• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

stop shooting suboxone

swybs

Bluelighter
Since my other posts in suboxone threads were basically ignored, I feel the need to start a thread about a recent trend I noticed on bluelight.

A few months ago, jasoncrest began raving about the highs he was achieving by shooting suboxone and benadryl. Because of the curious nature of bluelighters (and the lack of high offered by suboxone, especially after the "honeymoon" period some people who have low tolerances enjoy during the induction period), many began trying this iv combination. Of these people, most-if not all-know about, and post warnings to others-about the dangers of shooting pills.

Shooting suboxone and benadryl (or suboxone alone, or even subutex) is a very dangerous habit with little to no pay off. While I can't speak with authority, because I myself would never take this unnecessary risk, I have spoken with people I know who have tried it. It isn't worth it and it is a very dangerous idea. It is on par with shooting methodone. Everyone knows not to shoot methadone, so why are people shooting suboxone.

Anyway, my point of this thread is that the only "safety" proof is jason crest's quote (and, don't get me wrong, I respect him and his posts) "I've been doing it for months and don't notice any damage." Guys/gals, please stop this pointless and dangerous practice. It isn't worth it and, as I think most if not all of you know, it is very dangerous.

Just had to get this off my chest. I hope some of you who recently started this habit will reconsider.

-swybs

I've never heard of anyone coming in here talking about shooting bupe daily except for jason. Everyone realizes it isn't worth it after a week or so

i guess my hope was...

That people wouldn't have to take that unneccesary week of harmful behavior and instead take a step back and say "it isn't worth it" before even attempting it. I suppose that may be wishful thinking, but if this thread stops one person, more power to it.

You make a good point, smackem, however-it is hard to tell from peoples' posts...I get the feeling more people have done it but that some may know it is outright dangerous behavior so they are less likely to post about their habits. In any case, take suboxone as directed, or even snort it if you want higher bioavailability, but don't shoot it...

Swybs

Lately there's been a few "I shot up 200mg (random antihistamine) and my arm is red/swollen/covered in bumps/abcessed/etc"
If they weren't shooting bupe/anti-H's, they would be shooting some else. Probably xanax.
I say let nature take its course, we don't need these fools anyway.

People are gonna do what people are gonna do. All we can do is give advice to other users. So .....that's it baby, speak, hope, pray. Thanks for the thread brother. I agree, shooting pills is just a really unsafe practice.

Junctional funkie, can I ask: did you do it because of reading posts on Bluelight? The reason I ask is because someone I knew did it based on reading a thread here (which, ultimately, is why I am posted this thread so as people who think about it realize is is a) an unsafe practice and b) not worth it. As we all know, most people will take it past the 1 time, eg, oh, maybe I did it wrong or maybe I need to boot more suboxone or more benadryl.

Point is, I think the threads outlining how to do it, etc, are all contrary to harm reduction. No disrespect to jason crest, but it isn't a smart idea on any level and just doesn't produce any high worthy of the many risks involved.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, I just feel as though junctional funkie isn't the only one who has tried it and I hope others who are thinking of trying it think again and realize it isn't worth it.

Swybs

I used to shoot suboxone, but not for the rush, mainly i was on manteinance and we don´t have bupe down here, so a friend from the states brought me some and IVing them was an efficient way to make my supply last longer before going back to naltrexone, i knew shooting something that looks like OJ even after using a micron filter is dumb, I had even read a paper about abusers in Singapore with gangrene,absceses and in some cases even in need of amputation after shooting subutex just a few times, but I just wanted to go on with my daily life and have a bigger stash.

When I wanted to get high I mixed it with midazolam mostly (USP grade ampoules 15mg/3ml), and yeah I started shooting the bupe because of all the threads on bluelight, but this was about 6-7 months ago, then I was running out of usable/visible veins at a such rapid pace I started snorting, I mixed it once with benadryl (also in ampoule form) and it was nothing special....the combo with midazolam was way better, though in times of recklessness I might have added other pills or coke to the mix...don´t remember was doing it daily, nowadays I´m staying off the needle (except for some IM ketamine I had the other day, which was also straight from the big 50ml bottle that I peeled the seal of), but I know all that bupe IVing fucked many veins on my arms and legs....so swybs as usually you´re right, don´t shoot suboxone or subutex...if you have buprenex ampoules that´s another story.

