Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Question on base

Steve with an e

Greenlighter
Its been a while since i had last base, last time i was just putting a bit on a butter knife, licking it then washing down with juice or something.
Now i have my missus telling me the best way is mixing a point or 2 in a red-bull or similar and drinking?

Would the base not just sink to the bottom? Or would it make it inactive?

Best to wash ithe base down straight away (with any kind of liquid, red bull, juice, doesn't matter). It almost all gets washed down eventually, but maybe wrap the base in tally ho to make sure it all makes it to the stomach in one chunk, and also, without taste ;)
If you dissolve it a can of red bull it's going only a slightly weaker effect, since a small amount of base will stick to the bottom and sides of the can. Rinse the empty can with water and wash the water rinse down too.
Take your pick, bombing it in tally ho works best IMO.
Your best option of all is to wash the base down with some Ural (available from pharmacies, it is a urinary alkadiser. In laymans terms, the Ural will prolong the duration of the base's action.

Hope this helps

djsim said:
Your best option of all is to wash the base down with some Ural (available from pharmacies, it is a urinary alkadiser. In laymans terms, the Ural will prolong the duration of the base's action.

That's interesting! Would this be the case with MDMA or any other drugs? And with amphetamines, would this only work if they are ingested orally?

Learn how to filter and inject if you want anything off todays shitty base.

But yeah have a tablespoon of baking soda an hour or half hour before ingesting it
fill the bag up with water/cordial
drink

u can take it orally anyway, u may even wanna cap it to stop the sahitty taste of solvents left over.

Sorry, I'm a bit thick (or too high)...Ural...baking soda...bag (of base?)...I need an essay written when I read directions hehe

And if I were to change my mind and inject something - it DEFINITELY would not be base. I'd probably go with 0.5g of ice...like one of best friends used to do (before she got into hammer and ended up being one of the 'ladies' on William Street)

5 points of ice for your first IV experience without tolerance.. Way to pass out from a heart attack and posasibly cause yourself major physical damage, 5 days of insomnia, month of depression and probably vein damage.

There's some unsound harm reduction advice given in this thread.

Licking a butter knife is a really bad thing to do if you value your teeth and may even make you prone to mouth infections.

If you take base orally and wish to minimise the damage done, then dissolve it first in a glass of water. Anything that doesn't dissolve with a bit of stirring is not base anyway so why eat it? Left over solvent and/ or impurities from the synth are what comprise the insoluble parts. If dissolved properly, the amount that sticks to the glass is negligible. You can use warm water if you find it doesn't dissolve, but I don't recommend it as some of the undesirable impurities will become more soluble in hotter water.

Wrapping a piece in a cig paper may ensure all of it gets to the stomach, but it will also cause the speed to be concentrated in one place which can cause stomach upsets and ulcers long term. If there are carcinogens or nasty toxins present the effect could be worse long term.

In regards to tryfound's comment; if you've got pure or next to pure meth (ice) for Gods sake listen to Splatt's advice. If you're heart set on IVing it, I'd suggest no more than a 10th of the dose you mentioned.

Also be careful with Ural or any alkaliser. Alkalisers work by changing urinary pH which means some things normally excreted are retained for longer and vise vera. With a drug like meth that produces toxic metabolites, this increases plasma levels of both meth and most of it's metabolites. Yes it can extend the effects, but because less meth is eliminated unchanged, the level of toxic or possibly toxic metabolites is increased as much of the normally eliminated meth will continue to pass through the liver.

Don't think that because a bit is good, lots must be great. While the body can compensate for relatively large changes in acidity (lower pH), by comparison, buffers present in the blood cannot do the same with significant increases in alkalinity (higher pH). Ural should be avoided if you've been vomiting and/or are susceptible to hypernatraemia, have any history of cardiac failure or kidney disease (in which case you shouldn't be taking meth anyway), if you're taking quinolone antibiotics and hexamine mandelate or hexamine hippurate which can be prescribed for a number of conditions.

