PDA

View Full Version : [Combo Thread] LSD & Mushrooms

Pages : [1] 2

dj_buzz
30-10-2001, 02:40
Welcome to the LSD & Mushrooms combo thread

[Go to Big & Dandy LSD Thread] (http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=371883)

[Go to Big & Dandy Mushrooms Thread] (http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=58587)

[original post:]

anyone ever try both mushrooms and acid both at the same time I thought about this whilst stoned the other day and I thought god that would be one hell of an expierience . I also want to know if anyone has ever combined mushrooms and ecstacy ( aka hippy flippin' ) Give me some word peoples and thanks ahead of time !~! Remember , peace not War !! Hippy POWER !!!!
------------------
United we stand ! Rave on ! Peace out 4 Now *^Dj_Buzz^*

Aftermath
31-10-2001, 08:01
acid and mush eh? you gotta be one crazy mofo to do that shit...i would say do it inside of your own house because i dont want to be in any public place when it looks like im dieing or haveing a heart attack and speaking in tounges.
Hippyflipping is the bomb! Try it you wont be disapointed! the shit U see and the shit U say is unreal

not_eatadick
31-10-2001, 08:16
yeah, i dropped a bunch of acid at a String Cheese show this summer....when i got into the amphitheatre, i found out that my friend had smuggled in a big bag of mushrooms, so we munched on those throughout the evening....you really can't distinguish between the two substances, since by themselves they are so similiar anyway.......i would definately recommend shrooms and ecstasy over acid and ecstacy though.....kandy flippin' can get QUITE ugly, while hippy flippin is just giggly and fun.....
------------------
hey guys, do you not like eating dicks like i do??

SupaspeeD
31-10-2001, 13:47
Done it a few times. Took 2 blotter, 2 cups of strong-ish mushie tea.. went to a nature reserve and watched my imagination for a good 6 hours.
If you can handle psychadelics, definately worth a try.
------------------
"I'm a maniac, maniac that's for sure... and i'm dancing like i've never danced before!!!" - Groundskeeper Willy

Tone_09898
31-10-2001, 18:41
yea i have done mussies and acid at the same time...everything took on a crystal look... there was light coming off EVERYTHING.... it made my vision that is normanly very wobbly on acid, clear and steady...
i LOVED it...
but as some of the others said... be careful... do too much of that shit...and you may be put away!...
somewhere safe, somewhere cool.
Tone

dj_buzz
31-10-2001, 21:03
yeah i was thinking for a good dose for me ... who has a good handle on stuff , but don't do a ton at a time ( most acid ever took was 4 hits at once ) but I've done it a lto and just never needed to take a lot of any drug really ... but a good dose I was thinking for me was ... 1/8 shroomies ..... 1 hit of acid ..... and seeing what takes place .... I would definitlly do it at home because shrooms alone and acid alone give me the want to be home alot around chill individuals ya know ... and combined would be a frenzy .. anyways .... peace
------------------

Jimmy the Gun
31-10-2001, 21:46
I have done this a couple of times but have always called it a hippy flip (mushrooms and acid). Although I have never taken the two at the same time, I can always tell the difference between the two drugs. Before attempting this, definately know that you can handle tripping OUT. BTW I have always called mushrooms and E flowerflipping and acid and E candy flipping.
peace

dj_buzz
01-11-2001, 02:45
yeah thanks for the info i perticularlly like the term flower tripping .... love it ... that is about how I percieved it and those words seem like thats what it'de be like I think I'm gonna try it ya'll thanks again for all your help... peace out !
------------------

solistus
25-12-2006, 06:39
Has anyone had any success mixing the two? I've never had both around at the same time, so I haven't had the chance to try. A few questions I thought of:

-Would peaking on both simultaneously lead to a more intense peak with elements of both substances, or would one mask the other?

-If you took one on the comedown of another, could you 'extend' your trip / start a new trip, or is there cross-tolerance?

-How would either of those scenarios interact with flipping (mixing with MDMA)?

elfdancer
25-12-2006, 07:04
They work together. To cross peaks, take the acid ahead of time by about 45 minutes. I've boosted a batch of shrooms known to be on the weak side by taking a hit of acid beforehand.

