• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Thread] LSD & Mushrooms

Why would you do this? I would try to keep it organic as possible and if there are no shrooms, then do the trip. Chemicals hang around for a long time and generaly have some side effects. This may sound like hippy speak but it is the truth

^ What do you mean by "organic as possible?" LSD and the alkaloids in psilocybe mushrooms are all organic. I think you might have meant something else?

I have done this many times by now, and I like to experience it in waves.

My self-adjusted timetable of dosing for this is to first ingest one medium-intensity LSD dose. Then I will consume a strong dose of cubensis mushrooms at a certain point between the +1:45 and +2:45 mark.

The way I meter it out is by how I feel. After an hour and forty-five minutes, if I still feel heavy effects of the LSD, I slowly chew up my intended dose of cubensis. By slowly, I mean I take the full hour to consume it. This is a party-only dose schedule, as your trip will last for what seems like eons.

However, if the LSD trip is significantly less than expected (or if I feel I can handle it) I will consume all of my intended dose (usually about 5-7g) right on the 1:45 mark.

Doing it the slow way, you get an LSD peak followed my the slow shift of balance between the LSD's lapping effects and the cubensis's swelling murmur in the back of your head. The cubensis will pretty much ring out the entire time the LSD experience fades out.

If you do consume all of your fungus early, you should already feel pretty good. For the next hour the LSD's oceanlike lapping at your CNS will fade away to a tidal wave of psilocybin, usually ending up in a very "exposed" and open trip. Think about what it feels like to pry open your third eye.

Sort of the whole "looking up at your ceiling in fear, because it's so great" experience.

I've had too many.

--mic

This coming up weekend me and Swerz are planning on eating about 2 grams of shrooms and a hit or 2 of acid.....

my question is should i eat the shrooms first or the acid first? and what is the best thing to do for the come down? if i eat one or the other first, when is a good time to eat the other....like if i ate the acid first when should i eat the shrooms?

feel free to tell me a little about your experiences, ive read a few on erowid already....im a little bit nervous about doing this, so any advice or input would help....

Maybe you should try to time it so that they peak at the same time, or maybe that after the shroom peak is over the acid peak starts. I have no experience in the combo, just an idea.

that is a good idea, you dont think it would be a little intense to peak at the same time?

I honestly feel like they cancel eachother out...If I were to be involved at the same time with them I would go with the mush first...or way later on in the acid experience to fix up any headaches I might of given myself:)

Yo here's what you gotta do:

Eat the 2 hits of LSD first. Then eat the mushrooms about an hour or two afterwards.

The trip won't be too intense to enjoy. It will be super awesome. I don't think you'll have to worry about the comedown at all.

i did this 3 days go. i ate one week hit and then ate about 4-5 grams of good shrooms, it was very intense. it was the most fucked up i have ever been. but it was very fun

honesty im never at the position that i have so many psychedelics at hand that i would use two powerful ones at the same time.

I've done it once. I ate one hit of good blotter, and about 30-45 minute later ate my first eighth of shrooms. About 45 minute after that i ate another eigth. If I had had more acid i would have taken 2-3 hits and only the first eigth.

samadhi_smiles said:
Isn't psilocin an antagonist to LSD (or the other way around).
How do you mean "an antagonist"?

I've been wanting to try this combo for a long time now. I would imagine it a very nice synergy, mainly because LSD seems to synergize beautifully with most (if not all) tryptamines and phenethylamines. Could it be because the LSD molecule contains both the IEA and PEA backbone in it's structure?

There's just something very magical about LSD that's very difficult to put your finger on, but to me it does feel that it has both the tryptamine and PEA "feel" to it.

Well, LSD is an ergoline. A different class of chemicals from tryptamines and phenylethylamines. Although it does share structural and functional similarities to both.

I vaguely recall that coadministration of one after the other caused some of the first to be displaced from the receptor site. I very well could be wrong, though. I'll try to look up wherever I heard that.

^ Thanks, I'd appreciate it. I've heard nothing but good words about this combination. If there were any pharmacological complications, I would certainly like to know about it.

^ Hmm, personally I'd rather do the other way around (or aim towards simultaneous peak) in order to try and avoid the acid comedown, which usually feels kinda harsh to me. Coming down from mushrooms is always a beautiful and magical experience, OTOH.

samadhi_smiles said:
I vaguely recall that coadministration of one after the other caused some of the first to be displaced from the receptor site. I very well could be wrong, though. I'll try to look up wherever I heard that.

You are correct. This is a fundamental pharmacological principle: two drugs that act at the same receptor site will displace each other when coadministered, with the higher-affinity substance winning out if the dosages are comparable.

I'd either take the two drugs at the same time, or the acid first, but wait no more than an hour or two between, because of rapid buildup of tolerance.

^ How do you explain the synergy between lots of serotonergic psychedelics then though? Wouldn't one drug (the one with higher affinity) completely take over all the effects related to that receptor site (5HT2A in this case) instead of potentiating each other's effects?

Also, which one has higher affinity for 5HT2A receptor sites? I would assume LSD, correct?

Every time I ever ate LSD and Shrooms it melted my world hardcore!
Be prepared for a big ride if it effects you anything like it does me.