• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Why do YOU hate Boston Sports?

Nickatina

Bluelighter
Well, from what it seems everybody outside New England loathes our Patriots. They hate that their ballparks are overrun with bandwagon Red Sox Nation fans. Many are pissed off that the Celtics are back and kicking ass. Why? I have my ideas why, I'd just like to hear them from an outsiders perspective.

Boston sports are dope. I will admit, I used to make fun of Red Sox fans. the accent and the mentality just can't go by unpunished. however, since I have started living and working around Boston I have really started liking the Sox. I wouldn't say I am a fan, because I look at how serious ya'll are about your team, but because I have met some of the players through my job - I am down the with the Sox.

the Celtics... how can you hate the Celtics, man? they used to be the shit with Larry Byrd. now, they got KG and they are one of the best teams to watch in the NBA.

the Patriots...they are like my third favorite team. but since I take pro and college football so seriously I can't like them too much. Tom Brady also has a butt for a chin.

holla back Boston.

first of all, boston is a cool city with cool people. so there's that.

the bruins took our colors (pittsburgh black and gold), so that's why we have to beat them everytime we play.

the celtics...i don't even watch the NBA. and ditto for baseball, doesn't interest me. but yeah, look at the "red sox nation" bandwagon, and it's nothing but fairweather fans.

now, the real topic of discussion, the patriots. first of all, i've never liked them. ever since they had drew bledsoe and curtis martin (although it's hard to hate parcells). and i think it was '97 when they knocked us (steelers) out of the playoffs, being little and having to go through that, pretty hard to endure. so that hatred has been instilled in me (although not to the degree as the dallas cowboys...i remember it was like two minutes hate from 1984 everytime they came on the tv in my house). now, because of their success, the hatred has been rekindled.

but i don't wanna be recognized as a hater, congrats boston.

Axl Blaze said:
Boston sports are dope. I will admit, I used to make fun of Red Sox fans. the accent and the mentality just can't go by unpunished. however, since I have started living and working around Boston I have really started liking the Sox. I wouldn't say I am a fan, because I look at how serious ya'll are about your team, but because I have met some of the players through my job - I am down the with the Sox.

the Celtics... how can you hate the Celtics, man? they used to be the shit with Larry Byrd. now, they got KG and they are one of the best teams to watch in the NBA.

the Patriots...they are like my third favorite team. but since I take pro and college football so seriously I can't like them too much. Tom Brady also has a butt for a chin.

holla back Boston.

You're exonerated from Boston sports fanship. Seen you flip flop way too many times in posts, son. Sorry! There's always New York. They're more apt to the bandwagon fan! =D

since when do bostonians know how to use the internet?
i know you assholes dont have any libraries up there ;)

atri said:
since when do bostonians know how to use the internet?
i know you assholes dont have any libraries up there ;)

they have em at havahd yaaaaaaahd

MaxPowers said:
they have em at havahd yaaaaaaahd

Way to stereotype Boston sports fans.

If I'm going to stereotype a NY sports fan, should I have a syringe hanging from my arm, herpes, and an anus that hangs loose like the tongue of a tired dog?

TopRocka said:

If I'm going to stereotype a NY sports fan, should I have a syringe hanging from my arm, herpes, and an anus that hangs loose like the tongue of a tired dog?

but of course!

You know, Massachusetts doesn't just consist of Boston...theres like, abandoned factories and stuff.

^ And Lowell, apparantly the crack capital of the East Coast (according to a documentary I watched) (Yeah, not only can we use the intahnet, we watch dachumentaries too!)

i remember it was like two minutes hate from 1984 everytime they came on the tv in my house

Haha nice analogy, now you know what it's like when we see A-Rod come on our TV screens - more specifically, when they popped the news game 4 of the WS that he was opting out. We all stood up and screamed at Ken Rosenthal like he was Goldstein.

Oh, here's our spokesman for all things Red Sox and all things Boston ... we actually got him nominated for Red Sox Nation president but they didn't let him show up to give a speech. This was his video that he made for the nomination.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R64_VfIsEEU

TopRocka said:

stereotyping?

If you were born and raised in Boston, you have that accent. That's a fact.

i never had any problem with boston or boston fans until i lived there for a year and met so many bitter, mentally unbalanced sports fans i didn't know what to think anymore.

in new york you can walk around with red sox gear and nobody gives a shit. but if you have a yankees hat on in boston every retard on the street thinks they need to say something.

this was before 2004, if that changed anything.

^^
Not to be a hater (I'm really more ambivalent to Boston sports) but people hated the socks back when they were losers, too.

TopRocka said:

You left out a family tree that has no branches.

-- Soxxxxx

JerryBlunted said:
i never had any problem with boston or boston fans until i lived there for a year and met so many bitter, mentally unbalanced sports fans i didn't know what to think anymore.

in new york you can walk around with red sox gear and nobody gives a shit. but if you have a yankees hat on in boston every retard on the street thinks they need to say something.

this was before 2004, if that changed anything.

You haven't tried walking around NYC in a Sox hat or jersey recently. All the mongoloid Yankee fans line up to spit at you and express their insecurity and jealousy.