Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ecstasy in Oz, Imported or Homemade??

Soma24

Bluelighter
Just wondering is a majority of the ecstasy in Australia imported, made here, or a good mix of both??... I've read around a bit and some sources seem to say it's usually made here, while others say it's mostly imported.

Any of you guys know, or have reason to believe it's one or the other?? I suppose it doesn't really matter in the end, I'm just kinda curious.

Im not sure how much discusion this thread will generate apart from speculation..And im sure the people that have the answers wouldnt post about it here!

It does matter in the end. More and more dodgey cooks are making MDMA like speed is made now. Leaving it impure as shit before it even gets to a pill. But I would say in the UK etc.. they follow the same standards now. People in Belgium, Holland, Spain and other european countries normally have better quality though.

I would say MDMA precursors are imported, and that results in better MDMA normally in the end. But I would say a lot of MDMA is made here, and pressed here as well. Some good, some shit.....

It's really not fully known but big imports are a thing of the past. Customs have specific software with their X-Rays that pick up pills hidden in anything and alert customs officers even if the package is under 3 others on a conveyer belt. I think a lot of MDMA would be sent via liquids. Anyone that uses express for this kind of stuff are stupid.

definitely not all.
just more than people think. and it is normally shit

Soma24 said:
Just wondering is a majority of the ecstasy in Australia imported, made here, or a good mix of both??... I've read around a bit and some sources seem to say it's usually made here, while others say it's mostly imported.

Any of you guys know, or have reason to believe it's one or the other?? I suppose it doesn't really matter in the end, I'm just kinda curious.

There are plenty of safrole containing plants living in australian habitats. For example yellow and brown camphor oils contain plentiful safrole. Safrole is the key ingredient in producing MDMA.

You'd need to steam distill Camphor plant material, especially old/aged plants, then separate the safrole from the constituents contained in white camphor oil, then use it in the chemical synthesis.

That's all I know...

You'd need to steam distill Camphor plant material, especially old/aged plants, then separate the safrole from the constituents contained in white camphor oil, then use it in the chemical synthesis.

There's a bit more involved in the extraction, but - and I and others have said for years - it's definitely do-able. Depending upon the chosen route, all other chemicals are available OTC or can be made from OTC sourced chems.

So, logic would say that if imported MDMA is reduced due to increased LE and boarder patrol while a fat market still exists, then some producer somewhere will see the value in making it in Aus.

Even if the price dropped to a 10th of it's present street value, it would still prove a very viable venture for those so inclined, despite the process being such a 'long way round'. However, unlike meth from pseudo, there's no suspicious chems to buy, if they're obtained from OTC sources, so if an operation was clandestine enough, it could well escape the attention of LE.

The big question IMO is what sort of quality is a final product? Sure, extra steps could be performed to produce a cleaner product, but would these be done when there's already such an extensive degree of work required to produce the drug via such means?

Drugs are bad - Prohibitionists have told us, and just to drive home the point, they've now made them more so.

phase_dancer said:
The big question IMO is what sort of quality is a final product? Sure, extra steps could be performed to produce a cleaner product, but would these be done when there's already such an extensive degree of work required to produce the drug via such means?

Potential manufacturers always take the path of least resistance, IMO. It just doesn't make sense financially to fuck around with a multi-step chem extraction/workup (which takes some skill too, mind you :| ), when they can find a quick-fix strategy, like for instance, spiking "ecstasy" tablets with ketamine. It serves their purpose... people buy it. I know that it's a WHOLE different ballgame when it comes to manufacuring in Europe though; huge quantities of precursors are shipped overland from far East Asia or sourced from Russian operators, so supply is never a massive hurdle.
When these Dutch chemists churn out MDMA pills @ 100+mg/pill, they sure as shit ain't doing it out of goodwill -- they (some, not all) obviously must be making a killing. And for what reason; out of pride for making a good product?! yeah, right... Because they are taking the path of least resistance: sourcing vast quantities of precursor chemicals with their very good blackmarket (I hate that word)connections... then cooking them up in a cow's barn in garbage cans somewhere out in the Dutch countryside :D

We published a paper in the Australian & NZ Journal of Public Health Journal a little while back, which independently evaluated all of the clan lab busts in Australia. About 80% were meth labs, which means either much more meth than MDMA is being produced in Oz, or possibly just that tweakers can't keep their shit together.

Caldicott DG, Pigou PE, Beattie R, Edwards JW.
Clandestine drug laboratories in Australia and the potential for harm.
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2005 Apr;29(2):155-62

when a scum pill dealer tells you his pills are 'imports...quality shit', chances are that he got them off one of his mates who knows a guy who presses good looking pills.
i don't think anyone these days goes through the trouble of trying to smuggle pills from other countries. well certainly not anyone i know, i am from penrith.

penrith (and the westies) and other close sydney areas (especially wollongong! the shire, whatever you wanna call those areas) and up more at newcastle seem to have their own "local presses" and the stamps and pill shapes don't change often and its a little bit of that and a little bit of that, but normally dead cheap compared to pills scored in the city. This is going back a few years things may of changed. But they were mostly speedy

^^ pills are definitely more expensive in the city compared to western suburbs. but they are also better rolls from my own experience.

It's like QLD's market, theres hardly any good pills getting up here now without them having to come up in huge shipments for people to make money, because people are too used to paying half the price of the good pill's cost.