I recently read in the book meth: the highs and lows about a female cook who says the effects got better when you decreased the ph level of meth.
I don't understand how adding more acid (i think hcl) can make meth more enjoyable.

I can't believe that a moderator is encouraging someone to take up injecting.

Last edited:
I said if they wanted an effect off base today. Probably safer than eating or snorting it using microfilters and boiling water. I didn't takle iot up. It was more of a message of throw it away, base isnt what it used to be, its all wet impure smelly discolouired crap FULL of bad solvents.. theres not much u can do to take base safey, as P_d said, stomach ulcers/pains, snorting (even mixing with glucose) = nasal damage. IM= DO NOT DO THIS AT ALL WITH SPEED, ESPECIALLY BASE.!!!!, a clean IV is probably the cleaner and better of it all, thats if you want to feel something from the low dose.

If you're taking speed you're damaging your body however you do it. At least IV doesnt keep you up as long. Although I would never help someone get started or actually recommend to do it. Read it as "throw the garbage away" and find some dexxies or adderall, if you want to stay awake. Or at least find what appewars to be Ice, less chance of impurities that are harmful, more chance of it just being cuts, not impurities and solvents from a 6 hour base cook up in a kitchen or even worse phenylaline or phenephrine to meth/other crappy stimulant in the microwave! The media isant lying about how most base is made.. Its not good. The people are uisually addicts or alcxoholics themselves and they do not care about you at all.

as P_d said, stomach ulcers/pains, snorting....

I hope it didn't look like I was encouraging the practice. To be honest, I'd missed Splatt's earlier post. I'd argue against the advice that any first timer should inject. I certainly wouldn't want to give the impression I think it's without dangers.

Insufflating a mixture of meth and glucose is very irritating to mucous membranes, and can carry additional risks, but with meth, these related risks are normally low, and the practice only likely to cause temporary discomfort if use is not regular.

I remember when this bulletin board was about harm reduction.

I'd like to think on the whole it still is Flex.

I think IV meth is less harmful to your long term health than the more socially acceptable method of smoking it, it's just that smoking has less stigma attached to it than injecting. At times injecting can actually be a form of harm minimisation. I know I'd prefer to IV .2 of meth than smoke .5-1g of the stuff, my lungs are pretty shot from smoking bongs as it is.

I just wanted to make clear I wasn't telling him to inject it first time.
Thats a path to addiction for sure.

But, more saying street (aus made) speed/base/goey all just so shit these days, it hardly matters who you know because it sucks from the synth to begin with.

what is your base like, look, smell? does it smell like petrol, cats piss or some type of laundry product? if it smells = its not synthed right.

Steve with an e said:
Its been a while since i had last base, last time i was just putting a bit on a butter knife, licking it then washing down with juice or something.
Now i have my missus telling me the best way is mixing a point or 2 in a red-bull or similar and drinking?

Would the base not just sink to the bottom? Or would it make it inactive?

Can you define base please?

Base generally refers to the molecule without the HCl attached.

If you are getting base then you need to convert it before you use it...

Not refering to Meth as a freebase, when people are talking about base they are talking about impure meth that has a wet kind of texture to it.

Splatt said:
what is your base like, look, smell? does it smell like petrol, cats piss or some type of laundry product? if it smells = its not synthed right.

And what I find very sad is that alot of people think that the more smell= better quality.

I recently found out a guy I used to know now has cancer and im almost certain its from shooting/smoking too much base and ice as he's a pretty young guy. If you see the real hardcore baseheads you only have to take one look to see that it is a really disgusting concoction. Stick to ice if your going to do meth.

mind said:
I recently read in the book meth: the highs and lows about a female cook who says the effects got better when you decreased the ph level of meth.
I don't understand how adding more acid (i think hcl) can make meth more enjoyable.

First of all, never trust a cook. The majority of these people are about as knowledgable in chemistry as their dealers or any average user. Cooks are exactly what the name suggests... a person following a set recipe.

