• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

i'm dope sick - should i shoot vicodin?

I have ingested crazy amounts off acetaminophen, like 13-14 grams in a day, and I am still around. I am not suggesting it, once I was so sick I actually signed into the E.R. for like 12 hours. I left at like 3 in the morning, after they gave me some NAC. I have always used NAC when I was dosing high amounts. I can only get off now on Fentanyl, OCs, Methadone, Oxy/Morphine IR's, and good ole' smack. To bad you dont live where I do, I would love to help.

I love when these threads come up, and 10 different people are like, "No, you should never IV pills."

And then the OP: "I know it's not safe but like my friend did it one time and was ok so I think I'll be ok. So if anyone knows if it's safe to shoot up pills please respond."

Virtuoso said:
Note:

A pulmonary EMBOLISM is a type of infarction.

A pulmonary EDEMA is a build-up of fluid in the lungs.

That latter is caused by IV codeine.

my bad

alright despite all the evidence of bad things that can happen, i cwe 10 tyenol 3's and i've IV'd 160ccs of it and i dont feel a damn thing, there is just too much water for me to feel anything, is there anything i can do about this? i'm not having any negative effects, but i dont feel anything either.

then again i'm used to shooting a bundle of dope a day, so that could have something to do with it. i feel better from the 10 vicodin i ate but i'm not high. i have like 5 or 6 more vicodin and all the tyenol 3 cwe liquid...

dude I think its time for you to quit drugs...

I am not trying to offend you here.

You are going against advice given by people that clearly know a lot more about drugs than you do. Just because you shoot dope doesn't mean you know a lot about drugs- you didn't even know vicodin was an opiate (opiod).

You knew that injecting those kinds of pills could have been fatal. I DO know that opiate withdrawls and addiction will make you do things even though you know it might have negative consequences, it is the definition of addiction. So I can see why you did it, and it is why I am not trying to be a jerk to you.

But this is it- you will eventually off yourself like this. If you do want to live and have a future, then get yourself some help.

If you don't want help, then stop asking people here for help and advice if you aren't going to follow it.

i know, i've known for a long time i should quit. i just don't care enough about myself. maybe one day that will change, i'm working on it. i'm not trying to feel sorry for myself here, i just know i didn't start doing dope because i wanted a future for myself. i'm trying here. i did end up just eating them btw. not worth it.

Seriously now, stop trying to shoot codeine. For one, AGAIN, shooting pills is dangerous. We know you're dope-sick, but WD's are nothing compared to, I dunno, death.

Also, if you're up to a bundle a day then those pills won't do much for you beyond easing your discomfort a bit. You're not going to get as high, which can be bad news if you're trying to chase down a high and ingest all that APAP.

If you CWE'd the codeine, you might as well plug it. Same goes for the vics, IMO.

So, all together now: Don't shoot pills.

Be safe and hang in there. We all know how bad it sucks.

Do the CWE to get rid of that tylenol, you already ate 5grams, 8grams or more and you better head to the hospital, any more than 10grams, I'd put money down that you're next on the liver transplant waiting list. Drink the solution. Hydrocodone can cause lethal complications when injected, much like codeine. Regardless, do not shoot vicodin, the pills are fucking huge with a lot of tylenol (which is not completely removed by a CWE) and other binders with only a miniscule amount of hydrocodone. Don't even snort them. CWE and drink 'em, it'll help your withdrawals I promise!

also, cimetidine (an OTC antacid ) will increase the efficiency of hydrocodone by 10%.

you will die if you shoot them

answer your question? CWE and eat the rest

Your fucked up in that state so this will probably come too late....but...

FUCK NO, DO NOT SHOOT UP (IV) OR (IM) OR NOTHING! REGARDING THE VICODIN! You will most definatley FUCK UP to the point of emergency attention! Vicodin is hyrdromorphone and a SHIT LOAD OF TYLENOL (acetamniophen).....I don't think even the syringe lovers on this site have EVER tried such thing! The tylenol alone will be able to absolutley clog your veins to the point of medical attention....if they can still make it in time!

