• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What's your favorite type of music to listen to while rolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it is totally stereotype to listen to techno on E, if you hate techno, being on E listening to it won't change ur opinion, what ever music hits my emotions sober, i listen to while on E, which intensifies my emotion level...personal preference..IMO

TRANCE!!!!! Well so they say, its the most popular 4 it anyway. Its my fav, real uplifting stuff. I also enjoy prog trance, hard house/trance, and tech house. At the end of the day it comes down to what you like, it just enhances it more. Personally i cant stand hip hop when rolling its seems to contridict the happy, friendly moods it creates.

GABBER GABBER GABBER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stomp till your knees fill with fluid !

anonyMouse said:
I'm probably being a loner here...

Goa Trance

(Astral Projection; Goa Syndrome; even some of Nostrum). http://alancode.net/serp.mp3

You're not a loner at all. TONS of people roll to Goa/Psy . . . I love it as well, just prefer harder styles. I like mushrooms/acid with Goa/Psy more than ecstasy.

Psychedelic trance and Goa trance have got to be my favourite style of music to listen to while rolling. As well as Freeform!

Trance and all of its sub genre's.
For me prog- trance.

But as we get older, get over our mdma honeymoon and become jaded its then time for some DnB!

Hey y'all....Figures this would be my first reply/post on this board. Its a really awesome board, lots of logical discussion. But it figures this is my first, cuz MUSIC is my life, always has been.....:) I really love so many different kinds of music, but I got heavy into the jam improv music scene in the mid nineties, and when E came into my life in 2000, it was because I was in the perfect place for it: (IMO) a late nite at a music festival high in the mountains in a crazy barn all decked out with neon and art and colors....the live music was frikken off the hook....the energy of the players playing all night just for us to all get out of our element and go shitzo. Ive been enthrawled with it ever since.....those special times with the "jam bands" I thought Id give a different perspective on good music to roll to....SURE! Electronica is prime for this substance....but....really......for some of us, jam music is better.

Why?

THeres something about a front man to a band getting everyone all rowled up and ready to go....and then the fast blissful pace of the band....whoever it is...its usually perfect.

I can name a few bands Ive had super duper incredible times with rollling, where everything was just freakin PERFECT:
String Cheese Incident, moe., Leftover Salmon, Sound Tribe Sector 9, Disco Biscuits, Particle, Karl Densons Tiny Universe, Yonder Mountain String band, Railroad earth, Signal Path,Hamsa Lila, Galactic.....

Funk, rock, trance jams, bluegrass ass shaking madness, noodle city, from the Hoe Down to Funky Town, jazz and inbetween.....something about the futuristic blend of all these goodies makes my MDMA trips what they are. MDMA would not be MDMA for me without the bands mentioned above.

I like to sing lyrics when rolling. One of the coolest things Ive experienced rolling at these shows is singing songs with a huge crowd. You can just go up to anyone and sing the tune and they know the words too usually. Its a very unifying feeling. And then, when the band rips out a 25 min. jam that goes into a climax and comes down, the crowd is just cheering their assese off, most people in a state of trippin, ITS SO MUCH FUN to cheer when your rolling. Ive lost my voice from it. I love those little quick breaks when the band adjusts after an incredible jam and everyone is just dumbfounded looking around laughing. Also, a nice thing about it, is there are so many people rolliin, but a bunch who are not, and they are feeling just like you in a way.

I think "experimental jam" music or whatever you want to call it, is very similar to some forms of electronica, where you get peaks and valleys, climaxes, and its all about the dance and the love and the unity.

Thanks for listening. Good to be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.