• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

His Name Is Frank

Bluelight Crew
Film:Stephen King's: The Mist

I have been waiting on this movie to be made since I read the story from Skeleton Crew years ago. That,combined with the fact that it's directed by Frank Darabont,who directed Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile makes me feel comfortable that this movie is in great hands. How many have read The Mist and are looking forward to the movie coming out?

Wow!

I'd heard some rumors of a The Mist movie for a while, but it was always my impression that the idea had fallen through, as it seems they were talking about it for a long time.

Though not my favorite King novella (that would be Cycle of the Werewolf), it is excellent, and think that in the right hands it could make an outstanding movie.

Film:Stephen King's The Mist

I cannot wait to see this movie! I have been wanting them to make it since I read the short story about 12 years ago. It has a great cast(Thomas Jane,Andre Braugher)and a great director(Frank Darabont)who directed two great King movies:The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile. I would have been worried if this movie were in the hands of a no-name director. The Mist is a damn great story and creeps the hell out of me every time I read it. They actually filmed it in Sheveport,La.,90 miles from where I live. Movies based on Stephen King movies don't have a good track record,but the ones with good directors:The Shining-Stanley Kubrick,Misery and Stand By Me-Rob Reiner,and the aformentioned Frank Darabont films have all been great
Trailer:http://youtube.com/watch?v=EP-MHO_M6ik

I don't remember this story, so I'll probably enjoy the film that much more when it comes out.

SillyAlien said:
I don't remember this story, so I'll probably enjoy the film that much more when it comes out.
It's the first story in Skeleton Crew,a collection of short stories.
*and thank you,Belisarius,for pointing out my painfully short memory.

OMG that was an excellent short story. I barely follow (traditional) pop culture at all anymore... is the movie officially out now?

MDPVagrant said:
OMG that was an excellent short story. I barely follow (traditional) pop culture at all anymore... is the movie officially out now?
No. It's set to open November 21st. The Mist is definitely one of the creepiest,most visual stories King has ever written.

HisNameIsFrank said:
No. It's set to open November 21st. The Mist is definitely one of the creepiest,most visual stories King has ever written.
I agree... perhaps beaten only by some of those scenes in the woods in "Pet Sematary" (wish he'd expounded a lot more!) and -- another short story I always liked called "The Jaunt" which reflects my experiences with extreme sleep deprivation last month. King had to have used stimulants at some point to have written that story ;).

Edit -- oh yeah, I should probably include "The Raft" if we're talking about mental/visually impactful short stories. Goes right for the gut (and more often than not succeeds, IMO).

Last edited:
I'm a huge King fan....This looks like it'll be a good movie. You say this was from skeleton crew? I have the book here but havn't gotten around to reading it.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a dissapointment like "IT" was, but from the look of the preview i don't think it will.

SteeleyJ said:
You say this was from skeleton crew?
Yeah. It's the first story. It's a little over 100 pages. Definitely worth reading before seeing the movie. That way,if,in the slim chance the movie turns out to not be so good,it won't tarnish your memory of the story.

I have kind of given up on steven king's movies acouple were ok but I haven't really liked any of them alot since the stand.

I just saw it today and I loved it. It follows the book very closely and the acting is great(especially Thomas Jane,Andre Braugher and Toby Jones) This was the only time I have to a movie in whch a character gets killed and the audience applauded. Not just a couple. Over half of the audience burst into applause. It was great! The creature effects could have been better,but it was a relief to see a movie that didn't rely heavy on CGI. Readers of the book will not be disappointed. The only thing different is the ending. I read an interview with Stephen King and Frank Darabont,and Stephen King said that if he had it to write over again,he would write Frank's ending. While watching it,I thought it was a more fitting Stephen King ending. I won't give any spoilers away. Just go see it for yourself. I'm just so glad that The Mist didn't cop out like so many movies before it and give you a happy,sun shining,birds singing ending!
Four stars,easily!

WARNING! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND SEE THIS FILM IN THE THEATER! IT IS EASILY ONE OF THE TOP FIVE WORST FILMS I HAVE EVER SEEN (excluding rentals)!

Please, please heed my advice. It was painfully bad. I seriously left the movie thinking, "I am embarrassed for anyone that was involved with creating this film."
During the film, the audience booed and laughed out loud about how horrible certain parts were. Some walked out, others were just shouting for the film to end.

I have never read King's novella, but I seriously doubt it could have been anywhere near as bad as the adaptation. I thought 1408 was a shitty adaptation as well (although it made The Mist look like The Godfather); does King have anything to do with the creation of these films, or after the rights are sold, do the writers have complete power to to destroy the writing in any manner they choose? I have read almost all of King's short stories, and find him to be highly underrated for his writing of that type.

But back to the "film".....

:X :!

Give me my $10 back!

The scariest thing is that the film actually received mixed reviews. How it was not panned across the board is beyond me.

Last edited: