• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Digestion/Stomach Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

asecin

Bluelighter
harder feces

i know this might sound stupid, but im tired of weak formed feces and im tired of always farting so... how can i form harder, better feces ?? its a serious question. :\

harder feces aren't good, they're bad. But, if you want hard feces, and a much higher risk of an embarrassing case of colo-rectal cancer:

eat more cheese
eat more meat
eat less fiber

Its hard to take that question seriously. This forum sure has everything.

Maybe you have a slight alergy to something or are lactose intollerant.
Maybe eating cheese or drinking milk will make it worse, so I wouldn't recommend it.
you can always take anti-diahreal medicine like Immodium. That might help, probably won't help your farting problem.

Try changing your diet around, you must be eating foods that don't agree with your body.

i do eat a lot of meat and i thought fiber was actually going to help in hard feces no ? oh well... i wasnt sure of that.

btw that farting annoys me a lot more :/

fiber is not a bad thing, it will keep your poo regular, but will not necessarily harden it.

The meat is causing the farting. eat more veggies and fruits. balance yourself out. eat some grain, not white bread shit. some veggies will cause gas though, like cauliflour.

take in a little less dairy and meat (beef) for a while, white meat like chicken is ok, so is eggs.

lol meat causes the farting ? yeh it will explain it since i eat those beef jerky snaks daily. how bad are they ?

anyway, whats the deal with the white bread that it is always critisized so much ?

Bananas. lots and lots of bananas.

To explain the evil meat/white stuff : it's not each of these that are bad in itself, but rather the combination of foods you eat that causes your troubles.

I suggest you look into food combining or trophology. I've been practicing this for a year now and it has really helped my digestion problems.

It is an established scientific fact in Western medicine that in order to initiate efficient digestion of any concentrated animal protein, the stomach must secrete pepsin. But it is also a well-known fact that pepsin can function only in a highly acidic medium, which must be maintained for several hours for complete digestion of proteins.

It is an equally well established fact of science that when we chew a piece of bread or potato or any other carbohydrate/starch, ptyalin and other alkaline juices are immediately secreted into the food by the saliva in the mouth. When swallowed, the alkalized starches require an alkaline medium in the stomach in order to complete digestion.

Anyone should be able to figure out what therefore happens when you ingest protein and starch together. Acid and alkaline juices are secreted simultaneously in response to the incoming protein and starch, promptly neutralizing one another and leaving a weak, watery solution in the stomach that digests neither protein or starch properly. Instead proteins putrefy and starches ferment owing to the constant presence of bacteria in the digestive tract.

This putrefaction and fermentation are the primary cause of all sorts of digestive stress, including gas, heartburn, cramps, bloating, constipation, foul stools, bleeding piles, colitis, and so forth.

Many so called 'allergies' are also the direct result of improper food combinations; the bloodstream picks up toxins from the putrefied, fermented mess as it passes slowly through the intestines, and these toxins in turn cause rashes, hives, headaches, nausea and other symptoms commonly branded as allergies. The same foods that cause allergic reactions when improperly combines often have no ill side-effects whatsoever when consumed according to the rules of trophology. The final fact of the matter is this: when you immobilize your stomach and impair digestive functions by consuming foods in indiscriminate combination, the bacteria in your alimentary canal have a field day. They get all the nutrients and thrive, while you get all the waste and suffer.

If you do a search you will come up with many resources on food combining.
foodcombining.jpg

Anyway the number one rule I follow is I NEVER mix my proteins and my starches. I eat proteins with lots of vegetables, and my starches (if ever) alone.

Last edited:
asecin - I'd say anything processed like beef jerky is not very healthy. Better than chips or something! Maybe instead of those, try eating some turkey deli meat. That's a way better way to get protein! And WATER! Drink as much water as possible. Slight dehydration can cause loose stools. And yes, bananas. I try to eat one a day.

crystalcallas - WOW. I've never heard of that, but I'm going to read up on it now. I've been having a lot of stomach problems (IBS) and while they get better when I eat well, I still have lapses. Thanks for posting that picture!

My doctor can't stress enough that we need LOTS of fiber. So I'd say eating foods rich in fiber, even adding BeneFiber to your water, and staying away from fast food/processed foods is the way to go. Like I said above, my body is happiest and my bowel problems are waaaay less so when I eat lots of raw or steamed veggies, fruits, and meats that aren't highly processed.

OH! And remember... when you start eating A LOT more veggies, you will have some gas! It'll take a couple of weeks for your body to adjust, but once it does you will notice way less gas.

whats the deal with processed food not being very healthy ?

because its processed, it also depeneds on what processed food it is. fiber is a way to bulk up the feses, although the body does not digest it, it is an essential part of a helthy diet. eat real food and you should not have a problem. hope all goes well...lol

asecin said:
whats the deal with processed food not being very healthy ?

