• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Im sorry, didnt you know your living in a police state ?

time traveler

Bluelighter
Busted

"I feel the last breath of my liberty and freedom were violated"

Those are the words of a close friend. He was walking in the Brisbane valley around midnight. He was wearing a dress shirt and leather shoes. Being sober with a smoke in one hand and with no fear he walked past a bunch of officers questioning people. As one officer had just finished talking to a person the officer turned to my friend and asked him to stop. Being a reasonable law abiding citizen, he complied. The officer then asked him to empty his pockets. He pulled out his his phone, keys and money.

It seems that now simply being in the valley constitutes reasonable means for a search. It also seems that following an officers directions to stop and to empty your pockets is their way of entrapping you for a personal search without using as many words. Within those 10 seconds you have lost all freedom as a citizen. You have to stop if an officer asks you to. Yes, you can refuse to empty your pockets. Yes, you can refuse to be searched - but unless you are straight and on top of your game your simply giving them ammunition to detain and investigate you. Knowing this and not wanting to cause a scene he agreed to let them search his pockets. They said they were only looking for "pills", they patted him down and found half a marijuana cigarette in his back pocket. He was given a notice.

He had to go to a police station within 7 days to be fingerprinted and have a sample of his DNA taken. He now will have to go to court, and use up his one only chance of drug diversion and prey he never comes across the law again. If he gets caught again, this means he could have a drug conviction on his criminal record and will find it much harder to travel and be forever negatively profiled by traffic officers and nosey employers.

I would not wish any of inanity on any of you bluelighters. If you think it cant happen to you *buzz* your wrong. If it can happen to someone as clean cut as my friend, it can happen to any of you, any time.

So just wake up and get with the times. While you have been getting high, the powers that be have slowly turned this sunny Queensland into a police state. Random unprovoked searches ? Drug Driving Tests ? Its time alot of you people wake up and have a good look at your behaviour. The shit is comming and i would hate any of you to get caught up in it.

Best of luck. TT

Last edited:
^ I can sympathise entirely. This is word for word exactly what happened to a close friend of mine recently - except they found a couple of pills in his pocket. Lesson learnt - drugs go down the underpants :p

yeah this is F%^*ed the cops are getting more powers to arrest & search especially if your hanging around outside a night club as they have to suspect your a dealer.

If your the average joe just walking down the street & you have drugs on you then its good idea to have the stuff close at hand where you can eat it so they have nothing.

I can remember a few times Ive been asked to empty my pockets etc lucky Ive neve had anything on me but one time there I was walking to a nightclub in the city and noticed a cop & a dog across the road from me so first thing I did was pop that pill right there lol , walked across rd and the bloody dog didnt even move .. but better be safe than sorry.

If you are rude with the police then they will waste your time and keep you there for as long as possible just to ruin your night so best advice is if you have something on you then hide it better & if your nice and do what they say more than likely they send you on ya way without you even having to show them whats in your pocket.

Doooofus said:
^ I can sympathise entirely. This is word for word exactly what happened to a close friend of mine recently - except they found a couple of pills in his pocket. Lesson learnt - drugs go down the underpants :p

I can tell you a guy I know... shoved "em" down his duds....

strike of the biy leg.. streight out the other side for someone elese enjoyment and not his group of friends..

"He had to go to a police station within 7 days to be fingerprinted and have a sample of his DNA taken. "

Wow thats total bullshit they took his DNA for a non-violent, non sexual crime, they don't do that even in the police state that is the US.

Man, this thread scares me. That police can just randomly search you, looking for pills.

Refusing a search? Time Traveler is damn right, that's just asking for a full search on grounds of 'reasonable suspicion'.

Hopefully as the more modern generations enter into politics we'll see some relaxing of the drug laws. G-d I hope so anyway.

If you refuse a search they will take you to the station and give you a full strip search.

My question is, if you get identified by a dog, while the police are searching you they go thru your wallet and record your ID before they have finished searching and worked out whether your carrying or not. How can you not give your identity in this case?

People keep saying you don't have to give your name if you are found to have nothing illegal. How do you do that?

Refusing a search? Time Traveler is damn right, that's just asking for a full search on grounds of 'reasonable suspicion'.

