Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Thanks to phase_dancer

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
Unfortunately it's time for us to say a big thanks to phase_dancer who is stepping down as a mod to focus on other projects.

I was going through the archives and realise that it's five years to the day that he became a mod in our little corner of BL (well at least I'll keep him on the payroll one more day).

A huge, huge thanks on behalf of myself and the countless others here who have benefited from your knowledge over those years. Not to mention everything you contribute and will continue to contribute to the cause of HR in Australia.

You're truly an inspiration to many of us and we look forward to what you've got to share with us in the future. :)

This is truly a sad day for Bluelight and the Australian Drug Discussion. :(

The contribution phase_dancer has made to the site is phenomenal and has undoubtedly helped countless individuals. The passion he has shown for HR within this country must be commended and I only hope it continues for some time to come.

You’re a true fountain of knowledge and I thank you for everything you have done for AusDD and for the information you have imparted upon us all.

Good luck and all the best. :)

All the best phase_dancer, hope to see you around on the forums, you've been a massive help to many of the people on here!

Thankyou!! :)

P_D you know very well how I respect your work and knowledge.
Keep in touch mate.

noice one PD, five years BL was better off for the experience and dedication you gave it :)

hopefully ill be up north in the early year to say g'day

Just like to add. Every single one of your well thought out, formatted and intelligent posts will stay in the heart of Bluelight and you won't be forgotten in a long time bro.. Especially us oldschoolers.

And they were never overlooked.. They were just simply complete so not much people had to ask much questions..

Rock on dude and send us an e-mail soon when you're not busy.

Last edited:
What can i say that i have not already told you! Your work here and with other projects has been invaluable, you've left some mighty big shoes to fill. :\

I don't post all too much- but I just wanted to so thank you for all your very valuable posts!

I'm sure there are a number of people out there - like me - who don't post but still appreciate the effort you put in.

thanks again.

Thanks Phase Dancer. Your scientific knowledge was invaluable to Bluelight. All the best :)

Thanks for all your hard work here on Bluelight and in RL. You've been a great asset for harm reduction, much appreciated.

You will be missed oh wise one. Your contribution to HR has been nothing short of amazing. Your advice has given me new perspectives on what HR truly entails, some very valuable lessons indeed.

Good luck in the future and don't forget to drop in from time to time. :)

So, it’s time for this crusty ol’ Bluelighter to hang up his mod boots.

But don’t worry, it certainly doesn’t mean I won’t be around. I've come to realize that I couldn’t leave this place if I tried.

Like many of you, this Bluelight forum is very special to me, and dwelling here has greatly impacted on my life. I get my first news reports of the day here and it’s usually the first place I turn to for updates on local studies and surveys. Bluelight threads, particularly in relation to postings in Aus/ Asia DD, have been a major resource in keeping up to date on new substances, trends and practices. Without a doubt it’s the place to go for insight into Australia’s future drug use trends.

Then there’s the social side of the place and how that has integrated with my real life. Those Bluelighters I’ve met in person have all been great people and most remain close friends. And there are countless Bluelighters I’ve regularly communicated with, but not met in person. Many of these people I regard very highly and would welcome any chance to meet in RL.

Looking back to those early and comparatively heady days of Bluelight, I’m constantly reminded of those who put together and sculptured the posting guidelines for Aus/ Asia Drug Discussion. Past Aus mods and admins have shaped the forum in such a way that it‘s become a cornerstone of a rapidly evolving community. Once upon a time drug discussion was the major theme of every BL forum, and while Bluelight’s primary purpose is still HR, the site today encompasses so much more.

So why am I quitting this mod position? Many reasons, first and foremost among these are family commitments and my desire to focus on other things. This past year has been quite an ordeal health wise for several family members and I’m sad to say the worst news has only recently been received. I want to ensure my clan gets to spend time with those family members for whom life expectancy isn’t so great.

I also have unfinished science projects galore, a couple of which might yet be able to offer something positive to environmental and energy related issues. One of these I’ve been working on and off with for a couple of years and the next stage involves taking it to a pilot plant level.

I also feel it’s time to step aside and let some ‘new blood’ take the reins. I’ve been less than equal to my fellow mods in my duties over the past year, yet when I first got the badge I was really enthusiastic. So, it’s time for fresh ideas and the commitment and dedication that accompanies a newly appointed moderator.

I had hoped to postpone this final attempt at resigning until after we received the neorg report that many have so anxiously awaited. However, I will restate my commitment to presenting this information the moment it’s received and reviewed. Several Bluelighters have assisted in this project and I wish to again thank them for their efforts and contributions.

I would also like to sincerely thank the current Aus DD team; Fry-d- lil angel15 and hoptis. (I mention Fry-d- because his mod/admin ghost is still with us…mod joke ;) )

You’ve all been fantastic to work with and have contributed immensely towards maintaining and improving this forum. I was also very pleased we got to see a well deserved hoptis get offered an admin position. The standards set by people like johnboy, pleonastic, apollo, BT and Fry-d-... (I could go on here)… have been more than met by the current team - thanks particularly to the diligent and tireless efforts of lil angel and hoptis. I will miss our communications guys but I sincerely hope that one day we can meet in person – and party of course =D

So, this is not a farewell, just a resignation blurb. While the future might not see me be as active on the board, I’ll still be around for some time yet, so don’t hesitate to ask if you think I can help with anything.

Adiós Amigos

you will be greatly missed. thanks for EVERYTHING p_d. hope to see you around some day. <3

...kytnism...:|

We forget to mention all the posts that appear in other forums, not just this one. Ecstasy Discussion, Advanced Drug Dsicussion etc.. always guarenteed a good read when I see that little, green graphy machinery thingy pop up!

I'm sad to see you hanging up your mod boots p_d :(
Your calm, clear and perceptive posts will be missd..

Good luck with the other projects, and sorry to here about the family stuff

ayjay

you have been an exceptionally valuable resource.. hope you make the most of focusing on your family life. :)

So long

Thank you for the informed posts and wonderful attitude you brought forth to this community.

Good luck with the reports and the family concerns PD.

Best of luck with your interests outside BL and keep popping in here and say hi.........

Respect to you!!!!

Nice one p_d!

BL needs more people like you. Good luck in the future.

You rock :)

I'm sorry to hear about the health and other issues your family has been going through. Good on you for making sure time priority goes where it is needed. I look forward to staying in touch with you into the future!

5 years of moderating which has really positively shaped Bluelight and the lives of people who use drugs is something to be very proud of :)