I personally found the shrooms dominated the ride in this fashion, but LSD-style visuals still occurred (tracer-ing, etc). The mind-expanding stuff was primarily shroom-like in action.

You may not want to take a full dose of both.

At a festival this summer, some friends and I took acid in the afternoon; At around 9 hrs later, I re-upped with MDMA. The friends did so with Shrooms. They worked, though it required more shrooms than if starting "cold," and the duration of action was shorter. (Only about three hours)

themindlessone
25-12-2006, 17:53
It Sucks

skahead17
25-12-2006, 18:02
i would like to try this

glenn420
25-12-2006, 21:44
UTFSE! Have you tried using the search feature?
Shrooms + LSD is also known as hippie flipping and has been covered many times in the forums.

Carsick
25-12-2006, 21:50
Shrooms + LSD is also known as hippie flipping and has been covered many times in the forums.
I'm fairly sure you're wrong.
To my understanding, HippyFlipping is psylocybin and MDMA; LSD is not involved.

SmC
25-12-2006, 22:02
^ Yeah you're correct.

psilocybonaut
26-12-2006, 01:32
I have experienced this combo one time, in somewhat low doses (2.5g cubensis and 2 hits of LSD), and I was thoroughly disappointed. It seemed like the two drugs were fighting for control of my CNS.

willow11
26-12-2006, 01:39

Hey psycho, hippie flipping is MDMA and mushrooms. Calm thyself!

Niandra LaDes
26-12-2006, 03:35
yeah, seriously.

ive taken those two together 3 or 2 times now. i recomend shrooms for the comedown/2nd half of trip.

Ultrapsyber
26-12-2006, 08:44
I'd prefer to have them at different times rather than together... I've taken them together... been pretty farkin high at the time so all I know is I was tripping... and felt pretty fantastic... it's hard to remember now which of the two drugs was prevalent during the experience...

Personally I'd candyflip... eg: take the acid first, then the E about 40 mins later... save the shrooms for dawn... before the sun comes up... when the sky just begins to get lighter... there are SO many colours taking place at that time of morning (if you're outdoors)... the sky changes colour, the clouds change colour... the colour of the trees etc against the changing sky changes colour... everything is bursting with energy and colour and everything around you seems to go "zzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!" *buzzing sound* I did this at a festival last month, sharin the shrooms with the friends I was with... couldn't wipe the smiles off our faces =D

Helios.
26-12-2006, 08:55
Said to me to be antisynergistic [personal communication].

dorjezigzag
27-12-2006, 21:03
Why would you do this? I would try to keep it organic as possible and if there are no shrooms, then do the trip. Chemicals hang around for a long time and generaly have some side effects. This may sound like hippy speak but it is the truth

Church
27-12-2006, 21:17
^ What do you mean by "organic as possible?" LSD and the alkaloids in psilocybe mushrooms are all organic. I think you might have meant something else?

Vintage Audiocide
27-12-2006, 21:58
I have done this many times by now, and I like to experience it in waves.

My self-adjusted timetable of dosing for this is to first ingest one medium-intensity LSD dose. Then I will consume a strong dose of cubensis mushrooms at a certain point between the +1:45 and +2:45 mark.

The way I meter it out is by how I feel. After an hour and forty-five minutes, if I still feel heavy effects of the LSD, I slowly chew up my intended dose of cubensis. By slowly, I mean I take the full hour to consume it. This is a party-only dose schedule, as your trip will last for what seems like eons.

However, if the LSD trip is significantly less than expected (or if I feel I can handle it) I will consume all of my intended dose (usually about 5-7g) right on the 1:45 mark.

Doing it the slow way, you get an LSD peak followed my the slow shift of balance between the LSD's lapping effects and the cubensis's swelling murmur in the back of your head. The cubensis will pretty much ring out the entire time the LSD experience fades out.

If you do consume all of your fungus early, you should already feel pretty good. For the next hour the LSD's oceanlike lapping at your CNS will fade away to a tidal wave of psilocybin, usually ending up in a very "exposed" and open trip. Think about what it feels like to pry open your third eye.

