PDA

View Full Version : does marinol make you high?

Pages : [1] 2

RANDOMNAME1
13-10-2007, 07:51
well i have some im just wondering if you can really get high on it
thanks for answers.

Solidly-here
13-10-2007, 09:03
Some people get REAL stoned on it.

Others get pretty High on it.

Some get almost nothing at all.

ChemicalSmiles
13-10-2007, 17:41
NO marinol does not "MAKE YOU HIGH"

egor
13-10-2007, 21:44
I get almost nothing from it :\

Zubi420
14-10-2007, 00:03
i read somewhre that it i possible to get high off of it but u need a lot of em and the high is kind of different from a normal cannabis high.

Unleashed
14-10-2007, 01:30
You have to take a lot of them, just make a firecracker instead. :)

eimaj
15-10-2007, 18:28
I have no expirence with this, but am curious as to what they commonly perscribe it for?

phane
19-10-2007, 04:59
They prescribe it to people who don't have an appetite. Usually cancer patients I think.

Zubi420
21-10-2007, 01:41
used to increase appetite and decrease nausea mostly for cancer patients going through chemotherapy.

bluedolphin
25-10-2007, 01:33
All they ever did to me was make me somewhat stoned and sleepy. Kind of like weak, shitty, bud.

killo
27-10-2007, 16:51
I beg to differ.

Marinol is simply JUST THC. No other cannabinoids are in it.

The high is so clean and cerebral that sometimes you forget you're even high. It's like the most clean buzz but it doesn't make you very "stoned".

More like real high.

Putingrad
28-10-2007, 19:56
If I smoke on top of marinol, it gets me REAL high. Without the added pot/other cannibinoids, it is a very subtle, but long-lasting, high.

I am shpongled
01-11-2007, 06:35
I beg to differ.

The high is so clean and cerebral that sometimes you forget you're even high. It's like the most clean buzz but it doesn't make you very "stoned".

More like real high.

You gotta respect that sometimes people just want to sit down and chill out. I enjoy THC and other cannabinoids together.

curv4k
24-02-2008, 20:16
I've read a lot of posts about how marinol does nothing but that is so far from the truth in my case. First off... I do not smoke pot and have only tried it one time, when I was very drunk already. I remember it doing nothing to me. Yesterday my friend gave me four marinol 5mg pills. I took one in the morning with some food and tea. Nothing was happening so an hour later I took another one. Four hours later, nothing was happening. So I call my friend and tell him and he says I should take the two at the same time... so I did. About an hour later the paranoid thoughts started to creep up on me, an hour after that I was in total panic. I couldn't focus on a positive thought and I felt crazy. I could only see the negative in everything and I was calling my friends trying to get some help. I was alone when I took it, btw. So marinol may have no effect on someone who smokes pot regularly but for me, it made me completely nuts. I wanted to post this to warn people out there. Has anyone had a similar experience w/ marinol?

theworks
24-02-2008, 20:44
how are all you guys able to get marinol in the first place? not asking for sources per say, but i mean damn we're talking about a pretty serious medicine prescribed for cancer patients. I hate to think of the cancer patients suffering without their medicine

Mr.Hankey
24-02-2008, 20:45
hmm...
http://kauppa.savenmaa.fi/filemanager/productpics/4449picture2Upload.jpg

eckofire
24-02-2008, 23:30
they also prescribe it for people with high anxiety issues.

mla
25-02-2008, 00:15
Ive heard anecdotally (via erowid) that the gelcap marinols (I dont know how they're manufactured now...) could be cracked open onto plant material and smoked similarly to cannabis, but that the high achieved, though subjectively better than simply orally ingesting marinol, was very predictable and uninteresting, which they attributed to the presence of only THC versus the whole array of cannabinoids.

killo
07-03-2008, 12:29
how are all you guys able to get marinol in the first place? not asking for sources per say, but i mean damn we're talking about a pretty serious medicine prescribed for cancer patients. I hate to think of the cancer patients suffering without their medicine

In Texas people can get it at old people homes/medical shit.

