Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Happy Holiday Message 2007

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
It's time for the forum's annual Happy Holidays greetings, from us the moderators at Aus Drug to all our regular and new readers.

Looking back over 2007, some of the biggest themes in this forum were:

As a general message though, everything one could possibly want to say about the silly season was said best by BigTrancer five years ago.

BigTrancer said:
It's pretty usual for people to look to New Years as a time of change, introspection, and an opportunity to make changes in their lives... and as a time to get really, really fucked up. A time of excess. Just look down the first page of threads in Aus/Asia/NZ Drug Discussion - more than half of them are pill information requests. It's not difficult to see how keen people are you get out there and get on it for the New Year celebration. I think this is important, because people do need to let their hair down to take respite from the cares, dramas and worries in their lives.

Some people use drugs to escape, some people use them to have fun, and some people use them out of habit and not knowing what else to do. Some people do this to excess, and especially at New Years something just makes people say "what the hell?" and go that extra inch. Why not? It's the one time of year you CAN be expected, by society, to absolutely OBLITERATE yourself with alcohol and other drugs. Provided the only damage you cause is to your own brain, this excess is generally without fear of reproach.

However, it's in human nature to fuck up. Part of staying safe, and minimising harm as we try to encourage at Bluelight, is choosing to place yourself in situations where there's a large margin for error... that way if something goes wrong, you may get a chance to learn from your mistake. This is possibly one of the reasons why alcohol is viewed as such a soft drug, because the huge margin for error means that if you grossly overdose through lack of self control or just downright overindulgence, the worst that usually will happen is that you be sick, make a fool of yourself, and wake up with a splitting headache and a sore liver. With illicit drugs this is not always the case, and the desire for excess at New Years and other significant occasions can lead to difficult experiences and tragic circumstances when people take too much. A simple mistake or error in judgement can turn a fun night with friends into a disaster.

If you or your friends do fuck up, learn from it - some lessons are harder than others. There are lessons to be learnt from both good and bad experiences with drugs, and in my opinion, they can enrich your life significantly if you use them carefully.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from the staff at Aus Drug Discussion. Take care and party safe :)

I will echo the sentiments of Hoptis and the BigTrancer holiday message as well as conveying my own well wishes this holiday season. :)

It’s that time of year again when we let our hair down, forget about our responsibilities and partake in the excessive consumption of food, drink and other such goodies. ;) Although fun, and generally well deserved, it’s the excessive part that needs to be monitored to ensure the fun remains just that. It’s when you have had one too many, or too much, that what should be a fun and enjoyable experience, turns into a nightmare for you, your friends, the family or anyone else who may be around. Moderation is the key this festive season to ensure the celebrations remain memorable for the right reasons. Party hard, but party safe. :)

It’s been another great year in AusDD with the addition of quite a few new regular posters. I hope you all enjoy this holiday season and I look forward to hearing about the adventures in the aftermath.

Have fun, enjoy the time off and try to practice some HR this holiday season.

A timely bump just to wish everyone a happy and safe New Years Eve and Day. Take care :)

So i didnt hear of any serious OD or deaths this NYE?
I did however hear a sirten every 3 minutes, sometimes multiple sirens, mostly ambulances and some fire trucks and cops too. Was surprised to see a woman on the ground bleeding, as some random guy apparently just went up to her and smashed her in the face... yay alcohol!

People are fucked up.

But nthis NY/E was surprisingly quiet but that was good I guess as nothing too bad happened that I know of.

Wishing a good 2008 to all, hopefully things are good this year.

that was an excellent and timely quote from BT hoptis, very well said. I hope that this year will be a great one for bluelite and the whole bluelite comunity. Happy holidays everyone and stay safe.

oh yeah, I also hope perth gets some decent pingers and blotter this year ;)