Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Heroin-addict elephant to return to wild

erosion

Bluelight Crew
Heroin-addict elephant to return to wild
Scotsman
August 31, 2007

A ONCE drug-addled elephant fed heroin-laced bananas by illegal traders is to return to the wild after being weaned off his addiction.

Big Brother, who lived peacefully with his herd in China's Yunnan province, was caught by traders in 2005.

"To control him so he could lead the herd to where they wanted, the traders kept feeding him bananas laced with drugs," China Daily newspaper said.

The traders were caught trying to sell Big Brother and his herd after a tip-off to police.

By that time Big Brother had developed a raging heroin addiction and posed a danger to people if denied his fix, the paper said.

A drooling Big Brother was taken to a park on the island of Hainan for treatment, after cold turkey was so unbearable even his chain could not hold him.

Park authorities spent a year treating him with methadone, regular bathing and massage.

Link

I read this earlier and lol'd.

Where can I find these heroin laced bananas? :D

The sick fucks that fed this poor animal herion need to be taught a lesson. I suggest forcing them to consume a large amount of Datura... that would be justice:X

They obviously don't know anything about dope's bioavailability. Pfft... Heroin po blows.

Madhatter4 said:
The sick fucks that fed this poor animal herion need to be taught a lesson. I suggest forcing them to consume a large amount of Datura... that would be justice:X

Dude fuck that. The elephant loved it, you know it.

The smugglers are lucky it never nodded out on them.

Wow, never would have imagined to see a story such as this haha. Its horrible what happened though. Im sure they got a pretty hefty punishment.

I wonder though whether the elephants life will ever be the same. Having experienced such a drug would the elphant behave the same, or would it always remember its use and behave in a similar fashion to humans. I guess at least it cant relapse.

phrozen said:
They obviously don't know anything about dope's bioavailability. Pfft... Heroin po blows.
Exactly, and seeing that it is an ELEPHANT, the bannanas THEMSELVES would have been made ENTIRELY of heroin to have any effect on the animal.

I call BS on this article.

I was like man at least they gave him heroin to detox him... then I read at the end they gave him freakin methadone.. whjat bullshit they won't even give an elephant real heroin to detox.. what makes methadone spoo much better than H??

GlassAss420 said:
I was like man at least they gave him heroin to detox him... then I read at the end they gave him freakin methadone.. whjat bullshit they won't even give an elephant real heroin to detox.. what makes methadone spoo much better than H??

It's legaller

there was no point in feeding him heroin. heroin gets metabolized to morphine in the liver before even reaching the brain if you consume it orally. they may as well have fed him morphine and not bothered wasting what has to be "mammoth" amounts of acetic anhydride lol

Jamshyd said:
Exactly, and seeing that it is an ELEPHANT, the bannanas THEMSELVES would have been made ENTIRELY of heroin to have any effect on the animal.

Usually, as the size of an animal increases, the amount of drug per kilogram of body weight required to have a psychoactive effect decreases because the animal's metabolism is slower. Therefore, this might still be plausible. You can probably inject a helluva lot of heroin into a banana. Nonetheless, you raise a good point.

That was awful nice of the Chinese zookeepers to ween him off tho
If an elephant can do it, then why can't you? Now you have NO excuses!

animal crueltey in any form is not cool but i wonder if there was a big pile of h if the elephant would snort it.

i have to admit watching an elaphant snort heroin with a trunk would be pretty rad

Most disturbing part of the story is that Elephant's name was "Big Brother" lol :D