• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed - Wow...

nostalgic

Bluelighter
Heyas...
I smoked weed for the first time in a big way (more than one puff of a joint not even drawn into my lungs) last year and did about eight cones. I know that is absolutely stupid, but after two i noticed nothing, four... nothing... five... slight motion slurr when looking round... Then on eight my nightmare begun.
A friend wom I had shared the stick with was laughing all over the place, having a bawl... Meanwhile I was sitting down, having hallucinations of some kind... My glasses frame was morphing into different shapes and glowing bright pink, with the pink filled with grey which was flickering on and off... While staring at a fairly square diamond shaped tuft of grass on the ground, I realised that the entire ground was covered in a tesalation of them. Yes the entire ground, as far as I could see was covered in them. They begun to rotate, then the whole ground turned black. They lit up in neon colors and kept rotating. I stood there, scared right the fuck out of mind, and whacked my head then ran off. I saw a million things more frightening that night, it lasted about 6 hours on me.
Since then I've tried weed in tiny, medium and large amounts again, each time with no effect from a little and the same visuals from a lot. Since that night I've never been the same, and I don't really know in what way. I just don't think the way I used to... When I'm on weed and I speak, it feels like I'm not thinking I want to say something (although I am, very vividly) and it comes out anyway...
Has anyone else had this sort of reaction to weed? If so, please share what happened and any resolution to the way it left you...
I really don't want to think I'm the only person who has such an upsetting and frightening reaction to weed.
------------------
wisest is he who knows that he does not know...

I have never tripped out *that* bad off marijuana, but I too have mild hallucinations, I get dizzy, and generallyjust want it to end - eventually I pass out ... I never laugh at anything that not funny, I don't get stoners.. the cat chases a laser pointer and they all go crazy, laughing as though they just saw a pregnant woman get wacked in the tummy with a baseball bat... I have NEVER got the "calm" and "relaxed" feelings that others report - and yes, I have smoked massive bowls of sticky krippy with red hairs out of a gravity bong - the problem isn't the weed, it's my reaction to it.. plus I don't see how ANYONE could stand the tase of the smoke...
Oh well, to each his own..
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'"

i used to enjoy bud until i went through my psychedelic phase...since then getting stoned either just makes me feel like i'm on a negative trip, or like a neanderthal...and i just end up going to sleep. i don't like stoner culture either, though i still think pot tastes and smells pretty nice.

PhreeX - Oddly enough, I like the taste and smell of pot. I can't STAND the taste and smell of cigarettes - putrid, disgusting, nauseating stuff... I will never date a smoker. Biggest turnoff in the whole world for me is when a girls hair has that faint odor of cigarettes...
To each their own, I guess.

I've never had any pleasant reaction from Marijuanna.
I *always* get paranoid as hell. I get hungry. Very hungry. Then I get confused. I forget what I'm talking about. Then I start over again, making a fool out of myself. I have never had one iota of enjoyment from weed. I always thought it was because I was buying cheap shit. Then I bought a quarter of "dank" (Oh how I DESPISE that word) for $120. All it did was burn less, and make me look even stupider.
I won't even get into the taste and the "oh my God I just gave head to a sand blaster" feeling it gives my throat.
As far as ciggarettes...There is no comparison. I'd blaze a f4t blunt over a Newport anyday.
*note*- After doing massive amounts of cocaine one night, I did find a use for Marijuanna. I found that smoking copious amounts DID help me to calm down (physically, not mentally) and eventually sleep. This is ONLY because I had no benzo's, GHB, Sominex...Nothing. Nothing but weed.

petersko, i feel the same way.
cigarettes disgust me, but i really enjoy the flavor of good marijuana smoke. There are a few, and i mean few blends of very good pipe tobacco and cigars which i don't mind, but other than that tobacco is just gross.
And, to nostalgic....damn. sounds more like LSD than marijuana. I'd either stop smoking, get a new dealer, or be thankful for the amazing experience you get from it.
peace
--CH
------------------
"Prohibition...goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which out government was founded."
--Abraham Lincoln -- December, 1840
  • AIM = CaucasianHomeboy
-Fuck PLUR, get high-

wow.. i thought everyone smoked! It like french fries for me. No matter what meal I get at a fast food joint, i always get fries. I couldn't imagine rolling tripping or whatever without smoke. But like you said, to each his own. Whatever weed you had was probably laced or something. last time i checked marijuana does not make you trip face for 6 hours...thats crazy though..

