Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Peer Education Officer in Canberra

Tronica

Executive Director
Staff member
I saw this posted in an email list for alcohol/drug workers.
If you live in Canberra and have some first hand drug experience, and want to help the harm reduction cause - you should look into this!

VACANT POSITION - CAHMA Peer Education Officer

Part Time- 22.5 hours per week
$48,000 per annum (fte)

This is a fixed term position until June 2008 with the potential to extend term/hours.

CAHMA- Canberra Alliance for harm Minimisation and Advocacy seeks a person committed to the principles of harm minimisation and promoting the health and human rights of illicit/injecting drug users. Position involves providing peer support, education and representation. People with personal or intimate experience of illicit drug use are encouraged to apply.

Selection criteria must be addressed.

For application package or more information contact Nicole on 6279 1600 (after 9.30 Mon 17th Sept)

Applications close 5.30pm Friday 28th September 2007.

Wouldn't having this job on your resume pretty much destroy your chances of ever getting another job afterwards?

It's like putting "Hobbies: Popping pills and sniffing lines." on your resume...

Not that I don't think it's a good cause or anything but you know, where can you go from there?

There are many areas you can move to, within the Health context - state/federal government, community agencies, the list goes on. I'm currently researching roles in QLD health, and there are plenty of well-paying jobs out there in this area. All of the areas are legitimate as well - and the roles are quite varied - coordination of health programs such as the needle & syringe program, health promotion at events, working on many projects in relation to legislative change.

If I lived in Canberra, i'd jump at this opportunity. :\