Austin, TX that is even though it's illegal. You can't even legally have it and yet people are given it, odd!

pkt
07-03-2008, 14:01
This thread has been going on for too long or am i just fucked it keeps coming up....

NO marinol does not get you high and i dont give a fuck what anyone says... consult your local pediatrician if you dont believe me! Marinol gives you some of the positive side effects of marijuana like increased appetite but it doesnt make you feel stoned.

Why cant people google or even wikipedia this shit...

melange
07-03-2008, 15:23
This thread has been going on for too long or am i just fucked it keeps coming up....

NO marinol does not get you high and i dont give a fuck what anyone says... consult your local pediatrician if you dont believe me! Marinol gives you some of the positive side effects of marijuana like increased appetite but it doesnt make you feel stoned.

pediatrician

what are you like 5?

pkt
07-03-2008, 16:04
pediatrician

what are you like 5?

8)
Actually im turning 11 in 2 weeks and i get straight b's in skool im probly even smarterr than you so like get a life...

Cface
07-03-2008, 21:27
Marinol is (literally) unheard of in my area so i can't say from experience but i imagine it's very weak in comparison to marijuanas vast amount of chemicals and intensity when smoked.
Plus i read that marinol has only around a 40% bioavailability when taken orally and takes a long time to get into circulation and even when that comes around it's nothing spectacular.

And pkt, don't be such an asshole, he just asked a simple question.

Oh man but i bet taking 3-4 marinol pills and smokin some weed on a friday afternoon would make for a killer night.

Will01996
07-03-2008, 21:51
When my father was getting chemotherapy, sometimes a representative from the company that made and/or sold Marinol came in and gave a "2 minute presentation" in the Chemo Ward about Marinol. He then typed up a script for each patient and the DOCTOR SIGNED the scripts and they gave them back to the patients. It was a Schedule III drug at that time. I don't think it is hard to get.

My father refused it when I told him what it was. He said 3 things he would never be involved in were Communism, Narcotics and Homosexuality. About 3 months before he died, he relented on the Narcotics.

Willie

Drack
07-03-2008, 23:04

Marinol is not THC. It is synthetic THC, there is a difference.

Uh I just wanted to point out it says right on the prescription pamphlet that one of the possible side effects is feeling "high."

inferiorandy
07-03-2008, 23:10
I took that particular medication in the hospital to help with appetite and found it to be quite pleasurable. I did notice some similar effects with bud, but nowhere near "on par" with some good cough... different.

firsty
07-03-2008, 23:19
Marinol is not THC. It is synthetic THC, there is a difference.
THC=THC.
regardless of how its made

Drack
07-03-2008, 23:35
THC=THC.
regardless of how its made

The active ingredient in marinol is dronabinol.

Dronabinol is a synthetic version of THC but it is still a different chemical...

zigzag| dta
08-03-2008, 00:07
fromwhat ive heard, no

Tsukasa
08-03-2008, 01:02
It's schedule 3 so it obviously has abuse potential.

It's suppose to get you high, but not stoned. Because it's pure synthed thc which is quite stimulating on it's own.

papasomni
08-03-2008, 11:49
Uh I just wanted to point out it says right on the prescription pamphlet that one of the possible side effects is feeling "high."

Well,.......there you go!

jasonhowie
14-07-2009, 00:28
Ok so first let me say Marinol is the shit. In my opinion it gives you all the benefits of smoking weed without any of the negatives. It makes you feel happy for a longer period of time, it is a more psychological high than physical, you can function much better in terms of day to day stuff, eyes arent all bloodshot, you arent all groggy like an hour later, your lungs arent effected.

You do NOT get high the way you do when you smoke weed its very different. When you smoke you feel high within a few minutes, its much more intense there are more highs and lows. When you take marinol you just feel a calm pleasentness in the beginning later on like 2 hours later your mind feels kind of high in terms of the way your thoughts bounce around and creative juices flow. Movies are better, you may get a bit of the giggles etc etc

I took a pill because my friend got perscribed it. After I took it i though that it kinda sucked. Didnt feel much, a little relaxed maybe. 2 hours went by and i started catching myself doing stupid things you may do when you are high. Then i slowly started to realize that I was effected but in a much more "pleasent mental" way. Very smooth, relaxing, happy feeling. I went jogging and even excercised...things I would never do if i had smoked. Jogging was very nice because my mind just felt so smooth yet my body wasnt lathargic etc.