Any time food is processed (as far as deep frying, life-extending, and the like), it loses some nutritional value. Think about a fried chicken sandwich. The only fairly healthy part of the thing is the plain chicken meat. I don't know if it would absorb the oils used in frying, but I would imagine that is the case. Regardless, most of the foods we consume are highly processed and therefore, not good for us (I say "we" speaking from an American standpoint at least).

They say that if you are shopping in the inside aisles of the grocery store, you're not getting nutritious food. Stick to the outer circle to get the most nutritious, least processed foods. Cooking for yourself using fresh ingredients is the best way to keep away from the processed crap. And it tastes better! Think grilling meats with herbs as opposed to pan frying with oil and flour.

EDIT: I should mention that turkey deli meat is processed, but it's still healthier than a beef jerky stick.

Here's a wikipedia article on processing.

well... i checked all the food we have at home and it seems all processed.
seriously... living in US, i cant see how you can get your food fresh.
its always processed one way or another.

anyway i got more of those beef jerkey snacks, i just cant stop eating them :(

Fresh food is in the produce section of your local grocery store. Deli for meat. Also, if you look hard enough, you can find a farmer's market in your town or close to it. They should be getting started any time now and it sure is fun to buy your veggies and things straight from the farmer (good for them, too because you aren't supporting evil mega-companies, you are helping to feed and keep in business local families). Plus, things fresh from the farm at the farmer's market are waaaay tastier than anything you could ever get at Wal-Mart.

As far as trying not to eat so many processed foods, you just need to learn how to prepare it as opposed to popping something in the microwave or oven for dinner. Try looking up some healthy recipes online and you'll see cooking really isn't that hard or time consuming. I understand we can't eat a totally raw diet (though I'd sure like to try), so please don't think I'm suggesting that. Just try to cook more instead of getting something out of the freezer for dinner. Or snacking on some cottage cheese instead of your beef jerky snack. Willpower! I just think about how greasy those things are and I'm set with not wanting to eat them for months. Ick.

Just to give you an example of my dinners... one day I might boil chicken and have two different steamed veggies. Another I'll have spaghetti made with noodles and Ragu from the store with a salad. Sometimes I'll just eat a huge salad for dinner and other times I'll be really bad and make a pizza. I'm not the healthiest eater, but I'm trying to actually make my meals as opposed to just getting something out of the freezer.

Hope that helps!

atlas said:
harder feces aren't good, they're bad. But, if you want hard feces, and a much higher risk of an embarrassing case of colo-rectal cancer:

eat more cheese
eat more meat
eat less fiber
matter of opinion

i like a nice clean hard poo where i don't have to wipe a 20 times which irritates my ass making it itch later

and having your butt be a little 'loose' with the poo makes for potential leakage when u fart

a little hardness keeps it all in and u dont fart as much

:p

Eat fuckloads of vegetables, esp. broccoli.

Salad every night. And, don't drink too much coffee. It irritates the bejeebers out of your guts.

you can also go shopping for food at places like central market and whole foods, i dunno if these stores are all over america or just around where i live. its slightly more expensive but they sell majority organic and nonprocessed foods, not to mention they have awesome sushi

on a side note, be careful with eating mass fiber and cheese, as it could constipate you and thats not comfortable at all

qwe said:
matter of opinion

i like a nice clean hard poo where i don't have to wipe a 20 times which irritates my ass making it itch later

and having your butt be a little 'loose' with the poo makes for potential leakage when u fart

a little hardness keeps it all in and u dont fart as much

:p

yes. exactly
someone understands what im saying here.

do you by any chance have hard shit bricks coming out often or rarely ?
interested if you have specific diet for the hard shit bricks.

there's a whole scale between rock hard and splodgy soft. rock hard is obviously not good (-> colon cancer). splodgy soft is not nice either, it's too watery (-> diarrhea, loss of nutrients)

As a rule of thumb, whatgoes in soft comes out hard and what goes in hard comes out soft.

I think the sign a of healthy bowel are fairly soft fluffy malleable faeces that are still "in one piece" and not some liquidy moussy mess that will stick and/or splash when it lands (cheese is a major culprit for this, ime).

Try adding psylllium husks to your diet and remember to drink lots of water - esential if you have a high fibre intake (psyllium being fibre). Psyllium husks make for great poops.

asecin said:
yes. exactly
someone understands what im saying here.

do you by any chance have hard shit bricks coming out often or rarely ?
interested if you have specific diet for the hard shit bricks.
its usually soft, except when i eat poppies

Ximot said:
there's a whole scale between rock hard and splodgy soft. rock

Try adding psylllium husks to your diet and remember to drink lots of water - esential if you have a high fibre intake (psyllium being fibre). Psyllium husks make for great poops.

im sorry but what the hell is psyllium ???

Status
Not open for further replies.