Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sniffer Dogs and your rights

xerionx

Greenlighter
Just wandering what my rights are in terms of sniffer dogs.

If I ate my pill then tried entering the event before it kicked in and was signalled by a dog but found with nothing. How would one get throug this? Do you just deny having used or being in contact with any drugs?

If you are suspected to be under the influence of MDMA can you be charged?

Any information regarding rights with Victorian police sniffer dogs would be great as I am going to an event for New Years and not sure if there will be a sniffer dog presence.

If you do a search... ;)

But in brief:

xerionx said:
Just wandering what my rights are in terms of sniffer dogs.

If I ate my pill then tried entering the event before it kicked in and was signalled by a dog but found with nothing. How would one get throug this? Do you just deny having used or being in contact with any drugs?

If you have nothing on you, you have nothing to fear.

If you are suspected to be under the influence of MDMA can you be charged?

No, unless you say something silly, like "Yes officer, I'm on MDMA".

hoptis said:
If you do a search... ;)

But in brief:

If you have nothing on you, you have nothing to fear.

No, unless you say something silly, like "Yes officer, I'm on MDMA".

How do I explain to the officer the reason the dog has signalled me for traces of amphetamines?

There was some research done last year I think which showed in the majority of dog signaled searches no drugs were found. You are not required to justify why the dog signaled you, they will try to get you to say something incriminating - but play it cool, you have no drugs on you, you haven't consumed any drugs and you haven't come into contact with any drugs. Be polite about it and you'll be fine.

rogan said:
There was some research done last year I think which showed in the majority of dog signaled searches no drugs were found. You are not required to justify why the dog signaled you, they will try to get you to say something incriminating - but play it cool, you have no drugs on you, you haven't consumed any drugs and you haven't come into contact with any drugs. Be polite about it and you'll be fine.

But I have consumed..lol.. but your saying just keep cool, and say what you've said that havent been in contact, havent consumed ect. and be nice.. jump through there hoops so to speak make there job easy.

Is that what your saying.. obviously making sure you havent peaked before entering would be a good idea because entering whilst rolling would be obvious.

xerionx said:
How do I explain to the officer the reason the dog has signalled me for traces of amphetamines?

you ask am i being arrested or does this have a point? (maybe not so rudely)

dont bring up stats etc.. (or other current police/law embarrassment) , that will only make them treat you like you know shit about the whole operation and drug scenes....

they decide if they wanna strip search you or not.

a for strip search
b for let u go and go find someone doing a CRIME.

lets just go straight to b. 99% of the time. shut your mouth, you have no idea, dont leave baggies on you.

then we come to...

a) they arrest you on suspicion on carrying illicit substances
they take you to the station. they probe you. they spend 2 hours doing paper work, try to get something out of you on a tape while they just want to go home and sleep.... and in the end it all ends up being the police station showing yet another sign of idiocy.....

end thread.. read old threads.,.. blah.
:)

peace and all but just shut up and dont give em any info, DENY DENY DENY.. if you have nothing on you you're sweet.

Splatt said:
a) they arrest you on suspicion on carrying illicit substances
they take you to the station. they probe you. they spend 2 hours doing paper work, try to get something out of you on a tape while they just want to go home and sleep.... and in the end it all ends up being the police station showing yet another sign of idiocy.....

Only problem with option A is that if you are taken to a police station for 2 hours your pill will defnitily kick in, any officer would be able to tell and you'd be done. True?

im on cipramil officer, new anti depressant. started two days ago. wasnt supposed to drink with it but... i did and its made me a bit funny...

and without you saying "IM ON DRUGS" what law are you breaking in your state?
and who even put drugs in your body if blood tests come to it.. what are drugs?

theres always a way out

if someone who sells PMA and kills a 17yo gets 75 hours cleaning out bins and mopping floors theres always a way out
its called a lawyer....

xerionx said:
Only problem with option A is that if you are taken to a police station for 2 hours your pill will defnitily kick in, any officer would be able to tell and you'd be done. True?

What could they charge you with?

You're not in possession of a drug. You haven't offered to supply a drug, or tried to buy one.

Even if they knew you were on something, you would just keep denying it. They can't take it to court, because they'd have no evidence - "yes, your honour - defendent's eyes were big and he was talking rapidly and smiling a lot and seemed pleasant and cooperative".

Worst that could happen, they keep questioning you and you miss your rave. Just keep denying having taken anything.

I have seen sniffer dogs many many times falsely signal that someone has drugs on them when they have absolutely nothing, so they are not always right.
So you have nothing to worry about if they sit down beside you, just deny everything and make sure you have nothing on you!

i think its bullshit that sniffer dogs are allowed to sniff you without reason. its a form of a search and without reason it is an invasion of privacy and should be illegal.