyg
san diego over titans

dammit. I just found out I have to work at 8. luckily, there is a TV by the bar. hopefully the custies don't care that I am not shaking their god damned martinis and I am looking at Roethlisberger to Ward all night (yeah... I'm already drunk).

Axl Blaze said:
dammit. I just found out I have to work at 8. luckily, there is a TV by the bar. hopefully the custies don't care that I am not shaking their god damned martinis and I am looking at Roethlisberger to Ward all night (yeah... I'm already drunk).

'atta boy. a case of yuengling and a fat white owl blunt is what i'm using to enhance today's playoff experience.

hehe. you know how we do as Pittsburgh fans. at least you said Yuengling (one of the best lagers in the world) and not Iron City. god damn I am drunk, and I have to go in nowish.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!

This looks like it's going to be a great weekend of football. :D

Picks:

Seattle -3
Jags -2.5
Giants +3
San Diego to win, but wouldn't bet on the spread with this game

yay for playoff football. =D

i was rooting for the steelers axl i really was. :(

gerrard's 4th and 2 run was just heartbreaking. it's crazy how a whole season comes down to a single play like that, but that's football. /sigh.

well atleast i picked the jags as my darkhorse team.

Axl Blaze said:
at least you said Yuengling (one of the best lagers in the world) and not Iron City.

in philadelphia, yuengling is the only lager.

:)