• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

opiate users: why don't you grow poppies and make opium?

This is like asking why every cannabis smoker dosen't grow and harvest his/her own bud. It's illegal. Seems like a good enough reason not to. I do enough illegal things during the day.

delta_9 said:
This is like asking why every cannabis smoker dosen't grow and harvest his/her own bud. It's illegal. Seems like a good enough reason not to. I do enough illegal things during the day.

no, there's a big difference. one is dealing with a law that is enforced the other is dealing with one that isn't. you can go on ebay right now and buy poppy pods. try buying cannabis on ebay.

burn out said:
so where are they grown and by whom?

the people selling them on ebay know most people that are buying them are using them as drugs, so who are these online drug dealers? i know this is kind of an odd question.

It's not just an odd question, it's a misleading one. Lots of people arrange flowers and make wreaths: if you don't think so, just talk to some of my wife's friends. Crafts are big, and lots of crafters like to work with poppy pods. In fact, I strongly suspect that most of the pods sold in America as decorations are used as decorations.

If you ask most of those eBay dealers questions about morphine content, suitability of their product for making tea, etc. they'll either ignore you, refuse to sell to you, or send a "go fuck yourself, Mister Law Enforcement Entrapment Guy" response. So far as they know, you're buying for decoration use only -- and is there any reason they should think otherwise?

I don't keep a stable residence that I could really grow shit in.

Maybe when I'm older and settled down I'd grow a few. I mean, it'd be a nice little hobby and I could always extract opium. Even if I didn't do it for opium it'd be nice I'd think.

From people who have stable residences and green thumbs...

I'm in school so I'm in and out of different residencies as each semester comes and goes.

Most, in America, are grown by nurseries and private individuals with gardens.

burn out said:
no, there's a big difference. one is dealing with a law that is enforced the other is dealing with one that isn't. you can go on ebay right now and buy poppy pods. try buying cannabis on ebay.
I dont think thats the point. I thought you were saying that making opium from poppy seeds would be easier and cheaper ... what does legality have to do with it? Opium ... the end result is illegal anyways.

Cannabis would be worthwhile as the yield is much higher per plant.

burn out said:
I know you can buy seeds/pods pretty easily. But you didn't start a thread about buying seeds or pods, you started one about growing and harvesting opium. Harvesting opium IS illegal.
Now I realize it's not the same since not everyone known what the opium poppy looks like and almost everyone knows what cannabis looks like. So you(or I) could most likely have a few in your backyard without trouble, but still, if your caught, action will be taken. Rest assured.

that's why i am asking who is growing all these poppies which are being sold online?

We should all start a guerrilla gardening movement where drug users everywhere plant as many opium poppies as possible on every square inch of unused public and private soil.

I got raided once for hypothetically doing just this. Fortunately the cops were uneducated and I got tipped off by a someone who had advance knowlege of local police activity (2 days was all the lead time, though).

Vaccuum, bleach, destroy, give to mom, all I could really do. I still had 1 tablet of something not prescribed sitting out (I lied), and about 5 hypothetical plants sitting out that I missed.

If they'd have recognized what a 3 week old poppy looks like hypothetically, I'd be writing this from the federal penitentiary. I didn't have enough to cover a years habit, but definitely 4 months worth.

Coolio said:
We should all start a guerrilla gardening movement where drug users everywhere plant as many opium poppies as possible on every square inch of unused public and private soil.

lmao my friend did this with poppy seeds for a while, whenever we walked around he would throw them on every patch of open dirt.

None of them ever grew though, I believe poppy plants, while grow easily, require a bit of tender work to get started.

Coolio said:

Johnny Poppyseed is already preparing to strike California.

Yeah I've tried playing Johnny Poppyseed by scattering seed and nothing ever grew. It does take a bit more care to plant them, but it's well worth the time spent.

I always try to play johnny poppy seed too with seeds after I wash them clean, wish I knew someone who was a hardcore baker. I've never seen any evidence that the seeds I throw have grown, most are probably grabbed by birds.
But at least it feels better then flushing them or throwing them in the trash, that seems so wasteful.

need to scatter massive amounts
I bet if a lot of people got on board and started throwing around lots
something might grow..?

heh maybe not

How much opium would one have to smoke to feel effects?

If this persons tolerance is about 120mg oxycodone to get decently high, possibly nod slightly. Never tried opium so I don't know how strong it really is, I assume its weak.

The people who sell pods online are actually typically buying in bulk from farmers in other countries who originally grew the pods quasi-legally for opium to sell to pharmaceutical companies.

Greenlantern420 said:
How much opium would one have to smoke to feel effects?

If this persons tolerance is about 120mg oxycodone to get decently high, possibly nod slightly. Never tried opium so I don't know how strong it really is, I assume its weak.

Bump, can anyone help me out with this question please?=D