• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking weed with a head cold and cough?

i smoke all the time even if im sick and it doesn't both me 1 bit. i cough more if anything but i styll get sjut as high and makes me notice my sickness less.

i actualy did this last friday night.

had (still kinda have...) the flu and vaporized. it actually helped my coughing a bit - which surprised me. idk, made me feel pretty good for a couple of hours and helped me go to sleep

I did this last Friday night as well. At the time I'd had a slight head cold and a nagging cough for the past couple of days. The night went fine but the next day my throat was extremely dry and sore and I had developed a fever to boot. I'll know better not to do this next time.

A veteran smoker recently told me to try smoking through a bong with hot water in it instead of cold, and it supposedly is way better on the throat. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm about to in three minutes here, cause my head/throat is a freakin mess...and neck

I have currently have a head cold. I've been smoking even though I have a cold, because most of the time it makes me feel better, and lessens my painful sore throat.

I find that smoking weed with any sort of head discomfort leads to intense and painful headaches, plus sensations of skydiving or vertigo with eyes closed.

I think weed may make me feel better for a short period after smoking, but this comes at the expense of feeling even worse than originally after the come-down. And that's not even the worst of it. The worst is waking up and tasting a mixture of weed smoke, blood, and mucous throughout my throat that's dry as a desert, and sore as shit.

It should be pretty obvious that smoking ANYTHING while sick is a bad idea, simply because the smoke contains toxins that are directly contacting the areas affected by the 'bug' (throat, lungs, sinuses), which just adds to the inflammation and the overall 'battle'. However, it is my belief that even if 'smoke' were avoided by eating the weed or vaping it, it's still not a good idea: There is evidence that Cannabinoids inherently suppress the immune system, regardless of how they are consumed.

Had a sore throat and cough a few days ago. I smoked weed and it seemed to make my throat feel a bit better.

I always smoke weed though, rain hail sleet or snow, I'm like the post office and the ganja is a package of happiness that needs to get delivered to my brain.

Never seems to make me feel worse, although I'm sure it's not healthy to be hitting the herb with a sore throat.

Not only does the feeling of being stoned add a whole new "light-hearted" edge to the sickness where it feels like it's a lot more handleable, but consuming Cannabis orally helps my body get over the illness due to it's myriad of health benefits. It is a herb, after all.

Smoking obviously ain't the best idea, but you should simmer a dose in some rapeseed oil and consume that in a yoghurt or however you wish.

I enjoy smoking while sick, but that's probably just because I'm pretty much a daily smoker. However, all the hits were much harsher, just ripping up my throat. But it was worth it, because the high was soothing to all the aches and pains I felt.

It took me a few trial/errors before I realized that every time I smoked weed with a simple cold, it turned into bronchitis. Even the hot air from vaporizers irritate the throat.

Eat edibles. :)

nothing is the same when you're sick. The high, the taste of food, nothing......

im smoking and sick now and it totally slows my throat from healing. oh well, i'd rather be high.

how many times do i have to say this lmao....take 30-60 mgs DXM and smoke some weed. you will feel amazing.

I still smoke weed while I'm sick.
Nothing like a good toke with some warm tea.
It helps with the head congestion and body ache.

Although it does make me cough more when I smoke it obviously.
Also be careful of dry mouth, it will make your throat hurt even worse.

how many times do i have to say this lmao....take 30-60 mgs DXM and smoke some weed. you will feel amazing.

man im drinking like 5 theraflus a day lol, im getting plenty of dextro and diph, it's not like DXM actually cures being sick as hell. i mean it helps but smoking is slowing down my congestion and irritation from healing by a whollleee lot.

theraflul hahaha. i know how it is man, i've had this cough for nearly 3 months now. never seems to go away.. even though DXM does not act as a local anesthetic like ketamine, dextromethorphan raises the coughing threshold in the CNS