View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mmmmm.... I ate San Pedro Cactus.

Klea

Bluelighter
So: this San Pedro plan has been taking shape over the past few months and I finally did it last weekend. I had about 30 inches of cactus, did the freeze and peal meathod and then blended up the green slime with some milk, icecream and frozen oj. It didn't taste too shitty, gross and gaggy but not the actual taste wasn't bad. It took two hours to swallow two large glasses of the juice. I'm not usually a pussy about these sorts of things but the faster you swallow, the faster your gag reflex works. It sucks. I felt sort of wierd, saw a few things wave from the corner of my eye but never got the full mescaline effect. The over all experience was not negative. I'm more fascinated with the cacti's natural powers. I will try again... but first I have to find the perfect plant since the one I selected had low potency. Anyone have advice on choosing the San Pedro?

LOL, yet this is the first reply. Wonder if the dude/girl ended up having a nice experience.

What a waste of 30 inches of cactus, which should have been a decent dose. I once tried to blend dried cactus flesh powder with ice cream so reading this made me puke in my mouth a little bit

Cactus snot and ice cream yummy! I never found adding anything made it taste better it was just like putting ketchup on a turd.

I still wish someone would answer the OPs question. I've been wanting to try microdosing San Pedro. I have a method for turning the fresh cactus into powder. I know you can order the cactus on Etsy and elsewhere, the question is what to look for to get good potency.

What a waste of 30 inches of cactus, which should have been a decent dose. I once tried to blend dried cactus flesh powder with ice cream so reading this made me puke in my mouth a little bit
I am wondering why they did not trip?

I'm not usually a pussy about these sorts of things but the faster you swallow, the faster your gag reflex works. It sucks.
Yeah that's true, swallowing San Pedro is a real mental game, you have to take a lot of time and focus to get it down. Funny how norms have changed, that phrase "I'm not usually a pussy..." sounds a lot trashier than it did at the time.

The bought San Pedro's I used to have grew very quick.

They root easily too if i am correct. So if you have the right circumstance's grow em. An endless supply.

I am wondering why they did not trip?

My guess would be digestive issues. I've had multiple trips not happen, or happen extremely delayed, because my digestive processes weren't running (not sure how to phrase this).

For instance, I took weed edibles once, felt nothing for an hour and a half, and then had the effects hit me instantly once my stomach started gurgling at the sight and smell of fresh doughnuts.

Another time, a friend and I took 4-AcO-DMT in gel caps (our first time on 4-AcO, if I remember correctly) and sat at the river for 5 hours contemplating and tripping. Or so I thought. Turns out, my buddy never felt anything while I was tripping, and after we drove back into town and got food, he came up within 15 minutes of eating - because his digestion got going.

I've personally (and have heard from others) had multiple trips just not happen, when dosed in gel caps. Both the times I remember most clearly, I am absolutely 10000% grateful to god that I didn't trip. I was new to psychedelics still, and both times would have been utter disasters if I had actually tripped.

Finally, I had 30g of powdered San Pedro do mostly nothing for me a year or so ago, and I'm pretty sure it was also digestion, considering I mixed the powder into water, drank it, and then only had some nuts to nibble on afterwards, and didn't really eat until 8hrs or so later.

I've had even more experiences like this than what I've named here, and am 100% sure this is a real and significant factor in oral drug use.

My guess would be digestive issues. I've had multiple trips not happen, or happen extremely delayed, because my digestive processes weren't running (not sure how to phrase this).

For instance, I took weed edibles once, felt nothing for an hour and a half, and then had the effects hit me instantly once my stomach started gurgling at the sight and smell of fresh doughnuts.

Another time, a friend and I took 4-AcO-DMT in gel caps (our first time on 4-AcO, if I remember correctly) and sat at the river for 5 hours contemplating and tripping. Or so I thought. Turns out, my buddy never felt anything while I was tripping, and after we drove back into town and got food, he came up within 15 minutes of eating - because his digestion got going.

I've personally (and have heard from others) had multiple trips just not happen, when dosed in gel caps. Both the times I remember most clearly, I am absolutely 10000% grateful to god that I didn't trip. I was new to psychedelics still, and both times would have been utter disasters if I had actually tripped.

Finally, I had 30g of powdered San Pedro do mostly nothing for me a year or so ago, and I'm pretty sure it was also digestion, considering I mixed the powder into water, drank it, and then only had some nuts to nibble on afterwards, and didn't really eat until 8hrs or so later.

I've had even more experiences like this than what I've named here, and am 100% sure this is a real and significant factor in oral drug use.
im sorry but that doesnt make sense...

im sorry but that doesnt make sense...

Oh, really? Because it makes a pretty good amount of sense, over here.

If you're saying you don't think it's true because that's not how digestion works, I'm listening, and would love for some knowledge as to why I'm wrong.

If you're saying it just doesn't seem true to you, well, that I don't understand. It makes all kinds of sense in my head, and again, I have a ton of anecdotal evidence (from about five people, including me) for it being true.

I've definitely had similar experiences with digestion, especially with edibles. I've eaten cannabis infused coconut oil on an empty stomach and it's taken a while to come on, it's been much quicker when I've mixed the oil into a meal and eaten it together. I've also found that if I'm full it can have a very slow or even no effect, so I think there is a digestion sweet spot between having an empty stomach and having a full one.

I've definitely had similar experiences with digestion, especially with edibles. I've eaten cannabis infused coconut oil on an empty stomach and it's taken a while to come on, it's been much quicker when I've mixed the oil into a meal and eaten it together. I've also found that if I'm full it can have a very slow or even no effect, so I think there is a digestion sweet spot between having an empty stomach and having a full one.

Ah, yes, thanks for mentioning that. There is definitely a sweet spot. Not enough in your stomach, or simply not having digestion going, and nothing will happen. Too much, and it will seemingly be absorbed by the food and never kick in.

Both the gel caps psychedelic experiences I mentioned were actually due to full stomachs, which I'd totally forgotten. I knew it was digestion related...

Gelcaps or not shouldn't matter though

They totally do! Lots of people on BL have talked about gel caps affecting absorption. Studies have even been done on gel cap dissolution in the stomach, and sometimes they can take a loooong time to dissolve.

Weird, my capsules start dissolving with the slightest drop of liquid
I think it might depend on the liquid, I fill my capsules with coconut oil while it is still hot and liquid then put them in the fridge to solidify which takes half an hour or so and they have never dissolved. If they get even a bit wet from water they dissolve though. I had CBD oil capsules once that said they were in gastric acid resistant capsules, maybe some capsules are designed not to dissolve in your stomach straight away and this explains some peoples experiences.

My one good mescaline trip was from 100g of the dried green flesh split between two people and consumed with orange juice. I vomited during the come up, my friend kept it down and he had explosive diarrhea for like 12 hours.

We both tripped hard. I don't know how much mescaline this was but it was enough. I remember my whole visual field was full of purple visuals. I've tried replicating this to no effect. The last time I bought dried green flesh I ate it and there was zero activity. Not even nausea much less visuals.