This is not true though. You can say no to police searches unless you're walking around smoking a bong, or get caught popping a pill from a baggie.. I walk around the Valley looking like I've just stumbled out of the mental health clinic. as long as you can act straight when you want to, smile, but not gurn, and be nice, and c-operate without letting them rape you.. I have gotten away with being searched before. Learn how to act. Cops aren't super lie detectors, they just go on simple fear most of the time.

There's also a time, in my life where, and I can guarentee I don't do this anymore, this is going back 4 years ago? I was pushed upto a wall by Queensland cops, and they force searched my pockets "yep, theres the ecstasy.." "You're under arrest for the possession of a dangerous drug... yada yada" I glared over at the girl I just offered a pill to minutes before hand

I'd fucked up and offered some mole a pill. Which means it was now supply.
They took me back and searched me a bit more, shoes etc... One put a glove on, and said "Reckon he's got them anywhere else?" in a really kind of gay way. And another officer said no. They were all watching my body language trying to get the story out of me. I say, "I don't mean to be rude, but I thought searches had to be conscented" They all look at each other, and the 12 or so pills lying in a baggie on the desk. Okay, we're going to write this down at 9 pills and possession. "But I still wasn't asked to be searched and you guys hurt me a bit"... Then they got angry and said Id be trialed for supply of ecstasy, I asked oh so you would need evidence? They all look dumbfounded and said, "The girl has been given the choice to step forward and make an official statement." I then remember the fear in her eyes when I glared at her. They knew she wasn't going to make any statement, or be in a court room. And stupid of the police to do it when the girl is still metres away from me. I'm not a violent person but I'm sure some drug dealers are, especially ones in organised crime...

So they settled on possession again. And made me sign some stuff, they asked if i was intoxicated, I said yes upto to camera. They threw the paper away and told me I'd be hearing from them, threatened me with other various things and said get out of the city for 24 hours, if we see you again we'll arrest you. Then a D came upto me at the bus stop a few minutes later talking about meth. Wanted to know if I got any, I said I dont know why dont you ask your friends.. and he walked off.. I saw a street-kid that was a known speedbomb dealer and he told me he saw me getting arrested, told him the story and he said they haven't got shit, they did it to my mate easier, just robbed him of his gear and told him to fuck off.

So in reality if you get forced to be searched on no grounds of suspicion, then you will lose your drugs, as they are illegal (or if you say theyre legal, say a prescription or something else not illegal, they will lab test them and you can get a ticket to pick them up after a tab test, lol).. but in court it won't hold up unless you say you are guilty.

A lot of the times they make a question sound like an order using an intimidating voice. But this is still a question you can say no to. Just be polite. QLD coppers have been doing this for yonks. Don't give in. Even if they force search you. let the filth roll in their own mud and mess with paperwork and then laugh when you get no fine or conviction in the end. Their superiors and magistrates wont be exactly happy with the station, officers involved and prosecution.

Last edited:
Let’s try and keep this thread on track and keep the discussion centred on the perceived removal of our civil liberties.

If you would like to discuss the legalities of police searches, and your rights surrounding these searches, the Getting searched by the police... thread should provide all the information you need. :)

GlassAss420 said:
"He had to go to a police station within 7 days to be fingerprinted and have a sample of his DNA taken. "

Wow thats total bullshit they took his DNA for a non-violent, non sexual crime, they don't do that even in the police state that is the US.

Its always been like that. If you get arrested and charged you get your prints (all fingers, thumbs, palms, side of hand) two copies, then a swab each sides of your mouth for D.N.A

The only charge this doesn't apply for is drink driving in the low range.
You have to do all this if you are doing medium to high range.

^^ Wow thanks Ducky, i've always wanted to read that.

Basically police have the right for a warrant less search on anyone if they suspect the person is carrying a drug. Because they can in reality suspect anyone is carrying a drug, they can search anyone.

Change happens so slow, by the time people realize it, its too late. This is how our freedoms and liberties are being slowly eroded. The drug misuse act these laws are under was introduced in 1986, it would have seemed like a fair policy back then. And now 20 years later they are sodomizing the same law to conduct random dragnet searches throughout nightclub districts.

Who knows how they will exploit the wording contained in the new drug driving laws. As the technology improves they could start detecting drugs you used days ago to incarcerate you. Seems ludicrous but this is where it begins.

One interesting thing i found was

Personal Searches near Video Cameras

If the area in which a person is being searched is monitored by a video camera, that camera must be turned off, or the search conducted out of view of the camera. The rule applies unless the person viewing the monitor is a police officer of the same sex as the person being searched.

i could imagine how someone might be able to use that as an ace up their sleeve

-TT

lil angel15 said:
Let’s try and keep this thread on track and keep the discussion centred on the perceived removal of our civil liberties.