People who like getting stoned, or really high, blitzed etc may not like it as much as someone like me who just likes the peaceful mental aspect of THC. I would say all in all i really love it. I kept 4 and took them over the weekend (you can take 2 a day) man i had a very enjoyable sat and sunday.

jdizzle
14-07-2009, 00:37
I used to get marinol alot but would never take it without smoking weed so I am not really in a position to objectively judge. We would also crack them open and leak the oil onto bowls etc.

My roomate ate 20mgs before an AC/DC show and felt nothing, then as soon as we left the show, he got uber stoned. He looked extremely ripped w/ blood shot eyes and big-ass grin. He then wolfed down a double chili cheeseburger and fries, so it does increase the appetite. He still says it was one of the highest he's ever been and he was a daily smoker at one point. So whoever says it can't get you high is full of shit.

Roujaxian
14-07-2009, 03:13
Yes, Marinol got me super super high! You should check out my trip report if your interested! Long story short, I got super blazed, got cotton mouth really bad, and hate worse munchies than I've ever had. I also got super beat after the effects wore off.

I always took it without weed and each time I took 30mg with a pretty good regular weed tolerance (smoking atleast once every day)

MistaJeff
14-07-2009, 03:19
8)
Actually im turning 11 in 2 weeks and i get straight b's in skool im probly even smarterr than you so like get a life...

Straight B's = genius.

justinw
14-07-2009, 09:39
I've tried it a couple times many years ago and got nothing from it. From talking to others who've also tried it, it really seems to be a mixed bag. Some get really high, some a little, and some nothing like myself.

Roujaxian
14-07-2009, 19:49
ya I work in a pharmacy and I don't remember where exactly but I remember reading somewhere (possibly on the bottle.. ?) that you should take it with fatty foods in order for it to absorb correctly and that always worked. I used to take them during school and it never kicked in until lunch 4th period where I would eat a bag of chips or something, and then proceed to blow the rest of the money in my lunch account ;)

willifull
09-05-2011, 21:27
ive never been able to get high from it and i have been on marinol for several years. all it did for me was give me cotton mouth like a biotch and a headache from hell....its taken for nausea and appitite for people with cancer and AIDS...i have BENEFITED from using it a lot

2manyopiates
11-05-2011, 14:48
old thread is old

Artificial Emotion
11-05-2011, 14:56
It's just THC, so you're if taking it to get high you'll get all the disadvantages of THC on it's own as you'll be missing out on all the benefits of the synergistic combination of the plethora of hundreds of cannabinoids naturally present in cannabis. Even when taken as directed for medical purposes i.e. nausea, anorexia etc. it can work for some people, more people ironically get much more benefit from straight herbal cannabis. The other cannabinoids can be just as therapeutic, if not more than THC alone.

I'd rather grow my own organic weed as nature intended than pay some crook of a pharmaceutical company for their synthetic crap. It's a bit hypocritical that they legitimize their Marinol on the one had, but demonize cannabis on the other and criminalize anybody who dares to smoke or grow it. It's all about profit though, so I'm not surprised.

rollnpeace
12-05-2011, 04:30
i was in the hospital and they actually gave me merinol because im a medicinal marijuana patient and didnt have my medicine with me (and even if i did there was no way they were gonna let me smoke it in or around the hospital) i didn't feel much off of it. but it took the edge off of my crave to smoke

mygreenbic
29-06-2012, 17:07
To be perfectly honest, i get the ten mg dranabinols off and acquaintance, and one or two get me wrecked. I'm thirty and have been smoking pot since 13.
( http://goo.gl/24w8E )