I've tried it twice and I can attest to the fact that it is NOT worth it at all...I noticed no effects related to an opiate rush of any kind. I shot half my normal dose the first time and my whole dose the second time, btw.

Both times afterwards I was scared as fuck that something would go wrong and I'd end up like one of those people on those images we've all seen with huge infections/gangrene/amputations. After the second time I knew for a fact it's simply not worth the risk and trouble...if you're thinking about doing it and want to IV something so badly, go get some dope.

People who shoot pills are not blind to the dangers. I don't believe subutex/suboxone are worse than any given other pill.

funkee said:
People who shoot pills are not blind to the dangers. I don't believe subutex/suboxone are worse than any given other pill.

They are by far not the worst pills to shoot.

Pills shouldn't been shot in general.

But i do shoot ritalin and dormicum quite often.

swybs said:
Junctional funkie, can I ask: did you do it because of reading posts on Bluelight?

Swybs

I did it because it was a new drug to me at the time, I happened to have some rigs, and I'd heard of it being done.

I probably checked BL just before doing it, but didn't do it BECAUSE of BL. :)

swybs said:
A few months ago, jasoncrest began raving about the highs he was achieving by shooting suboxone and benadryl.

I never shot Suboxone, only Subutex.
I don't think shooting Suboxone would get me high.

And I'm not "raving" about the highs I get. I just answer questions that are asked t me.
When people ask me if it feels good, I won't lie: it feels GREAT.

-

Now I ALWAYS say in my posts how dangerous it is to shoot pills.

How many times did I say in my posts how I nearly got amputated many times, almost died from septicemias many times; and i won't even talk about all the abscesses, necrosis, etc... i got from this practice.

Now if people ask me how to prepare Bupe with Diphenhydramine, I will still tell them how to do it, because they would cause even more harm to themselves if they wouldn't prepare it properly.
And if I'm asked how it feels, I'll continue to say the truth: for me it feels GREAT.

But all this with the usual words of warnings.

-

I really think this post was not necessary; people are well informed about the risks they take by doing this. Now it's up to them to take the right decision.

And why do you talk about Bupe and Diphenhydramine only? Sure it's dangerous, but not more than IV Oxy, IV Benzos, etc......

I never shot Suboxone, only Subutex.
I don't think shooting Suboxone would get me high.
Out of curiosity, what reasoning did you use to come to this conclusion?

phrozen said:
Out of curiosity, what reasoning did you use to come to this conclusion?

Simply, Subutex just gives me a rush, but then after, there's no high (I just feel normal)
From what I read, IV Suboxone gives the same effects as IV Subutex, but with no rush....
Si I wouldn't get any effect from IV Suboxone (I guess)....

IV subutex gave me no rush, nothing like heroin or oc. it took over a minute to take full effect.

This is the the thread Iv been meaning to write. "quit wasting your bupe". I have shot Subutex quit afew times..........and it aint shit! Save your veins for good drugs. And if you feel the need to have to shoot "Suboxone" than you need to check yourself.........IV buprenorphine is cool for 1second, and then it sucks and is a waste to shoot..................Take as directed.

johanneschimpo said:
Lately there's been a few "I shot up 200mg (random antihistamine) and my arm is red/swollen/covered in bumps/abcessed/etc"
If they weren't shooting bupe/anti-H's, they would be shooting some else. Probably xanax.
I say let nature take its course, we don't need these fools anyway.

Due to the cause of harm reduction, I wasn't gonna say it, but I'm glad somebody did. To quote Geargo Carlin, "We're saving entirely too many lives these days. whatever happened to the kid who eats too many marbles doesn't grow up to have kids of his own?" Just insert shoots random pill found on the bus for kid who eats marbles. Let's let nature do it's job.=D