• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Buprenorphine + Hydroxyzine: The new heroin substitute?

Buprenorphine is never coming close to good Heroin, nomatter what you take with it.

so whats the best bupe to diphenhydramine ratio? and is this a useless idea for people on suboxone maintenence? I know jasoncrest does it daily, so Id assume not.

jasoncrest said:
Diazepam is one of the most useless and worthless benzo to shoot.
It gives no rush, the high is not stronger... Worthless.

The best benzos to shoot are Midazolam and Loprazolam.

Followed by all the triazolo benzos that are potent (only a few mgs needed to produce a strong effect): Brotizolam, Triazolam, Estazolam....
(some -pam benzos may be worth too: Lormetazepam, Flurazepam, Flunitrazepam)

-

If you want to take Bupe in a IV combo, take it with an antihistamine, an take the benzo orally on top.

"Loprazolam"? Do you mean Lorazepam (Ativan) or is there a benzo "Loprazolam"?

^
I think there is a "loprazolam," but I've never heard of it being available in the US.

Chemethist said:
there are a few over the counter anti-histamines, one of them is Chlorpheniramine maleate, and the other is of course Diphenhydramine, ive never shot either and am wondering which would be best...

In the US, the only worthwhile antihistamine to shoot is Diphenhydramine.
Chlorpheniramine sucks (no rush).

IForgett said:
so whats the best bupe to diphenhydramine ratio? and is this a useless idea for people on suboxone maintenence? I know jasoncrest does it daily, so Id assume not.

37,5mg to 50mg Diphenhydramine with the amount of Bupe you usually shoot....
37,5mg if you start, and 50mg when you start to get a tolerance to it.
Never take more than 150mg Diphnhydramine in a day, or you will get anticholinergic dysphoria.

It's not a problem when you're on Bupe maintenance, on the opposite, it's better, cause when you're on maintenance, you have a high Bupe tolerance, and that's when you NEED Diphenhydramine to get high on Bupe.....

TDogUSA said:
"Loprazolam"? Do you mean Lorazepam (Ativan) or is there a benzo "Loprazolam"?

I mean Loprazolam, not Lorazepam.
Loprazolam is an hypnotic benzo available in Europe, very close to Midazolam, and water-soluble.
One of the best high ever....

OK. I don't me to be a son of a bitch. I'm sick of asking this question without a straight answer:

Why, if you're on an opiate treatment are you trying to potentiate it? I thought the idea was to get you away from the 'necessary' evil that becomes a daily chore if you're addicted?

Isn't trying to potentiate buprenorphine when you're attempting to quit...like trying to scrape your skin and then put a nicotine patch on?

It doesn't really sound all that helpful.

Then again, I wouldn't know. So chea.

because we are addicts, and the "call" of the high can be too strong sometimes, so we give in and start looking for ways to get high

OK. So buprenorphine isn't really a failsafe way to quit?

What does it do exactly for you?

I took suboxone once, two years ago. Four mg. I vomitted and couldn't walk for two days.

!!

there is no failsafe way to quit. addicts are always at risk for relapse, for the rest of their lives. suboxone has helped a lot of people stop using, but it doesnt help everybody. for me personally, suboxone makes me feel a little more "normal" and less anxious and less depressed. it also helps lessen cravings for other opiates. for my current situation, im not craving drugs, im just extremely miserable and looking for new ways to get off. people are now saying IVing suboxone(bupe) with benadryl can give you a nice feeling, but i have yet to try it.
also, there is a percentage of people who get sick (vomit) when taking suboxone. you see it in detox a lot. im not sure if its a first time thing only for them or if they need to take less or just cant take any at all.

I'll never take it again.

Man, it was like a day before my birthday. Ended up laying in bed with a trashcan. Yeah! Put your party hat on.

^ just because we are on bupe doesnt mean we havent quit yet. The way I see it is when I was first on suboxone, I was in the process of quitting heroin and after a while, once I became used to the thought of not using heroin anymore and I had adjusted my life back to where it was before I became dependant upon heroin, then I had quit heroin. Now Im just maintaining myself with suboxone. To be honest, I could stop taking suboxone anytime I want. I dont need it in the way I needed it before. Its not something I rely on, its simply a tool I use to help me with my day to day life, so I dont see anything wrong with potentiating it to get a little bit more out of it than I normally do.

Also, I think when you read potentiation of buprenorphine, you might think its making it loads more powerful. Its not. Its very minimal what it does, but its still a subtle reminder of that feeling we gave up.

^ That's what I figured responsible use of the medication to be.

A friend of mine shot dope under twenty times, after the fifth time he was actually complaining about not having withdrawals, like it was glamourous. He went on bupe so he could shoot it and get an opioid perscribed to him.

Rather ridiculous. That's what I consider NOT RESPONSIBLE USE.

^ definitely. I know someone where Im from that went on it after sniffing heroin once or twice a day for maybe a month, and shooting it one time. 16mg a day too. Needless to say, they sold them for dope money. I dont think they ever used a single pill.

EDIT - i didnt mean they were sniffing/shooting suboxone, I meant heroin. I dont think they have ever even taken suboxone.

Last edited:
Well...that's not good. None of it's good.

I just can't believe how tragic it can get.

center, i think 4mg is way to much..

personally i dont plan on IVing more than .4mg at one time. The drug is very good im told in small amounts but at higher doses its better for severe addicts who have a huge tolerance.

.2-.4mg injections... i cant believe people would actually take 10 times that much.

Did anyone understand what I said in my post in regards to cross-price elasticity and whatnot? If people don't understand those concepts maybe I'll be a little more rudimentary in my posts ;/

I do think it's interesting though, any economists out there, and what's your take on heroin and it's possible substitutes?

I'm no economist, but if there was a drastic change in the price of oxycodone or production of them, or by fluke legalization...

I'd surely say you have a competitor.

I didn't read your post on this. I don't go looking for you, unlike you to me.

Back in the dry heroin days of 1960-50, junkies in chicago used to IV talwin and temezapam. Called em blues and temmazies. I read about it in a research paper, so I didn't get a description beyond 'heroin-like rush'.

Try taking a few fioricet, waiting about a half hour (give or take), then take 2 - 4 mg suboxone sublingually. IME, it feels pretty good and makes the suboxone's feelings (how ever little or almost non-existant that feeling may be for you) last longer. And I say 2 - 4 mg of suboxone because I have tried more with this combo and it doesnt seem to work as well, even if you are taking a lot more than 4mg of it like I am. let me know how this works for ya.

Boiling in Acid said:
yes hydroxyzine gotta be sheduled, it's used for anxiety too (& they even give it in rehab). though i never took it with opiates or at reasonable dose at all to tell what it does...

imo diphenhydramine is very good to potentiate opiates (& it gives some very dirty clumsy high by itself which goes great with the opiate high) a high dose of codeine combined with a high dose of diphenhydramine feels almost like heroin to me...

the best downer high i could get was opiate+diphenhydramine+benzo.

ITS NOT SCHEDULED THAT IS WHY THEY USE IT IN REHAB LOL