• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: ABC - 22/08/07 'Police say NW drug users switching to ecstacy because crackdown

lil angel15

Bluelight Crew
Police say NW drug users switching to ecstacy because of drug crackdown
August 22, 2007 19:44:00

Police in north-west Tasmania claim that illicit drug users are turning to ecstasy after a recent crackdown on methylamphetamines.

Police have been running a covert operation in the region since December 2005.

They've released details of Operation Elude, which they say has thwarted millions of dollars worth of drug-related crimes.

Detective Inspector Matthew McCreadie says the taskforce has charged 28 people in relation to drug offences, and that has reduced the availability of drugs on the streets.

"Anecdotally we're already seeing the results, with a number of people identifying that speed or methylamphetamine is more difficult to obtain in the north and north-west of the state," he said.

"And we're also monitoring the movement away from that drug to drugs like ecstasy as a result of the lack of methylamphetamine being available."

ABC Online

Thats actually a better thing in terms for the community as a whole, in terms of reducing crime etc. What does everyone else think?

i think its a great thing, as long as tyey r getting the real deal. Im sure the police do as well(secretly)

Just shows if you stop one drug another will take it's place...

It prooves that they have failed in stopping drug use and have only stopped the manufacture and supply (to some extent) of meth so now users are taking pills instead...

Clap clap clap 8)

tribesman said:
Thats actually a better thing in terms for the community as a whole, in terms of reducing crime etc. What does everyone else think?

I would much prefer to be around someone who was pilling rather than someone who is tweaking. :)

lil angel15 said:
I would much prefer to be around someone who was pilling rather than someone who is tweaking. :)

Both are annoying :)

But I guesss I'd pick a pansy trying to hug you saying tyhey love you while one eye is rolling up and one eye ias closed over some cunt trying to steal yo0ur money and hock your shit for their next fit.