• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA BCS National Championship: OSU Vs LSU

bri2u2002

Bluelighter
Whaddya think?

For some reason I'm thinking OSU on this one. Granted, the SEC is a way better conference than the Big 10 but LSU has let a lot of points and won and lost some severely close games.

OSU hasn't had a tough schedule (AA teams WTF???) but they were completely embarrassed last year and their D is amazing.

tough call

Yea they played some close ones in the second half of the season....

But they were ravaged by injuries by the second half.....Have you seen what a healthy LSU can do? Reference the Miss St. and Va Tech games earlier in the season....

bri2u2002 said:
OSU hasn't had a tough schedule (AA teams WTF???) but they were completely embarrassed last year and their D is amazing.

tough call

Tough schedule? Tulane? Louisianna Tech? Middle Tennessee? =D

...oh ya, and a bunch of ranked opponents in the toughest conference in college football.

Your buckeyes have a shot. It will be interesting to see if LSU decides to roll over and let you take it.

this is a tough decision. i am from ohio so im definately gonna say OSU is gonna win, but i think if LSU comes to play its gonna be a close, good game. when LSU are on, their crazy ass offensive shit makes them a fun team to watch. but in the end, GO BUCKS!!

i think it's going to be pretty much like last year's game.....except it's a different SEC team putting the smack down.

shit...it could be a different SEC team every year against OSU but the result would still be the same. ;)

Yea I gotta root for my conference LSU all the way. Its gonna be real close though I think it will come down to a special teams mistake

faris said:
i think it's going to be pretty much like last year's game.....except it's a different SEC team putting the smack down.

shit...it could be a different SEC team every year against OSU but the result would still be the same. ;)

Vandy: 37
OSU: 13

it would be funny.

^^ i think it'd be more like hell freezing over 8o ....but would still be funny. :D

who else is tired of watching the same teams (OSU,LSU,USC,OU,etc etc...) compete for a national championship? i'm not saying either of these two teams don't deserve to be playing this game, but i'd like to see other teams win NC's...

however, i'm still celebrating Pitt beating WVU...i don't think i'll forget that one.

I think that Les Miles is a horribly over-rated coach and that Jim Tressel is going to out-coach him all the way through this National Championship game... akin to how Urban Meyer out-coached The Tress last year.

I'm pretty sure you'd have said the same thing about Urban Meyer last year, if you hadn't had to live under the spectre of getting out played for 60 minutes the prior NC.

If Tressel loses again, it might be time to consider that he is the over rated coach. Or does that not matter as long as you continue to beat up on a flailing Michigan program? :)

atlas said:
If Tressel loses again, it might be time to consider that he is the over rated coach. Or does that not matter as long as you continue to beat up on a flailing Michigan program? :)

you are missing something here, though. that was Tressel's first big game loss in many years, to Florida last year. he already coached his team, as underdogs, to outperform Miami in the 03 NC. so far, Tress is 1-1 in BCS Title Games. those odds are average, but how good does 2-1 look?

very good. but...

against a great LSU team it would be tough (you can look through my previous posts all last year and this year and see how much of a LSU fan I've turned into). but it is definitely possible because the SEC has had a down year just as much as the Big 10, 12, or Pac 10.

how could any respectable football conference allow themselves to have Tennessee and Kentucky beating up on teams all year?

College Football Playoff Sim

here is a nice little toy a friend of mine discovered: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls07/bracket. it's a college football sim game.

you can click on pre-set rankings (I find that the ESPN Power 16 is the most reliable), or you can custom set your brackets (which is time consuming but fun).

I think we all support a playoff system - this is just another game to tickle that fantasy.

Number of SEC teams in the current top 25: 5
Number of big 12 teams in the current top 25: 4
Number of big 10 teams in the current top 25: 2
Number of Pac 10 teams in the current top 25: 2

How exactly are you going to call that a down year for the SEC. The only thing I see is parallels between the PAC ten and Big 10. Both conferences had very little depth this year.

Tennessee is a legitimate football program. They won a NC back in 98, their 4th, and their conference record this year was 6 and 2. As for Kentucky: shrug. How can any respectable conference let Illinois beat the greatest team on the planet? (lol) How can any respectable conference allow Mizzou and Kansas to have national title ambitions? Give me any anomaly in SEC football this year, and I can easily counter it with something that embarrasses the big ten.

Tim Tebow's Heisman

6ycn0y0.jpg

yeah, Moreno should be winning that Heisman in a year or two.

the thing that sucks about Ohio State is our "curse." it's hard to compete when we only hold players for two years max. Tebow said it himself, he will be playing at Florida for all four years. of course, players have said this before - and what they say and do are totally different things. all I am saying is that it would be nice to have Ginn, Gonzo, and our running backs for more than two years.

oh well, Ohio State has Todd Boeckman running the gun. it would be hilarious for him to win a National Championship. in fact, if he wins a NC against LSU this year they would probably never stop hearing from it in the future.

seriously... Todd Boeckman?! =D

oh, and atlas - Tennessee is absolute trash. every year they get their asses handed to them by a mediocre (at best) Big 10 team. Phillip Fulmer should be worried about his head coaching job if they lose to another bad Big 10 team this year.

he just resigned a contract for head coaching until 2012...sooo. ;)

I might have a little more respect for Tennessee's program than I should. I grew up as a Dawgs fan when Peyton Manning was wowing everybody, and the Gators were more or less unbeatable under spurrier, and all we could muster was the miserable Ray Goff.

Moreno:

I doubt it, honestly. The games where he made all those carries... he was the only one making carries at all. Even if He can keep that level of play up, the coaching staff isn't going to want to let him work himself up into a lather every game. That's just my guess. I hope he's absolutely explosive in the sugar bowl, and for the rest of his career. I just don't get my hopes up. UGA is a team, the last player we had that transcended the team was Walker. I don't see that happening again any time soon, the way it seems to at USC, Florida, and Notre Dame.

PS:

BA,I'm pretty sure I've seen you wear a tacky-ass chain like that before. ;)