• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

A few questions about Shrooms

Get Up Kid

Bluelighter
I finnaly got my hand on some mushrooms, and I have a few questions.
I was reading up on different methods of ingestion. If I leave the shrooms in my mouth and chew them, I know they'll hit me faster. But will I trip harder, longer? Harder, shorter?
My brother was telling me about the nasuea that he experiences when tripping on shrooms. Would some tums or rolaids or something be a good idea or bad idea?
I've had my experiences with acid, and trip drugs are where my heart is. Anything to watch out for in a shroom trip?
Thanks.
------------------
"Everything is nothing, and emptiness is in everything"

Up untill a few days ago I have been takeing "Trazdozone" to help me sleep. Will the afterlife of this drug affect how hard I will trip?
------------------
"Everything is nothing, and emptiness is in everything"

I think shrooms make you think deeper then acid. I think that the nausia depends on the person. The comedown of shrooms I fell is different then acid. Some anxiety towards the end.

a shroom trip really depends on the potencey of the mushrooms... ive had five grams that just made me silly and laughing, and ive had one gram just floor me.
i love watching walls breathe. and wallpaper chase itself around the wall.

Disregard what your friend told you about nausea. I've never felt any nausea on them. And any drug will cause you nausea (especially a psychedelic) if you go into the trip expecting nausea.
If you want to minimize the possibility of the nausea then I would suggest not holding them in your mouth...I could see how that could make you kind of sick.
My preferred route is to make a nice shroom tea... just put the shrooms in some piping hot water and let it steep for about 5 minutes. Then drink the tea. I find that shroom tea will hit you much faster than just eating the shrooms. Then you get to choose whether or not you want to eat the shrooms out of the tea (they will likely still have some good potency to them and can add a second boost to the trip...delayed digestion...kind of like a time-released trip).
Damn, now you've got me itching to have some shrooms...it's been about two years since I last had some....damn, two fucking years, how time flies.

MAKE TEA! Shrooms taste like a gay peurto ricans asshole! Just boil them in in water, then add about 4 times as much tea and sugar as you normally would.. drink it fast, but be carefull if you make a LOT, when you make good tea and cant taste the shrooms, it is easy to drink WAY to much and trip into oblivian ..
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'"

shroom tea is good, but use honey instead of sugar. it hides the taste better.

hmm...
high noon + noon tea = high tea = shroom tea
(ignore me, just thinking out loud again)

Taste ain't so bad..tastes like burnt popcorn to me. I trip pretty dam hard when i chew them up and it takes like a 45min to a hour to hit..neva tried tea so I can't compare the two methods.peace

Why the hell anyone would make tea is beyond me. Yall should quit being fucken pussy's and just chew the damn things! Damn babies, the taste isn't that bad at all, and chewing them wastes none.

Samson, there are a number of reasons to have tea rather than just chomping on some shrooms. I personally don't mind the taste at all. But I'll still consume shroom tea over just downing some whole caps alone.
Reason #1) The tea gets metabolized much quicker resulting in a faster onset.
Reason #2) Consuming the tea with friends can be a very good social opportunity before your trip begins. It is an opportune time to discuss any number of items that could positively influence the uniqueness of the trip.
Reason #3) Drinking the tea can help in the ritualistic aspect of the trip, similar in effect to the consumption of ayahuasca. The drinking of the tea itself is part of the trip.
Reason #4) You are still left with the mushrooms from the tea which likely still have some active component to them. Eating them (in addition to drinking your tea) can allow for a time-release boost to your trip allowing for a double-peak.
Reason #5) Some people like tea to alter the taste of the shrooms.
Now, if you're too closed-minded to appreciate any of those reasons then I don't think you're someone who truely appreciates the power of the psilocybe, and, I don't think you ought to be consuming them (in any manner).
As for your "fucken pussy" comments, take that crap elsewhere (whatever happened to peace, love, unity, respect).
[This message has been edited by bunt cake (edited 03 May 2001).]

Or you can use some pre-packaged grape koolaid with the sugar already in it and use as much of the shroom-juice with it as you would water.
Or I've heard of people smoking them if they're dried.
I've personally only had fresh shrooms so....I can't tell you about that one, but the girl who did smoke them said she said in her closet for a couple of hours talking to people that weren't there
smile.gif

another question about shroooms?---do stems contain active ingrediants..I've heard so many people say they contain nothing and vise versa...If you have an answer can you prove it>?

Whenever Ive ate shrooms Ive always gotten a little bit of a nuasuous feeling in my stomach. If you eat something like dry crackers it normally takes it away. Whenever I get the nausea feeling, the trip is usually sneaking up on me.
Shelle

LOL! It's smart asses like samson that I get a total fucking kick out of when I read what the type or listen to what they say.

I mix shrooms in with ramen noodles and let them steep in the broth...yummy!

Hey bunt cake, those are some DAMN GOOD REASONS.
Hahaha, that man, gentleman, deserves to be president. Such cunning conversation skills, such karisma! I'm like in awe and all I can say when I read this smart mans words are....wow!
Evan

Ok, all the egotists can fuck off now.
Anyway, I've heard rolaids helps the nausea, but I've never tried it. The first time I tripped shrooms I puked but that was almost 100% from anxiety due to other shit. If you don't want to make tea, I always just use peanut butter and triscuits and the taste isn't really noticeable as long as you don't keep the shit hanging around in your mouth for too long.
Advice? Hmm, no one likes this advice but it should still be mentioned to new-trippers. If you like acid I'm sure you'll be fine, but if a shroom trip goes horribly bad a few shots of whiskey can make a huge difference in calming one down and bringing ya down. I've never done this before, but it worked wonders on a friend of mind who completely lost his shit. I'm assuming it not only calms but also lessens the trip to some minor extent.
------------------
"Only what already is can really be accomplished"

Ekittiex,
Don't smoke them, you'll just waste some perfectly good shrooms. Psilocybin and psilocin are pyrolized very easily at high temperatures...smoking them will get rid of most (if not all) of the psilocybin/psilocin before it ever reaches your mouth. Perhaps if you used a vaporizer to release the psilocybin/psilocin without pyrolizing it....but I've never tried that and I've never heard any reports of others trying it (I'd like to hear how it goes if you did).
xbeenfeen,
yes, the stems contain a great deal of active ingredients. I don't have any evidence other than empirical evidence (experience). But by all means, if you or your friends don't think so, I'll take all the stems you don't want. : >
Samson,
Bad boy. No shrooms for you. Play nice.