ONLY THING YOU CAN DO...IS EAT THEM....1-3 PILLS AT TIME ORALLY (snorting them doesn't work either....no better at least if that is what you are thinking) UNTIL YOU SETTLE DOWN. What the fuck.....10 Vicodins.....how long you got to go? 1 day- 2 days- 3 days? If only 1 day ORALLY take them and do whatever the next day...whatever the fuck it is you do! BUT I wouldn't pop them ALL at once...I would take 1-3 tablets every 1 hour-45minutes or so until I settle down. WHO KNOWS MABYE BY THE END OF THE NIGHT YOU MAY STILL HAVE A COUPLE VICODINS LEFT. Even 2 pills.....fuck it...even 1 Vicodin is SOMETHING in times of withdrawl.

YEAH....IF YOU STILL CAN OPERATE (which you should since you had 5 Vicodins so you aren't a complete cadavre/vegetable) DO WHAT THE POST ABOVE ME SAYS.....

Do a COLD WATER EXTRACTION on your pills.....even if there are 'only' 5 Vicodins. It's that tylenol that fucks up your organs.....permanentley.

P.S. We all realize you are desperate! But don't you read this board/site? At least once in a while? The first thing you would learn is that you NEVER inject neither IV nor IM anything containg Tylenol or Aspirin.....and ANYTHING containing Codeine. Injecting even pure codeine IV will cause death (painful death) no ways around it....no narcan saviour...no nothing. Injecting codeine in ANY way...IV, IM, that other fucking method where you shoot underneath the skin.......ALL METHODS ARE GOING TO END UP WITH A FUNERAL....not a party! Codeine is a WEAK narcotic PLUS it is specifically made to be taken by mouth (orally)...same as with hydrocodone (Vicodin) - snorting the pills aren't going to increase in potency. These are pills made for oral use...that is why the ONLY STEP UP would be a Cold Water Extraction.

You are in withdrawls meaning you logically are dependent on narcotics! Meaning you certanily know or should know a thing or two about your drugs of choice and esp about your dependence.

Last edited:
Also, I hope you're still alive. NEVER, EVER IV CODEINE, YOU DOLT! It WILL cause pulmonary edema (i.e. fluid-filled lungs.) You'll DIE.

If you must inject APAP-containing codeine pills, subcutaneous injections are probably the safest. That's skin-popping, you know, injecting under the skin.

Dear God, please stop injecting APAP. AND DON'T EVER IV CODEINE!!!

Also, hydrocodone has a high oral bioavailability. That means that there's no point on shooting it, just take it with a tiny bit of food.

OK. Enough theory.

I successfully i.m.'ed codeine extracted from codeine/APAP formulations. It's been months and I'm still alive. This route provides faster and stronger onset, effects are generally also stronger like 1.5 times.

Skip popping is stupid because you end up with tens of ml. The only way to get it right it to shoot it intramuscularly. I don't advise this anyway to anyone who doesn't know what he/she is doing.

Codeine IVed can cause pulmonary edema. Look it up.. its a real treat.

While this is true, vicodin is not codeine. Kinda unrelated ._________.

Vicodin is acetaminophen (like OTC tylenol) and Hydrocodone. You cannot inject amounts that would get you high because it would cause pulmonary adema, the buildup of fluids in your lungs. We just don't have the plumbing to take hydrocodone intravenously. You can inject small amounts, but only in the same way you can get away with injecting small amounts of sand, dirt, or bacteria...

Either way you lose: A) you don't get high, or B) You have *serious* health complications that require immediate medical attention. No way around it.

Also, hydrocodone has a high oral bioavailability. That means that there's no point on shooting it, just take it with a tiny bit of food.

This is true. You aren't saving yourself anything at all when you try to shoot hydrocodone. The drug was literally made to be economically friendly and easily and best absorbed when taken orally.

TheodoreRoosevelt said:
While this is true, vicodin is not codeine. Kinda unrelated ._________.

He talked about CWEing and shooting T3s. Thats codeine.

Also, adder, he wanted to IV the liquid, not IM it. IMing codeine is far less hazardous.