The comment made could be referring to one of the steps of the meth manufacture process. Perhaps the cook believes adding more acid increases the reaction yield. So these comments really have no bearing on personal use, so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

On a side note, some IV heroin users will use acid (vinegar) to the heroin IV-ready solution when they get basic/alkaline street heroin. Why they do this I don't know (I believe some users will mistakenly use lemon juice instead of vinegar which can cause a fungal infection to grow on the back of the retina causing blindness)

phase_dancer said:
There's some unsound harm reduction advice given in this thread.

Licking a butter knife is a really bad thing to do if you value your teeth and may even make you prone to mouth infections.

If you take base orally and wish to minimise the damage done, then dissolve it first in a glass of water. Anything that doesn't dissolve with a bit of stirring is not base anyway so why eat it? Left over solvent and/ or impurities from the synth are what comprise the insoluble parts. If dissolved properly, the amount that sticks to the glass is negligible. You can use warm water if you find it doesn't dissolve, but I don't recommend it as some of the undesirable impurities will become more soluble in hotter water.

Wrapping a piece in a cig paper may ensure all of it gets to the stomach, but it will also cause the speed to be concentrated in one place which can cause stomach upsets and ulcers long term. If there are carcinogens or nasty toxins present the effect could be worse long term.

In regards to tryfound's comment; if you've got pure or next to pure meth (ice) for Gods sake listen to Splatt's advice. If you're heart set on IVing it, I'd suggest no more than a 10th of the dose you mentioned.

Also be careful with Ural or any alkaliser. Alkalisers work by changing urinary pH which means some things normally excreted are retained for longer and vise vera. With a drug like meth that produces toxic metabolites, this increases plasma levels of both meth and most of it's metabolites. Yes it can extend the effects, but because less meth is eliminated unchanged, the level of toxic or possibly toxic metabolites is increased as much of the normally eliminated meth will continue to pass through the liver.

Don't think that because a bit is good, lots must be great. While the body can compensate for relatively large changes in acidity (lower pH), by comparison, buffers present in the blood cannot do the same with significant increases in alkalinity (higher pH). Ural should be avoided if you've been vomiting and/or are susceptible to hypernatraemia, have any history of cardiac failure or kidney disease (in which case you shouldn't be taking meth anyway), if you're taking quinolone antibiotics and hexamine mandelate or hexamine hippurate which can be prescribed for a number of conditions.

Nice post. All news to me.

Chubba75 said:
Sif that is even possible.

I injected all kinds of gear over the years, before the smoking epidemic most ice used to be close to 100%, big clear shards that were imported.

I remember once I injected 1.2 points of ice and went temporarily blind, instantly started power-vomitting and my heart nearly bursted out of my chest.

Where you get the idea that somebody can inject 500mg of pure methamphetamine without dying is beyond me.

Didn't you inadvertently answer your own question with your second line there? Where do you think I'm going to get my hands on half a gram of pure meth? There was only ever one person I knew who got stuff so great, one big puff would keep me off my rocket for over 12 hours. Nothing else I've tried was even close to half as good :(

And whilst my friend actually DID do this on a weekly basis, it was probably likely more than half the product was adulterated. But she had been using 'P' on and off for over 10 years since working as an prostitute on K Rd in NZ, her brother was a cook and she tested his batches. Anyway, its ridiculous because I made clear in the post that I do not want to inject. I was being facetious.

In response to the OP, my friends and I just mix it in cordial or a Powerade and drink it in the car/on the bus before clubbing. Or more likely have it combined with 3 or 4 other enhancements and mank out at home.

Last edited:
for god sake - why is base still out there...

In melbourne it's rarely seen or heard of. It looks and smells like recycled dog poo. Go buy some meth powder where u get and option of routes to take it. If you wanna ingest some amphetamine ask one of your mates with ADHD for 40mg or so of his pills and split them with your partner.. im sure you will get a more enjoyable high.