Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug Consumer Etiquette

nige1492

Bluelighter
Several years ago I did something that I think was a fair thing but I would honestly like to know what the majority of people think about it.

I knew somebody very slightly (on 'the scene' only and I rarely saw him) and after some time I very occasionally got the odd pill from him (two or three times in all) which were meant to be E's. They were never very strong and were not cheap but I got some effects each time.

Here is where I want to know about people's opinions of my inaction. One day I was out early in the night and didn't have much money left. I was at a club and about ready to go home when I saw him. We chatted and I said I was about to go home. I was always curious about whether he was at work even though I really was quite happy to be going home so I discovered he had a couple of pills on him. I wasn't especially tired though. I said I didn't have any money to buy a pill although it would be nice and unexpectedly, as he had never done this before, he said I could have one and owe him. This seemed a very nice gesture to me so I said why not and thankyou. We didn't discuss a price or time to pay and he doesn't know where I live although we do very occasionally see each other around.

The pill, which I consumed in two halves over the space of half an hour (my usual practice was to do it over the space of an hour and I'm not overly attenuated to the effects of E) had no effect on me at all. I didn't test them as I was at a club. Apart from the initial thrill of anticipation which I got even before I had consumed anything the pill had absolutely no effect on me whatsoever - either good or bad. I had had only one schooner and I think I consumed one more waiting for the effects to come on. This level of alcohol use has never caused any problem with the effect of E before or since. He left within half an hour of giving me the pill. I waited about 4 hours at the club before going to bed quite annoyed at having wasted the 4 hours hoping for some effect.

When I saw him a few days later somewhere (I usually don't see him from month to month) I told him there was no effect and said I wouldn't pay. He told me it was me and casually said I would pay him when I could. He also told me all the people he had given/sold any of this type of pill to had told him the pills were great. We still never discussed a price. I also was not on any medication so there was nothing unusual that could have interacted with the E. I still see him occasionally years later and I usually feel a combination of awkwardness/guilt and annoyance at him. He only asked about the pill on one other occasion and I repeated that I wouldn't be paying. Naturally, I haven't had any more pills from him. He hasn't been especially unfriendly when we have met. The pill looked very like a white aspirin tablet but with a rough texture. It had no markings at all.

Is there any reason I should pay him? If the drugs were legal and we had made a legal contract for sale surely I would be able to legally avoid paying so why should this situation be any different? Please explain why, if you think I should have paid him. Thanks.

Last edited:
Definitely not. Although the drug market is unregulated and obviously has no quality control, if the pills have been shit on more than one occasion, tell him to shove it up his arse.

There is no way i'd pay for a pill that did absolutely nothing after 4 hours. And from what you said, it sounds like he gave you some kind of med, rather than an actual ecstasy tablet. Fuck him off, find a new source.

This is the problem with the drug trade - if you get ripped off, you can't exactly call the Office of Fair Trading and make a complaint. :\

It's a tricky situation, but one that comes up altogether too many times in the scene, especially when buying pills in a club - on one hand, you bought (IOU) a product and should have to pay for it... however, the product wasn't up to standard; is the onus on you - who perhaps should have tested it, or him - he possibly sold you a substandard product? I think the lesson here is to not buy drugs in this situation. (having said that, i've done it myself, so i'm not one to talk :\)

When it's all said and done, he's not said anything about it, there have been no consequences, which tells me that he possibly knew he sold you a dodgy pill, so hasn't followed it up. It's probably a good thing you didn't pay him - i imagine it may have been a little hard to get your money back had you have bought it up front.

You got Demo'd! You know theres some assholes making like $2000 a weekend selling fake OTC pills as ecstasy (demazin 6 hour being a favourite)... don't buy in clubs or off people you don't know.

You got Demo'd! You know theres some assholes making like $2000 a weekend selling fake OTC pills as ecstasy (demazin 6 hour being a favourite)... don't buy in clubs or off people you don't know.