If you would like to discuss the legalities of police searches, and your rights surrounding these searches, the Getting searched by the police... thread should provide all the information you need. :)

I love you.

I could easily see this happening here in North America. The police are assholes all over. I was recently pulled over for speeding (like 3 over the limit), they asked if I had had an arrest b4. I told them yeah for marijuana, but the charges were dropped. (didn't know what they could pull up) aparnetly(sp?) that was probable cause. They searched my vehicle, didn't find shit, and told me I was lucky they didn't haul my ass in.

I told them they were lucky they didn't find anything and report it as it would have been dismissed in court. probably would have gotten THEM in trouble.

tried to chew them out (supposed to protect us, not trample on our "freedom") they just left as I was flapping my jaw.8)

What happened to your mate sux.

This is also part of why the cricket crowds here sucked too. You can't do a mexican wave, you can't throw a beach ball around, you can't yell at the opposition, you can't take a bag in, and the rest.

Police state? Damn straight.

time traveler said:
... Being a reasonable law abiding citizen, he complied.... they patted him down and found half a marijuana cigarette in his back pocket.

I don't want to cause a flame throwing contest but a law abiding citizen doesn't walk the streets with a marijuana cigarette in his back pocket.

Yes it was unlucky and he's use may not be hurting anyone, but if you are an illicit drug user you are breaking the law. Most cops would let you off, this one didn't.

I think the point was, he was not obviously under the influence or causing a ruckus or any other such 'probable cause' for a search. He was just walking past some police who were talking to another group of people, when they randomly decided to pat him down right there.

But yes, your right, it was against the law to be carrying that joint in his back pocket. Still, I'm sure there are a lot of BL'ers who feel that the law is in need of some reform...

True, but you still have to abide by the law if you agree with it or not.

I am guessing the the police did have reason to believe he was carrying drugs... they were right weren't they?

In this instance they were right but the question that needs to be asked is - How often are they wrong???? :\

According to friends in Brisbane, these searches are occuring on a more regular basis and for no more reason than parking in a specific parking facility or transiting certain clubs. It could be argued that the walk the line operations conducted by the Queensland Police Service were the beginning of this new era of removing basic civil liberties.

DNA and Forensic Support Unit

In July 2000, legislation was introduced in Queensland that allowed Queensland Police to collect DNA samples from persons who volunteer their samples, persons charged with indictable offences and from prisoners for inclusion on a DNA Database. DNA samples left at crime scenes such as hair, saliva and blood and considered to have been left at the scene by suspected offenders are also collected. Scientists at Queensland Health Scientific Services (QHSS) analyse the DNA samples collected and resulting profiles are then stored on the DNA Database where the profiles from previously unsolved crimes and individuals are compared for the purposes of investigating offences.
Forensic Services Branch

So, what happens if someone refuses to comply to DNA testing? Has there been a precedent?

My concerns lay with the potential for misuse. Until it can be shown that all police, lawyers and those with access to DNA databases can always be trusted [ read; never] then they should not be empowered with additional means by which to falsly convict, or to present such as evidence in a court of law.

Human error and willful intention has been responsible for this technology being misused in the past. Of course, forensics could also employ RFLP (restriction fragment length polymorphisms) as an alternative and more accurate method of profiling, or to further validate PCR findings, but that's not done in Queensland, mainly because RFLP is considered too expensive. Other, better techniques such as mitochondrial DNA profiling aren't used for similar reasons.

Here's a couple of examples of how things can and do go wrong.

Catalyst examines dodgy DNA cases; 27 June 2002

shorza said:
True, but you still have to abide by the law if you agree with it or not.

I am guessing the the police did have reason to believe he was carrying drugs... they were right weren't they?

It's just too bad the friend of the OP didn't ask why they wanted to search him, that would have cleared up whether they had a valid reason or if they were just 'casting a wide net', so it were.

From what I've heard though, they basically just search random people in the city at night time. If you decline to 'volunteer' for a search it is, as has been said, just ammunition for them to pull you aside and forcibly look for illegal substances.

As lil' angel asked, how often are they wrong? Probably a whole lot of the time if they are searching everyone and anyone they come across.

Sir Joh, anyone? 8)