Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: AdelaideNow - 25/09/07 'Hydroponic equipment ban '

lil angel15

Bluelight Crew
Hydroponic equipment ban
September 25, 2007 02:30pm

Hydroponic equipment used for growing or manufacturing drugs will be banned under new laws by the State Government.

Equipment used in the cultivation of cannabis or in drug laboratories will be banned if possessed without reasonable excuse.

Maximum penalties will be two years in prison or a $10,00 fine under provisions of the Controlled Substances (Possession of Prescribed Equipment) Bill going through state parliament.

The laws are expected to come into force n the next three months.

The same penalties will apply to the possession of a document with instructions for the manufacture of controlled drugs.

AdelaideNow

Wow Australia is getting pretty strict on the old pot.
I didn't even think America had it this bad.

SA to ban drug equipment possession
September 25, 2007 - 5:39PM

Recipes for illegal drugs and the possession of equipment to make them will be banned under proposed South Australian government legislation.

SA Attorney-General Michael Atkinson on Tuesday introduced legislation to parliament that banned the possession of drug-related recipes and equipment without a reasonable excuse.

Mr Atkinson said under the legislation people would have to prove why they have equipment used in the hydroponic cultivation of cannabis or face a maximum two years jail or a $10,000 fine.

The laws would also apply to equipment for clandestine drug laboratories and drug recipes, including those to make "hash cookies" and alike that involved marijuana, he said.

Mr Atkinson said the laws were aimed at destroying the profit-making ability of bikie gangs who were known to make or cultivate drugs for sale.

"We want to make it very hard for drug cultivators and manufacturers in South Australia," he told reporters.

"We think they're a pest, they're a nuisance, they're noxious and that we ought to make their lives so unbearable they might even go to another jurisdiction."

Mr Atkinson said the government would work with the police to identify the items associated with hydroponic cannabis cultivation and illicit drug laboratories.

The law will prescribe equipment such as some types of carbon filters, strong lighting, manual or mechanical table presses and condensers.

The AGE

Lol, so he wants them to move to a different part of Australia. Smart anti-drug guy.

Does this mean my Cannabis Grow Bible is illegal?

yep if they find any cannabis books or seeds then your stuffed but alot of people grow orchids, roses , etc under hydro lights so you could say you just grow that only .. aslong as they didnt catch you growing pot then it would be hard for them to prove in court of law that you were up to no good and then the government/tax payer has to pay your legal bills ..

I cant see that law being worthy unless they actually found you had cannabis books or seeds or smoking implements only then they could say you may possibly be up to no good but in court of law and a good lawyer I can see alot of people getting off & your legal fees being payed by taxpayers.

A good excuse is I used to grow orchids/roses and to keep them flowering all year round I used lights..... simple...

stupid hillbilly idiot politicians in adelaide.... they been drinking too much moonshine...

Last edited:
I didn't think the seeds were illegal, just importing them was under Quarentine laws

If your caught with a few seeds say 10 or more then you can be looking at cultivation charges ...

things have changed with laws etc depending on what state your in and depending on what type of mood the cops are in at the time they show up.

my mate got charged etc just for having 15 seeds in a bag.

Surely he would have to admit to wanting to grow though. Seeds come in lowish quality marijuana deals all the time.