Sort of the whole "looking up at your ceiling in fear, because it's so great" experience.

I've had too many.

--mic

ladyinthesky
02-09-2007, 19:20
This coming up weekend me and Swerz are planning on eating about 2 grams of shrooms and a hit or 2 of acid.....

my question is should i eat the shrooms first or the acid first? and what is the best thing to do for the come down? if i eat one or the other first, when is a good time to eat the other....like if i ate the acid first when should i eat the shrooms?

feel free to tell me a little about your experiences, ive read a few on erowid already....im a little bit nervous about doing this, so any advice or input would help....

Don Luigi
02-09-2007, 19:25
Maybe you should try to time it so that they peak at the same time, or maybe that after the shroom peak is over the acid peak starts. I have no experience in the combo, just an idea.

ladyinthesky
02-09-2007, 19:27
that is a good idea, you dont think it would be a little intense to peak at the same time?

itsALLfake
02-09-2007, 19:47
I honestly feel like they cancel eachother out...If I were to be involved at the same time with them I would go with the mush first...or way later on in the acid experience to fix up any headaches I might of given myself:)

sqyttles
02-09-2007, 19:53
Yo here's what you gotta do:

Eat the 2 hits of LSD first. Then eat the mushrooms about an hour or two afterwards.

The trip won't be too intense to enjoy. It will be super awesome. I don't think you'll have to worry about the comedown at all.

sony123
02-09-2007, 20:28
i did this 3 days go. i ate one week hit and then ate about 4-5 grams of good shrooms, it was very intense. it was the most fucked up i have ever been. but it was very fun

PsyGhost
02-09-2007, 20:53
honesty im never at the position that i have so many psychedelics at hand that i would use two powerful ones at the same time.

Gaian Planes
02-09-2007, 22:05
Isn't psilocin an antagonist to LSD (or the other way around).

Chuck Norris
02-09-2007, 22:07
I've done it once. I ate one hit of good blotter, and about 30-45 minute later ate my first eighth of shrooms. About 45 minute after that i ate another eigth. If I had had more acid i would have taken 2-3 hits and only the first eigth.

Recept
03-09-2007, 00:50
Isn't psilocin an antagonist to LSD (or the other way around).
How do you mean "an antagonist"?

I've been wanting to try this combo for a long time now. I would imagine it a very nice synergy, mainly because LSD seems to synergize beautifully with most (if not all) tryptamines and phenethylamines. Could it be because the LSD molecule contains both the IEA and PEA backbone in it's structure?

There's just something very magical about LSD that's very difficult to put your finger on, but to me it does feel that it has both the tryptamine and PEA "feel" to it.

Gaian Planes
03-09-2007, 01:06
Well, LSD is an ergoline. A different class of chemicals from tryptamines and phenylethylamines. Although it does share structural and functional similarities to both.

I vaguely recall that coadministration of one after the other caused some of the first to be displaced from the receptor site. I very well could be wrong, though. I'll try to look up wherever I heard that.

Recept
03-09-2007, 01:11
^ Thanks, I'd appreciate it. I've heard nothing but good words about this combination. If there were any pharmacological complications, I would certainly like to know about it.

I am shpongled
03-09-2007, 01:14
I'd save the acid for later

Recept
03-09-2007, 01:17
^ Hmm, personally I'd rather do the other way around (or aim towards simultaneous peak) in order to try and avoid the acid comedown, which usually feels kinda harsh to me. Coming down from mushrooms is always a beautiful and magical experience, OTOH.

5-HT2
03-09-2007, 03:07
I vaguely recall that coadministration of one after the other caused some of the first to be displaced from the receptor site. I very well could be wrong, though. I'll try to look up wherever I heard that.

You are correct. This is a fundamental pharmacological principle: two drugs that act at the same receptor site will displace each other when coadministered, with the higher-affinity substance winning out if the dosages are comparable.

I'd either take the two drugs at the same time, or the acid first, but wait no more than an hour or two between, because of rapid buildup of tolerance.

