PDA

View Full Version : Getting Off Right - a safety manual for injection drug users

unholyangel
16-06-2001, 21:44
i'll let it do the talking...
http://www.harmreduction.org/gor.html

Getting Off Right is a plain-speaking, unbiased how-to survival guide for injection drug users. Written by and for users and service providers, the manual is a compilation of medical facts, injection techniques, junky wisdom, common sense and harm reduction tips designed to keep users safe and healthy. Using easy to understand language, simple and clear illustrations, Getting Off Right is also a perfect desk reference and training tool for service providers. The 81-page manual is divided into five chapters and includes:
•Preparing yourself and your equipment.
•The basics of safer injection (with detailed diagrams of appropriate injection sites).
•Potential health complications: from abscesses to Endocarditis. and everything in between.
•Overdose and other medical emergencies.
•Where to get new equipment and what to do with the old.
With Getting off Right A Safety Manual for Injection Drug Users, HRC fills the void of information about safely injecting drugs.

fucking awesome amount of information, blunt discussion and diagrams... do yourself a favor and read it.
The entire manual is available online... you can even print it out in a printer-friendly form...
be well.
.da angel.
------------------
~~if we are what we eat, then what is to be said of what we choose to listen to...?~~
"To say of an addict who is in a continual state of euphoria that he is degrading himself is like saying of marble that it is spoilt by Michaelangelo, of canvas that it is stained by Raphael, of paper that it is soiled by Shakespeare, of silence that it is broken by Bach."
~Jean Cocteau, Opium: Diary of a Cure~
[This message has been edited by unholyangel (edited 16 June 2001).]

stp1993
16-06-2001, 22:13
wow, that is a really good site there angel!
Thanks

sparklr
16-06-2001, 22:57
This belongs in the injection FAQ

unholyangel
18-06-2001, 22:04
because...
------------------
~~if we are what we eat, then what is to be said of what we choose to listen to...?~~
"To say of an addict who is in a continual state of euphoria that he is degrading himself is like saying of marble that it is spoilt by Michaelangelo, of canvas that it is stained by Raphael, of paper that it is soiled by Shakespeare, of silence that it is broken by Bach."
~Jean Cocteau, Opium: Diary of a Cure~

tourette
21-06-2001, 03:39
This is great information! Thanks for posting it.

alert
21-06-2001, 11:26
anne is going to let me stick a syringe full of ketamine into her feminine buttox...

Gantoris
01-08-2001, 12:54
bad
------------------
I LIKE PORK!

DJ Wannabe
01-08-2001, 21:56
NOT bad, which I suppose is good! http://www2.bluelight.ru/ubb/smile.gif
Cheers to unholyangel!
------------------
~I live to learn and learn to live.
~"I'd rather have 30 minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of mediocre."