Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Moving to Qatar! Opium? H? =)

chemical slave

Bluelighter
Hey bluelighters! let me tell ya, i´m going to Qatar, for work reasons.
I´d be in Doha, Qatar´s Capital City

If some of you don´t know Qatar is in the Persian Gulf, it has a borderline with saudi Arabia, but they r more liberal than the saudis.
ANYONE been there or have some advice for me?

it´d be really cool to find opium and H, as you can tell Qatar is pretty near from afghanistan and south asia countries like thailand and cambodia.

as i told you, i´m going to stay in Doha, capital city of Qatar, i´ll be working there

i´m kinda excited PLEASE let me know anything you know or may know about this country

hope to get some responses

cheers!! salutes from south america!!

IM NOT ASKING FOR SOURCES SONIC, maybe i put my self misunderstood because of my poor english writing skills, sorry dude

since i´m not a bluelighter yet i cannot send a PM to rachamim

could you give me a helping hand here?? maybe you can put this thread in other forum
sorry for my english writing skills

hope to get some info on this subjet coz im very very interested :)

just experiences or some kinda of knowdelge about the country/region

Sorry to bust your bubble, but forget it.

What is your nationality? In any case I doubt you are Arab or can speak native-level Arabic, which means that the extremely difficult process of getting through the cultural barriers to drugs has just gotten impossible.

Despite all the fairytales about Sultans overindulging in opium and hashish with their harim, the Arab world is very, VERY narcophobic.

How exactly do you intend to go about looking for these drugs? There is no such thing as street copping in the Arab world (except maybe in "red light" type zones in Egypt, Morocco, and Lebanon). If you're a foreigner, the police there would be more than happy to throw you in Jail and tell your arab inmates to rape you!*, simply on the grounds that you were looking for drugs.

Unless you already have a connection, as I said, forget it. Drugs are such a faux-pas there that even asking about them can get you into deep shit, if not from the police, then from the locals there who CAN hurt you and get away with it simply because they are Qatrani and you are not.

The above is pretty much fact about the Arab world in general. There is a very strong anti-drug sentiment and drugs are things that are kept very, very secret - kinda like homosexuality.

As for my opinion, I personally have never been to Qatar (nor do I plan to), but I have heard stories from expats in qatar, and also ran into countless Qatranis in Jordan since they go there in droves in the summer to escape the sweltering heat). I think Qatar is as horrible a society as is Saudi (that is to say, I have never, ever met a Qatrani/Saudi that I liked). I'm sure there are some good Qatranis and Saudis out there, I just haven't met them yet ;). But that is just personal experience, and I have lived in the middle-east half my life.

* true story, although it involved an American, and his "offense" was simply that he honked his car horn at a Qatrani.

EDIT: To be less negative, here is a tip. If you absolutely must, try to get to know other foreigners living there, especially ones that have lived there for a long time. You may find one that has connections. Foreigners are your only hope, really.

Last edited:
I'm going o interject here and say that Qatar is not that terrible a place. If you're going there on contract work as a foreigner, you'll likely bond with a group of fellow foreign workers and find some common activities to take your mind off the otherwise boring existence there for the duration of your contract. You'll do well if you can survive on limited alcohol consumption (which is legal). Just don't get caught drunk in public or you can say hello to a few nights in jail and can kiss your job and your stay in Qatar good bye.

Drugs? I wouldn't chance it. Perhaps once you'd been there a few years and had built a solid friendship with someone who shared your interest. You're going there to make money, remember. You'll have that much more to spend and that much more catching up to do when you get back.

Jamshyd, not to nitpick, but it's Qatari(s).

^ You are right, English-wise.

I was simply using the more local form - Qatrani (or Gattrani) is the informal way of referring to someone from Qatar, at least in Jordanian colloquae (although Qatrani is also proper in classical arabic when spelled with a quaf).