I wouldn't want to be you Phreex!!!
Marijuana gives me a real good feeling everytime I smoke it....almost like a Xanax buzz but with sillyness included.
Makes me relax and i can focus more on what im doing.
I gotta admit the first 50 times i did it i didnt find anything very useful to it...but after that...jay is heaven for me...
Maybe you guys could benefit from a little more experimentation with it...

Hey PhreeX and SL55--Do you two like hallucinogens? Mainly acid or shrooms?
The few people I know personally that hate marijuana don't like hallucinogens either. They just can't seem to relax and let shit be--either on pot or acid. They always get SUPER fucking paranoid and uneasy on pot. Just wondering if you had the same shit, or it's just pot you get paranoid on?
And to whoever posted way above, that's fucked up. The only time I've ever "tripped" off of marijuana has been when I've eaten large amounts in baked goods (large amounts meaning apprx 1/5 of an oz). I can get pretty paranoid if I'm really stoned and I let myself, and if I'm drunk and stoned I can space out, but I've never gotten full on hallucinations just from smoking pot. Crazy.
Anyway, it didn't fuck you up long-term...it's all mental. Just stop worrying and you'll be fine.
------------------
"Only what already is can really be accomplished"--Heidegger

Phreak:
I gotta admit the first 50 times i did it......
If I don't like something the first 4 or 5 times I try it, I'm going to stop. If it takes me 50 times to like weed, I don't want it anyway.
BornThird:
Actually I thoroughly enjoy Shrooms and LSD, moreso LSD...
However, I *don't* like the duration. If I could drop a few hits of acid, and trip for 2, maybe 3 hours, that'd be fine. I don't like being wired on LSD for so long. That being the case, I still do trip occasionally. I'd say maybe every 3, 4 months.
I've never had a problem with anxiety on LSD or Shrooms. I'm just not much of a psychonaught these days...Perhaps I'm lazy, but the mindfuck really can be exhausting. I'd just as soon chug some morphine and relax.
smile.gif

I don't understand how people can live without smoking. I love the smell and taste of the buddah as it rolls down my throat especially when i'm rollin. To me it seems to compliment whatever shit i'm on. Everyone has there opinion though so i'll keep smokin and you keep doin whatever your doin.
------------------
Crush it,
wrap it,
and swallow the damn thing

SL55: Since I do way to many drugs, and things tend to get boring now, I'm acquiring the habit of mixing different drugs. This weekends "experiment" happens to be 4 hits of quality liquid LSD and 60mg of MSIR. This will be the first time I mix opiates/psychedelics...but it sure does sound scrumptious...

^
|
|
Nostalgic... sounds like a crazy first time. You said you did not feel like the same person? I've had that feeling and it goes away, its all psychosomatic. Also ask yourself " if i am different why does it bug me?" People think drugs change them, they dont, we change ourselves through decisions we make. Change isnt bad either. As i say to all my buddies when we are tripping on L, Your the driver take, control of the wheel... try it again, if you get anxiety, try to identify whats causing the paranoia and if it is logical....peace
------------------
To use your head you have to go out of your mind- Dr. Tmothy Leary

I like shrooms, I can tollerate LSD .. no, here is no "reason" - I just hate marijuana.. I don't care to smoke ANYTHING .. I used to be into cloves when I was rolling but I outgrew it..
But hey, I don't see how anyone could NOT enjoy an IV injection of some good mexican mud tar heroin!
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'"