Fuck, why haven't you told me this before!? :)

Just kidding, I'd rather see the whole industry cleaned up then just try and make a quick buck. I guess I'm an honest guy ;)

We were sold plain white pills and told they were best snorted back in the early 90's only to get the effects of K and go into a deep K hole, before we even knew what K was lol.. Bastard!
And another time got orange tabs that tasted like vitamin C, and were vitamin C, but half the people at the house party had eaten them to try see if they were E's or C, and yeah he (dd) wouldnt refund any that had been eaten as he said he had to pay for them to someone else.. haha.. You learn from these dodgy experiences i guess.

i think its understood that there are generally no guarantees on the black market. you could say perhaps a certain degree of risk is worked into the price. if you agreed to pay, then you should. you broke the contract at the end.

and i don't really see why he would scam you with a fake pill where he knew he wouldn't see any money till after you'd tried it.

I say fuck street pills all together these days.

just shout him a pill next time you see him, if you feel bad then at least that'll make you feel better

or give him $ and never buy from him again

[EDIT: No prices. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple of years back I bought a pill of a stranger at Kings Cross. Tried it the next day, totally bunk, it had a slightly bitter taste, but no effects at all.
Well, lesson learned ! You can't trust people anymore theses days.
Never buy from strangers.

I used to buy street pills back in like 2002 or some shit when QLD pills were basically mdma from sydney or home made full of speed and nothing else. 9/10 times a speed bomb. Lucky to get half a point. but we still went back there every weekend and bought off the club thats now closed down for obvious reasons.. surfers people will know what club im talking bout.. seedy, no drinks, bong smoking area and a shit sound system blasting hard dance.

Tough situation. If you were on your way home I am assuming you were pretty tired. Having E when fatigued prolly won't do too much for you if it's low dose MDxx. Set and setting play a pretty big role and I think people forget this sometimes. I really don't know what I would do to be honest. If the pills looked really sketchy I would do something, but idunno I am never in that situation cause I never get ticked up. Thinking about it though, if there willing to tick up and don't know you real well, kinda suggests they wanna offload shit pills.

LittleSmoke said:
Couple of years back I bought a pill of a stranger at Kings Cross. Tried it the next day, totally bunk, it had a slightly bitter taste, but no effects at all.

LOL, bring back memories mate, hard! Too many bad memories of the X.

One of the bikie dudes was an undercover. Asked me to hand over the money before giving me the pills, if I did prolly would have arrested me. Luckily got off with a warning.

Another time, was sold pills with a Superman logo on it. Didn't pay much attention when getting em, turned out to taste sweet and was fukn candy.

Let me just say stay well clear from that sketchy place. Someone is always looking to fuck you over.

or stab you with a needle, or dance around under a towerl after being up for 7 days on meth rapping about roast beef.

Splatt said:
or stab you with a needle, or dance around under a towerl after being up for 7 days on meth rapping about roast beef.
...good times *nods*

To the original poster: no way in hell would I pay the fucker. I've driven across town at 3 in the morning to return a bag of pure cutter a dealer "accidentally" sold me as Meth.

Last edited:
LittleSmoke said:

Few new years eve's ago 03 and 04 i think i bought extra ones off strangers in Byron on the night (kinda expensive) however they were really good!

But generally yeah ur right. But i seemed to get lucky two nye's in a row, i was pretty happy and would try it again around like minded people.

yeah getting xtc in my specific area where i live is so unreliable, its not worth getting any unless your actually in dallas

i have never EVER EVER heard of a blank pill having any effect ever. EVER. I would say most people agree with me. Seems that they are always OTCs.

This_is_my_alias said:
i have never EVER EVER heard of a blank pill having any effect ever. EVER. I would say most people agree with me. Seems that they are always OTCs.
some friends have been buyin blank pills for a while, and theyre always just as good and sometimes better than the good ills goin around.

theyre blank with just a score on one side

but this off a regular connect. not a random cunt off the streets.

The best Pill i every had was in 2001 and it was pure white and had no markings on it whatsoever. I ate one and four hour hours later i still had two in my pocket and at the end off the night i went home with two in my pocket.

"Don't judge a book buy its cover"