• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Taking heroin orally

Plague Bearer

Bluelighter
I like the sound of what heroin has to offer, however I ain't the kind of person whos gonna start banging nothing.
Now before you start asking why, let me tell you Phreex is always on about people blaming the drug and not the person, and I know I'm the kind of person who could become addicted easily. So I'm not going to be mainlining at all. However I'd consider snorting (I don't have a problem snorting, i do it often with ampthetemines) but i think the potency could still be an issue which could lead to addicition. Therefore I'm considering taking it orally . . maybe even smoking.
Now, how good is it orally, obviously it should last longer. Are there problems with oral consumption? How much would one need? etc.
thanks

smoke it, snort it, forget about eating it.
You'd have to eat a ton of it first of all in order to feel anything, and I have no idea what the effects would be like.
Any other idiots out there who have EATEN heroin?

ud have to be rich to do it oral. and ud have to be a wimp to smoke. at least rail the shite, even better jab that needle right in there.

shit, i didnt know you 'could' snort H.
ah well learn something new everyday
smile.gif

------------------
I tried sniffing Coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose. :(

hey impulse, didn't you see pulp fiction?
err...maybe not a good example.
wink.gif

------------------
D. A. R. E.
Drugs Are Really Expensive
AIM - CaucasianHomeboy

I ain't the kind of person whos gonna start banging nothing.
Then perhaps you should have been the sort of person that paid attention in grammar school... since you certainly are not the sort that should be left alone with good narcotics.
be well.
.da angel.
------------------
~~if we are what we eat, then what is to be said of what we choose to listen to...?~~
To say of an addict who is in a continual state of euphoria that he is degrading himself is like saying of marble that it is spoilt by Michaelangelo, of canvas that it is stained by Raphael, of paper that it is soiled by Shakespeare, of silence that it is broken by Bach."
~Jean Cocteau, Opium: The Diary of a Cure~
[This message has been edited by unholyangel (edited 16 June 2001).]

jesus, don't encourage this fool to waste good narcotics...
heroin is NOT ORALLY ACTIVE in reasonable doses.
synthetic opioids like methadone, naltrexone (boo), etc. are orally active
morphine isn't absorbed very well orally either. opium works slightly better but it's still more effective to smoke it.
In the pre-Harrison act days (1914?), patent-medecine manufacturers were permitted to put like 1/4 of a grain of morphine per weighted ounce, or 1/8 of a grain of heroin, or 2 grains of opium. These people weren't fiending for it the next day, trust me.

Heroin has the same oral activity as morphine. 60mg heroin oral is equivalent to 60mg morphine. It wouldn't be that unreasonable to take it orally, it just wouldn't be very cost effective.

I thought that was coke uv1?
Anyhoo.. PB snort it. Just do a few small bumps spaced out, to see if you like what you are getting into. Check the "Huffing the Horse.." thread in Aust Drug discussion.
smile.gif

why the fuck do you think hydromorphone/hydrocodone were synthed? so people could take MORPHINE in a pill and abosrb it better. Morphine itself is not absorbed well orally (5-10mg hydrocdone orally=60mg morphine orally), so to say taking heroin orally is as reasonable as taking morphine orally is to say it is a waste of fucking time and money.
[This message has been edited by djtonedeaf (edited 17 June 2001).]

And I best the next thing you are going to say, djneedledick, is that MS CONTINS do not give you a nice buzz and that they have no recreational value.

why would anyone play around with morphine sulfate when we have oxys and hydros? It's called progress. And have you ever SEEN a ms contin?
Does anyone know the polarity of morphine?

shit...I just remembered, I wish lycaeum was up because there was a story on there about a guy who swallowed a gram of heroin to avoid a bust and he claimed it did not activate. Maybe bullshit, but I still say only very pure heroin would be significantly acitve in an oral dose less than 250mg.

According to erowd (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/heroin/heroin_dose.shtml)
the common oral dosage is 50-70mg, without tolerance

Take you H and mix it with a little water in a spoon. Next heat the spoon slightly to dissolve the crap. Let it cool a bit. Next fill a syringe (don’t worry you wont be slamming it) or cotton ball with the fluid., lie down and squirt/ drip the stuff into your nose. It works very well, and will burn a bit.
Or....put it up your pooper (yuck)...this is as close to putting it in you vein as you can get. A turkey baster will do. Both of these methods work for pills as well. Heroin works fine orally, but something to do with the acidity of the stomach makes absorption that way a lot less potent.
If you are easily hooked, heroin is not a good ally to play with. Most people who get hooked on junk didn't start off slamming.

UV you have to say all opiates if your gonna demonize heroin, there all the same, and you prove your ignorance by singling it out.
It is a waste to do anything but inject diacetyl morphine, and your eventually going to develope tollerance anyway and then it wont even work without eating a huge amount.
Snorting works a little better but not much, just inject and use a very small amount like your supposed to, its more efficient thats why people do it for the most part, you need less for the same effect, it also has a rush that comes with it which is also very desired, the other reason people inject.
You will like heroin the same no matter what route you use, even IV , as the rush only lasts a few minutes and then there the same.
Have fun and stop acting like there evil, you have used endorphins your whole life to get by, now you want to demonize them. Tisk tisk, if it werent for endorphins your ancestors would have given up on life a long time ago, something to think about.
------------------
~The Recreational Pharmacist
Fuck Social, Screw you plur fucks, you dont need a forum for "ELMOvsTELLETUBBIES"
AIM: TheTripDoctor

You don't take heroin orally, the enzymes in your stomache will destroy most of it... CAN you get high off eating smack? Yes, you can, however the high would cost you about $50, and thats assuming the shit is pure ...
Heroin is not for everyone .. if you don't like the idea of injecting drugs, then you will NEVER truely experience heroin ... you can snort it though... if you're the type that doesn't want to snort, well, stick to yer Vicodin and don't waste perfectly good smack that could be PUMPED INTO MY VEINS!
------------------
PACK.MY.BEAK