mygreenbic
29-06-2012, 17:16
Quick addendum, i get anxiety from thc, with my marinol, would you guys recommend diazepam or clonazepam to take away the anxiety, or would that kill the high? I just don't like how introspective it can get, I've had a long time opiate habit and i have done much wrong in my life, and thc always makes me dwell on that. That is the one thing i hate about thc

mygreenbic
29-06-2012, 17:24

This is obviously from what i read different from person to person. Its very subjective, there is no way you can listen to the above quote, I'm very fucking high right now, off two ten mg gels. Very very high, and i am not a n00b to drugs. I think when i read a quote like the one above, it is just trolling
Look at my nick, then click on this pic → http://goo.gl/5FeGI
Mygreenbic

swimmerman89
31-07-2012, 01:07
For the past 6 years, I have had severe symptoms with my digestive disorders, mainly nausea and vomiting. At one point, I was hospitalized for 2 weeks and lost 65 pounds from vomitng everything that was put in my body (unintentionally). Doctors tried every medication out there (phenergan, zofran, zoloft, bentyl, xanax, etc.) at one point they even tried me on thorazine - i guess thinking the sickness was all in my head but it wasn't. I was finally diagnosed with gastroparesis, porphyria, IBS, and reflux but I kept vomitting all the pills and even the sublinguals and suppositories gave me no relief. The only medicine that would help was cannabis. I told my doctor I could digest anything and everything after I smoked a fatty. He put me on marinol and it worked incredibly. Not only am I almost completely better but my life is back on track.

I still enjoy cannabis but found that taking a few (4-5 5mg) marinol an hour before smoking, it really intensifies the high. Very cerebral but extreme muchies so be careful not to empty your cabinets after taking dronabinol. The pill alone doesn't give you a buzz but you can take a safety pin and drizzle it on a bowl and blast off!!!

THC2LSD
31-07-2012, 02:47
I say Marinol is pretty fucking good. If you smoke blunts of kush all day you might not feel it, but it definitely has a positive effects. Only thing I hate about it is it's so fucking expensive. The price has dropped from insanely expensive to very expensive since dronabinol went generic. It's cheaper to just buy weed. It's a combination of production costs, regulations, and milking sick dying people for money. If it weren't so expensive it'd be more popular, same with Desoxyn.

Generic pharmaceutical companies wanted to grow weed to get THC, since the synthesis is hard and expensive, but the DEA said no:(.

swimmerman89
01-08-2012, 23:32
How much are ya'll paying for marinol? i get 60 5mg pills for $10. Maybe my health insurance is just kick-ass!

gearfiend
02-08-2012, 22:42
When my father was getting chemotherapy, sometimes a representative from the company that made and/or sold Marinol came in and gave a "2 minute presentation" in the Chemo Ward about Marinol. He then typed up a script for each patient and the DOCTOR SIGNED the scripts and they gave them back to the patients. It was a Schedule III drug at that time. I don't think it is hard to get.

My father refused it when I told him what it was. He said 3 things he would never be involved in were Communism, Narcotics and Homosexuality. About 3 months before he died, he relented on the Narcotics.

Willie

correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure weed or marinol do not fall under the category 'narcotics', which usually refers to opioid painkillers and other hard drugs. I dont think many people if anyone considers weed or marinol to be a hard drug....

THC2LSD
03-08-2012, 22:38
How much are ya'll paying for marinol? i get 60 5mg pills for $10. Maybe my health insurance is just kick-ass! You do have good insurance. I remember before generic dronabinol Marinol cost like $3000 dollars! Now with generics the cost about $800 for 10mg, $400-500 for 5mg. Think Marinol might be cheaper in other countries besides the US, even a little bit less than Sativex.

Sativex costs about $125 for a vial that lasts at most 10 days. I can only imagine how much Sativex would cost in the US due to drug law and pharma's price gouging. Probably won't get approved.

Still way cheaper just to buy or grow weed, even at black market prices. I can only imagine how cheap weed would be if it was legal.

Highasfuckk
12-04-2014, 10:29
I am a 17 year old cancer survivor and I can say that marinol did get me really high and also helped me eat bit I let one of my friends try them and he said it did almost nothing so I guess it just depends who you are