View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Major Drug Discoveries Found in Cambodia

Koosh

Bluelighter
Major Drug Discoveries Found in Cambodia
25 September 2007

The recent discovery of two huge methamphetamine laboratories in Cambodia has led to fears that the country is becoming a major regional center of illegal drug production and consumption. Authorities say that tougher anti-drug programs in neighboring countries have led some major drug producers to shift production to Cambodia. Rory Byrne reports for VOA from Phnom Penh.

This meth lab recently discovered in Phnom Penh's Dangkor District is the largest ever discovered in Cambodia. Police at the scene confiscated laboratory machinery, $100,000 in counterfeit notes, guns and huge quantities of methamphetamines.

Police say the lab was used to manufacture and test new generations of increasingly potent illegal drugs.

Another so-called super-lab recently discovered in Kompong Speu province, west of Phnom Penh, was used to make the raw materials needed to produce methamphetamines.

Police say they discovered almost four tons of drug-producing chemicals, enough to make hundreds of thousands of pills.

Lars Pedersen is the head of the United Nations Office on Crime and Drugs in Cambodia. "This puts Cambodia in a higher league in terms of the drug problem. It's now clear that we have drug production taking place in Cambodia. The main drug, which is abused in the country -- and that goes through the country -- is metamphetamines."

The U.N. says 60 percent of the world's 25 million methamphetamine users are living in Asia. Eighty percent of those are under 26 years of age.

In the past, drug enforcement officials say traffickers used Cambodia solely as a transit point. Most drugs came down the Mekong River from Burma and Laos into Cambodia en route to Thailand and Vietnam. Some got shipped further to Australia, the U.S. and Europe.

Pedersen says that the recent discoveries of production facilities in Cambodia reflect a growing drug problem in the region. "It's part of a worsening trend in general in the region," he says. "But trafficking in Cambodia is also influenced -- trafficking and production for that matter -- is also influenced by the crackdowns in Thailand, by a tougher policy in Thailand and in China for that matter, also. So it's a matter for traffickers, producers, to find alternatives and this country is a very attractive alternative."

Robert Bruce is with GSM Consultancy and works with governments in the region to safely dispose of illegal drugs. He says that the Cambodian government and other partners deserve credit for acting quickly to try to contain the methamphetamine problem. "It's really unfortunate that Cambodia is being used as a production center but at the same time I think it's very good that the government is stepping in early, supported by donors and supported by other governments to take actions before it becomes more widespread."

Pedersen says methamphetamines made in Cambodia pose a threat to all countries. "We should not forget that it affects all of the rest of the world because drug production in the magnitude that we see here is not only intended for the Cambodian market, it is intended for the world market."

Click Here

I've heard, from Rachamim, that Cambodia has very lax drug laws and no prescription laws. Looks like that might change soon.

The main drug...is metamphetamines.

God I am so sick of seeing the word methamphetamine pluralized. Don't they teach reporters how to write in English anymore? I learned to distinguish the singular from the plural case in elementary school.

Koosh said:
Police say the lab was used to manufacture and test new generations of increasingly potent illegal drugs.

I want to know what these new generation, more potent drugs are!

MDPV, Desoxy, etc.

There was just a lab busted in the Phillipines that was making 180 tons per year. crazy shit...

phrozen said:
I've heard, from Rachamim, that Cambodia has very lax drug laws and no prescription laws. Looks like that might change soon.

Especially if the US has anything to say about it.

Cambodia's drug laws are about as strict as any other Asian country, but the thing is that enforcement in miniscule. There's no system for prescribing medicine (morphine and ketamine are avaliable at a few pharmacies, no questions asked), and marijuana is widely tolerated if you're not a total idiot about ti. I don't think they've got much leniency toward hard drugs, but the police don't seem to devote a lot of resources to drug enforcement.

I just got back from 3 months in PP yesterday. Valium, Xanax, morphine ampules and as said above ketamine is pretty easy to get OTC.

Hell they sprinkle weed on your pizza at just about EVERY pizza place in town for an extra couple of bucks.

I dont want to make it sound like a drug takers paradise. I have a genuine love for the khmers and wish them the best for the future <3

But shit alot of the younger guys are so two faced, theres the "hey im your friend come meet my family" side.

Then turn your back and there stealing your camera, money etc to feed there raging meth addiction, it happened about 4 or 5 times to me, now I trust know one!

I think the sweet vanilla scent of one more yabba pill will make me gag, literally :\

Meth has literally blown away heroin, although it was defiantly around.
China white or brown sugar at around fifty a gram, and im sure it was all over 90% pure.