You do have some good points. I forgot to mention that Alcohol is allowed as long as you keep it hushed. But Qatar is pretty horrible if you don't know anyone there. After all, its very own residents enjoy leaving their country every summer, and when I say in droves, I mean in droves ;)

HOMELESS to EADD to AUSDD - I wasn't sure which region could host this better. :\ My thanks to SA and Jamshyd for helping thus far. :)

You know what they say about Caucasian drug use in the middle east?

Yer can't get drunk... but you'll be stoned at the earliest opportunity.

There´s American military base near Doha and they deal bacon and cocaine. But you might easily get 20 years (not from buying bacon though) in nice prison so maybe better forget it

Looking for drugs in any Arab country is a BAD idea homie. Penalties aren't as strict as thailand but they are strict. I was told to leave a PRESCRIPTION of codeine at home... I can only imagine what would happen if you got caught with any amount of drugs...

If you are that stupid go to an American or British military base.

euphoricnod said:
Looking for drugs in any Arab country is a BAD idea homie. Penalties aren't as strict as thailand but they are strict. I was told to leave a PRESCRIPTION of codeine at home... I can only imagine what would happen if you got caught with any amount of drugs...

If you are that stupid go to an American or British military base.

A lot of people misunderstand Lebanon to be an Arab country.

Drugs are found everywhere in Lebanon....most common is hashish and in some cities EVERYONE smokes it.....theres also opium and in Beirut lots of ecstacy and coke :)

the police catch you and you give them a little money, they let you go

THANX Bluelighters!

last night i was at bed when i felt asleep, i woke up in the middle of the nightt and i was dreaming.. more like a nightmare that i were in a particular situation in an arab country, they didn´t spoke arabic in my nightmare, it was just uncomprensible.. but at some point they began to scream loud and point at me.. and the thing went BAD, as i said in my last-night nightmare
jaja =S

i don´t want this to become reality in a few months :\

lets point this, i´m from south america, Argentina. caucasian and very open-minded.. but i can imagine that creepy situation, of some misunderstood and then the shouts ¨ahjrararara¨ and pum! or a knife, or some kind of medieval torture:.....

ohh god.. maybe i could give a chance to that work.. and go there for 6 months lets say.. and check out whats happening out there and.. maybe if i can make some foreigners friends or ex-pats
i don´t really know

but again THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES

and anything that you may apport to ease my mind or give me some idea is more than welcome

peace

please MODS feel free to MOVE THIS THREAD to another forum, maybe i vould get more responses or first hand experiences in Arab countries

thanx y´all!

edit: ooh you already done that =) (moving to another forum) i´m a fucking noob you know jaja
althought i´ve been visiting bluelight for 5+ years

The only other place I can think of to move this to is back to EADD, the Middle East is positioned between Europe and Africa. Otherwise I'm happy for this to stay but please note that we are quite strict on sources here and anything remotely specific in terms of location will be removed.

well of course be careful in any case.......if you want to go somewhere civilized in the middle east you can go to my country, lebanon

it doesn't really matter if you get caught doing drugs there

euphoricnod said:
I was told to leave a PRESCRIPTION of codeine at home... I can only imagine what would happen if you got caught with any amount of drugs...
Hah... in Jordan, they treat Codeine the same way they treat Morphine: you can only get it by prescription in a hospital pharmacy! Even when they talk about it, their voices get hushed and they avoid eye contact.

SA: Given the hypocrisy of religious groups, I would not be surprised if they go pray then go to Dubai to gamble, drink, sodomize girls and boys, and other things that were haram yesterday ;). Its a farce, thats for sure.

Although I admit I was not aware that Dubai was tolerant towards drug use.

btw, yes - American military bases in Arabia tend to have a constant supply of Cocaine. I have heard from people I know about rich Kuweitis and Saudis buying it from their American friends.

ps. SA: are you aware that the word "Keifak" and the word "Kif" (as in, resin) are related? ;)

friend of mine moved there, she goes to school there and has gotten access to drugs through her school friends