• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

nhl 07-08 season!

undead

Greenlighter
i know its a little early, but omfg its almost here, FINALLY! i know a few other bl'ers who are gettin ants in their pants over this day!

september 29th is almost here!

TRUE
the new lightning jerseys are tight as fuck too.

yuck, i hate most of the teams new jerseys. why would they thin kanyone would pay 260 bucks for what looks literally like a practice jersey? (in regards to the leafs... oilers/ phoenix... all look incredibly boring and plain)

even 'the hockey news' says the blue jackets should be competitors this season! which is true, they should have been prior to now, but with veteran voices like fedorov, foote, modin, and peca... this team should have plenty of leadership ON the ice as well as some respectable advice off the ice (hitchcock) no matter how overrated some feel he is.

the jackets have some DAAAAAAMN good young talent. with brule, nash, zherdev, fritsche, on the front lines and some solid blueliners with foote, tollefsen, klesla, and hainsey backing them up. not to mention the surprise brick wall of norenna in the net, with pascal leclaire to rotate game for game (which will most likely be the decided task based on performance last year). leclaire, though lacking statistically last season (while healthy) has some of the fastest legs that you'll see in the nhl. he's got some DAMN good potential and with a sufficient line up of defensemen, could be a thriving force. norrena... i think he's already shown that he's got the focus and skill needed in the nhl. the man is a bit of a late bloomer perhaps, but he's got what it takes to be a #1 netminder if he can be a tad bit more consistent... and its not even 100% his fault for his MINOR inconsistencies, its partially the defense to blame last season. he's the CBJ's first keeper with a +500 win percentage. the two (norenna and leclaire) could be a tandem to be fucked with this season!

im personally excited to see what will happen. as long as the frontline produces the way they should (and have been expected to) and the blueliners do what i know they can, the jackets could actually be a danger this season. i dont give two shits what ANYONE says... i believe they'll make the playoffs this year!

the world really just doesnt care about hockey, huh? :(

even the europeans on this site couldnt care less? the season opener is in london... the nhl is stretching to attract more fans!

the US couldnt be fucked for thought, but i know there are some canadians on BL... and i know that EVERY canadian likes hockey... unless of course... they're not cool. :)

I missed out on the first battle of alberta game! I had to work! I could have had seats to it the other day.. all well looks like I "MIGHT" be goin to the flames home opener in october against Philly. Speaking of the flames, im not impressed with 2 things.. the 4 straight losses so far this pre-season and Kippersoff wanting a 7 mill contract, therfore becoming the highest paid goalie in the league. I don't know about yous, but it kind of makes him look stubborn.

edit: and he's going to have to work a lot harder to be worth that. a lot harder.

ryanlaughlin-

If peca plays the way he's been playing for the most recent seasons.. he will be a huge contribution to the jackets.

Last edited:
leafs.. shite.

same old poor defensive team. got some goodoffensive defence... btu that tool kaberle sucks physically.

fucking nik antorpov is a wasteman.

TB whooped NJ ass last night
thats five years in a row weve won our first game

i was watching that game! im cheering on lecavalier as he's on my fantasy hockey team!

and the jackets started out proper tonight beating the ducks 4-0!!! what a GREAT start to the season. nash had a 4 point game with 2 goals and 2 assists!

Damn... the flames aren't holding it up are they.

But the leafs win tonight over the canadiens was absolutlely fuckin sweet!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! suck on that hamrlik.

Have seasons tickets for the Sens, Although im a true Blackhawk fan at heart and always will be.

ryanlaughlin said:
i was watching that game! im cheering on lecavalier as he's on my fantasy hockey team!
Smart pic. He'll get you some big points this year. (On our way to the cup of course) GO BOLTS!

^ yeah, i picked him up with the 7th overall pick too. not too shabby, eh? i managed to pick up ryan miller with my second pick. im actually really pleased with my team, i managed to pick up some real gems.

Holy fuck flames.. seriously what a rough start.

I have never had a fantasy draft thing guys.. how do ya do it? is there like cool online fantasy league i could join??

What In The Fucking Fuck Is Going On, Thrashers?!?!?!?!? :x :x

Currently watchin the ducks and red wings game. ducks just took the lead 4-3 in the 3rd 10 mins left. pretty good game.