Recept
03-09-2007, 04:24
^ How do you explain the synergy between lots of serotonergic psychedelics then though? Wouldn't one drug (the one with higher affinity) completely take over all the effects related to that receptor site (5HT2A in this case) instead of potentiating each other's effects?

Also, which one has higher affinity for 5HT2A receptor sites? I would assume LSD, correct?

squerll
03-09-2007, 04:30
Every time I ever ate LSD and Shrooms it melted my world hardcore!
Be prepared for a big ride if it effects you anything like it does me.

Gaian Planes
03-09-2007, 04:37
LSD has a higher affinity for HT2a than psilocin. LSD actually has affinity with 8 different serotonin receptor subtypes. It also has affinity for dopamine 1 and 2 subtypes as well as a couple other receptor types (forget which).

I presume (maybe incorrectly, HT2 correct me if I'm wrong?) that some of the psilocin would remain at the HT2a (and 2c) sites. Both chemicals also affect a slightly different profile of receptors, probably in slightly different areas of the brain (although this type of data is just now coming in for drugs like LSD).

Synergism can also occur when one chemical is a monoamine releaser or reuptake inhibitor or if one chemical has MAOI properties or other antagonist properties.

Recept
03-09-2007, 04:44
Yes I realize that, but I'm referring to the potentiation of the psychedelic effects which are exclusively associated with 5HT2a receptor subtype.

I was also thinking about [the drugs] affecting receptors in different areas of the brain, perhaps that has something to do with it.

Thrill Seeker1
14-09-2007, 06:48
Ive done cid and shrooms together once and it was a mind blowing experience. I was at a concert too watching the sickest light show! Good times (and good music!)

Omish4lyfe
08-04-2009, 04:51
Alright i've been told a few storys of people doing acid and shrooms i did this once kinda acid one day and shrooms next day was crazy acid was still kinda in effect but just coming down when u see patterns but they don't move. I've also am a big fan of candyflipping which i always take the acid 2-3 hours before the E if i can, So i was wondering if taking acid then waiting 2-3hours when you just start feeling it OR before you feel it about 1 hour after OR after acid peak 3-4hours??

The Winner!!
08-04-2009, 06:05
If it were me, I would take the acid, then the mushrooms after the peak.

Ismene
08-04-2009, 11:06
I wouldn't think you'd feel anything from the mushrooms. The acid would block all the same receptors the mushrooms use.

szuko000
08-04-2009, 20:40
I've done it. I didnt notice a huge difference. I did my regular dose of both 1/8 of shrooms and 4 hits of acid. Tripped like i would off of 4 hits but it did have a slight twist. I never have energy on shrooms and like to relax that quality came through. I wouldnt call it a waste since its a different trip, but its not like 1+1=2.

killo
08-04-2009, 20:44
I heard it's a safe combo, they combine well but most people say LSD overpowers mushrooms.

I wouldn't take a godly amount of mushrooms....who knows if you take 5-6 grams of decent shrooms you might be in for quite a ride during a peak of LSD lol.

7zark7
08-04-2009, 20:45
I wouldn't think you'd feel anything from the mushrooms. The acid would block all the same receptors the mushrooms use.

I am not sure about the science of it, but I would agree with this. No point in doing them at the same time, IMO. Just save one or the other for another time. :)

PredatorVision
08-11-2009, 10:53
I have quite a big night planned for next week, It envolves going to some kind of dubstep night and i bought some shrooms the other night (two wraps) I had the first one that night and they took two hours to kick in and once they did I had a really good time everything seemed hilarious and then eventually I had some mild effects similar to acid, things changing colour and moving etc which I always enjoy. Im not sure what strain it was though I bought them directly from the guy who picked them and i've tested the water so I know they're good.

i've also bought about twelve tabs of acid which I've tried before and isn't amazingly strong, I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to to have the second wrap of these shrooms and maybe two or three tabs of this mild acid aswell? keeping in mind that I will be going out, I've never combined the two before though I guess i'd say I have quite a good mental tolorence for these drug sas I've been in some pretty odd situations out and about while on acid and never had a bad trip. Though I've never gone into great excess when not in a nice comfortable room in a house, so i guess it could still happen.