I met one guy from, Nepal who was doing over a gram of china white a day, he smoked it off foil and had been doing so the last 8 years.
Fuck I felt so sorry for the guy, one day he turned up and brought 8 yabba pills and was like, this is going to get me through withdrawls and im going to quit once and for all.

Than the next day he calls up asking for more smack. He gets in the house and yells, "Plastic Bag, Quick!"
I grab him one and immediately he starts vomiting in the bag. He looks up at the dealer hands him a $20 and there he was back to square one.

He gave me 3-4 hits off the foil, but it doesn't go well with me, I just feel sick and dizzy, and that was my 4th time with smack and it always makes me sick and retched.
Ehh, thats a bit off tangent. But too answer your question, meth is at least 10 times more popular.

Although give me a $10 bill and 15 minutes and I could score you some grade A smack no problems.
Heres a pick off one of my friends mixing up some brown sugar.Taken in the poor shanty part of PP, my eyes nearly fell out of my head when he dumped that bag on the plate!

And as for the counterfeit money they found, I brought back three fake $100 bills and exchanged them here in Australia no problem.
They where good fakes though they had watermarks and everything, they cost me $20 a piece.

Over there though ALL the money changers know the fakes from the real ones and there worthless. Its only when I took them back home and gave them to the money tellers at the airport did they get accepted.
I would have brought more but I thought if I get caught with say over 5 fakes I would have some serious explaining to do. . . .

Attachments

• smack.jpg
    smack.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

What exactly are they mixing with the dope in that photo?

phrozen said:
Thanks for the info.

What exactly are they mixing with the dope in that photo?

That puzzles me too, he had one massive rock of brown in one ziplock and that white powder in a much smaller ziplock.

He just dumped both bags on the plate and started mashing them together with that knife.

It could be china white, or some kind of cut? Although I would be a little surprised if it was a cut, as all the junkies over there ALWAYS get very pure dope and would know, so my guess is china white.

It is the, golden triangle after all ;)

A big problem I started to see by the time I left on the last trip, and I left in middle of March this year, was insoluble adulterants being repressed into the #4 (what everyone and theor mum calls China White there). I had bought some street garbage, and by that time was IMing it (at the amount I was doing there it was impossible to insufflate and do anything else, it would have taken all day). Usually, you throw a CC of water on 100 mgs. and it just dissolves instantly, no heat or even agitation. This crap was nasty. Had to heat it for a good 20 seconds and this was being dols more and more by the Lake.

Sad to say but I imagine now they only have the good stuff, on the street, in the shanties or over by the Needle Exchange.

Sativa: Did they get their methadone programme yet?

On the bootleg 100s. Yeah, always a problem there. Also them pawning off the wrinkled and dirty bills on you and noone else taking them, ESPECIALLY not banks. I was in ALCEDA every other day. As for money changing...Well I used to go to the row off of Central Market but they are sly ones. They are quick change magicians and will rob you blind. ALWAYS change SMALL amounts anc ount what you are giving twice, out loud and kake eye contact...and again when you get it and do not turn your back before counting or you will never get redress.

As for the person who said drug laws are strict. Not as far as SE Asia goes. Cambodia is not only basically unenforced as far as use, but also has very lenient treatment for offenders as well. The most you will get is 12 years, even with multi-kilo amounts. Where I live, 10 grams of poppy seeds gets you lethal injection.

Oh, heard from a pal they do have Ketamine OTC still, but morphine has been illegal for about 3 years now and I did not hear of it anyway. IN FACT, one of my regular dealers used to make money as a Tuktuk guy (for the Westerners, that is the little moped taxis with wagins and without). He said Westerners were always trying to get morphine and never could. It used to be everywhere OTC.

I certainly cheked on the last trip hahahah. You can get Oxy though. 5 mg IR capsules by Mundipharma for 1 dollar a milligram. They would sell morphine because Oxy is also illegal now, but morphine has been removed from retail trade because of Western Drug Tourism. DEATH TO BACKPACKERS.

You must now get it at Calmette Hospital near the French Embassy on Monviong.

Codeine of course is everywhere but only in horrpible combo preps that you have to CWE on but if you can get some pyridine you can make you own morphine, right?

Also, powdered opium is OTC in a Gout Medication, except it has another botanical in it that is lethal in large amounts. You have to extract the opium out. Actual opium, and I was there in Harvest Season mind you, is about 20 US for 5 grams, but you can get it for 17 IF you bargain and everything is bragaining there. Almost as bad as Israel.

Cannabis as Sativa said is all around and yes, it is eaten and they have it on pizza as he said. The Lake is famous for that. "Happy Pizza" anyone?

I left America for the Philippines a month or so ago, and had wanted to go first back to Cambodia. Even been dreaming about it here after I got back. I will go again soon! Before they dredge the Lake for sure.