lol, this takes me back. i had a similar experience the first time I got high.
it wasn't my first time smoking. This was the summer before my freshman year, I'd never smoked and my friends hardly obtained weed so the first few times I smoked with them it was only a few hits on a joint, and I never felt the effects.
Then one day, after school'd started, my friend came over with a quarter bag that he'd gotten at school that day. It was some mighty good schwag, and a quarter bag was a lot to me in the day (I remember the first time I saw a NICKEL BAG I was like "whoa, that's quite a bit of weed there!") any way we rolled some really big joints, and each smoked like 2 or 3 to our heads, and soon enough I was super-stoned. We'd be standing out in the yard cuz that's where we chilled back in the day and I remember turning my head and getting some mad frame vision effects. It was like having on a really slow strobe light without the darkness, it was insane. I was like "Wait, weren't we inside?" and figured we should go inside, then I was inside and I was like "Wait, weren't we outside?" and go back outside, and I kept on doing that
smile.gif
I remember seeing a cop drive by, and the his cruiser looking all weird and comical, I was tripping out like hell. That was the only time I've gotten that frame vision effect, that was cool even tho it scared me at the time because I'd never experienced such a thing before. i've never gotten that high again without getting burned out first (don't get me wrong, I still get really high). Any way, I've also smoked bud that gave me some suprisingly strong visuals. One time I was sitting in a chair in my friends house, looking at his cat after I'd smoked about 7 bong bowls. His cat was just chillin, and I was looking at it and it's head kept on morphing into the heads of different animals and then it's eyes turned green and started getting bigger. Similar to your morphing/bizzare coloring effects I think...
btw I like hallucinogens...altho I once burned out on acid and gave it up for over a year, but i like it again I just use it a lot more sparringly ;-) and shrooms have always been fun, altho sometimes disappointing
[This message has been edited by linolium (edited 10 May 2001).]

One of the first few times i smoked weed i fucked myself up real good.
I noticed a direct relationship between how much fun i had and how much weed i smoked. So i kept smoking till i couldn't physically smoke anymore. I couldn't stop laughing for a fair while after that
smile.gif
Then i lay down (big mistake). I was really euphoric for a while and then i started freaking out for no reason, but there was no cause to it. I just felt *really* uncomfortable. I was hallucinating my nut off the whole time, seeing all sorts of weird shit morphing into other weird shit. I threw up on and off for about 2-3 hours. Overall i was messed up for like 4 hours. After that weed made me feel sick. For about 6 months after that i couldn't handle anything more than 1 or 2 small tokes on a j. Now I love weed again and use it on and off in binges, wasted for a while(days, weeks), straight for a few weeks.

I've has some wild halucinations off MaryJay as well. Once my freinds and I hotboxed an outhouse with 2 or 3 joints and wandered around the woods in the dark. My buddy disapeared into the woods and when I went looking for him I saw a huge face in the tree's. It looked sorta like a demon or somthing and had this evil grin on its face. it scared the bejesus out of me! I took off in the opposite direction and ran like I never had before, ha ha ha.
I also get paraniod really easily and I find that if you dont smoke weed places that are likley to make you nervous or scared (ie. School, Parents, Boss, ect..) then it really reduces the chances of anxiety.

Thanks for replying... It's good to know I'm not alone!
smile.gif

With relation to what you said CaucasianHomeboy, I explained my numerous experiences to my father, who said what I described reminded him of his own experiences on weed and mushrooms.
No weed I've smoked has been laced... I smoked it with a few... pros?... Well they toke a lot, and they get it themselves.
Acid_Regin, that's exactly what happened to me, but it's happened every time I've smoked more than about 2 cones. Each time I've been scared out of my mind, seeing things I can't even begin to describe, feeling things which aren't really there, intense throbbing in my head and framage so bad I could turn a 180 and only see before the turn and after, but nothing in between.
I want the feeling like I'm not myself to go away, although I must admit that I haven't had more than an average of 6 hours sleep (I have extreme sleeping diffiuclties from time to time) in a night for the last year. And I do relatively no exercise. Thankfully I'm changing that =)
------------------
wisest is he who knows that he does not know...
[This message has been edited by nostalgic (edited 10 May 2001).]

actually i watched on the news that one swedish guy got into a time where he was absolutley sure that he was a apple. i think he still is that way. hehe he must have a reallly lousy mind.

viktooor- that reminds me of a time i was robotripping and i seriously thought i was an alien and the plants and stars on my ceiling were my home planets in a form of a plastic thing watching over me. I look back at that now and im just thinking....what the fuck!!