• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

GBL Withdrawal

BTW, I also found valerian caps a great help in reiving symptoms, and to help me sleep, in fact they were my good friends...8(

valerian never did anything to me. When mixed with alcohol it would let me sleep. (as alcohol gives me a wide awake rebound all night after the pass out hour).. but only in large amounts.. Like 6 tablets, and I couldn't wake up in the morning to save my life, because I would just feel groggy.

baking soda baking soda baking soda....... alchol is acidic as fuk.... hit the benzos to relive pain.... acidodis is painful! and makes you moody as fuk!

dude... i'm sorry you're going thru this.

I've been using g for years now, and have never experienced withdrawal beyond a day of hangover like symptoms.

I guess the taste of it is what puts me off daily use.. but i use it every few days. (as you know)

For arguments sake, things i've read also suggest GBL is more addictive than 1,4-b or GHB. From my experience, the w/d symptoms i've experienced in the past were from GBL and not 1,4-b or GHB. And usually it occured after 4 or more days of GBL abuse - constant 2-3hr re-dosing. Seriously man - just take a breather for a week - with aid from benzos if need be. I've been telling you this for some time - or fucking distill and convert that GBL to GHB - So it's not taking such a toll on your body to do the conversion for you. I know the toxic feeling you're experiencing.

I began feeling ill last night and confused it with w/d symptoms because i had been dosing all day. just before i re-dosed i threw up, and soon realized it was most likely a flu. Today im wheezy etc. Good thing i didnt redose.

Best of luck mate, and i'll be seein ya next week :)

Yeah well I'm using whats left of my doxepin to withdrawal and going to get some dramamine. Say no to G! :p
Drinking bicarb soda too. I think when I posted this thread originally I was goingt thru a pretty bad flu or problems that has gotten better, and the G was just masking that so I felt okay.

Say no to G!

Nice to hear you finally say it Splatt ;)

Go easy on the bicarb though. While I've seen several grams consumed at one time, prolonged or excessive use can cause sodium retention which can lead to associated problems.

Well the doxepin worked and so did the clonidine I had (for Post-G-binge hypertension.. not the safest combo but it worked).. Also drank a lot of wine (nearly 2 bottles. which is not a good mix with clonidine so dont recommend this) last night so i wasn't craving GABAs... note i did not get drunk once. my vision was blurry and some speech was slurred but i never felt any real drunkedness, not even that nice tipsy feeling off the first 2 wines...

I used doxylamine (75mg) to goto sleep for more than an hour or 2 (something I haven't done in a month..) and this anti histamine seemed to stop withdrawal effects and getting sleep although I needed 3 tablets.

Apparently though I haven't hit the worst to come yet according to G addiction/withdrawal effects. We'll see how that goes then eh... I've always got a few emergency doses left I just have to only use them when really needed, not when I crave.

Bananas seemed to help last night! Thanks to onemorehit for that idea.

Doxylamine is also anti-cholinergic, so that seems to support the on-going idea that anticholinergics help with GHB withdrawal.

In my experience, GHB withdrawal is not like Opiates or Benzos, more like stimulants, in that things get easier and easier rather than "hump" on X days after last dose then get less intense again.

Alcohol doesn't help. I have a ferw doses left incase of emergency. Last night I used doxylamine to sleep and it was horrid. I didn't sleep I just had physicaly delusional nightmares all night. like I was thinking I was in a different place of my house or yard, or lying on the street, but couldnt move, and couldn't yell.. Sleep paralysis, but it even happened when lying on my side in the fetal position. This happened every minute for about an hour so I gave up and had a KO dose. and woke up in the morning feeling really bad.

I had a dose to even things out and have been withdrawing again now for about 10 hours? The migranes are killing me, the high blood pressure, the ticks and muscle tremors have kind of stopped a bit after taking clonidine, but they will return no doubt, at least the blood pressure will.

Alcohol doesn't help for more than half an hour. I hate the dry mouth of dramamine or doxylamine (drinking 2 litres of water still makes my mouth dry as hell like ive been on uppers for days), and don't want to take it again after what I experienced last night. My vision is extremely fuzzy and I feel dizzy. and all my joints ache like hell which I'm taking glucosamine, fish oil and salazopyron for. I'm slow and anti social because all I want to do is pretty much find a way out of allk these physical side effects, and concentrating on talking and doing things seems impossible. Hope it gets better tomorrow.. Hope I don't have to dig into the limited emergency stash.

Hey if this fits Dark side more now feel free to push it there.

Im seeing a doctor tomorrow btw.
If he doesn't help then I can (hopefully!) get benzos on Tuesday off someone else.

*cough* You're still a hyper-condriact. Do as i've instructed you twat!!! Was all good til you had another a dose - when i was speaking to you earlier!

It wasn't all good at all. But yeah I did delay the withdrawal process, but I felt like I was in a constent seizure state, and seriously high blood pressure, which I don't have at all by nature. Theres only so much I can ignore man. I'm seeing a doctor tomorrow as I know I can w/d with the help of benzos, without getting addicted to those. If i can get a pack of 20 x 5mg valiums, or some low dose clonazepams, take a bunch them when I first get them for the most serious w/d effects and then taper off over about 4-5 days, easy done.

The migranes don't help either bro. And pinds and needles seem to be a very common occurance, like normal ones but much more numb, happens mostly on my left hand.

Last edited:
Thread renamed and moved to TDS. You may get some more advice from the broader BL community here. :)

Good luck

Doctor gave me Cipramil and Stilnox to aid in sleep.
W/Ds seemed to get harder today. Much more twiches, anxiety and shakes and general uneasyness.. Some halucinations and very weird eye and skin feelings. Its been 30 hours since last dose.

I don't think Cipramil is a good choice, but I'll be taking the Stilnox for sleep, hoping I don't sleep walk or something :)

^ It's gonna take a while. How long is a moot point, depends on to many variables I reckon. There is a potential for anxiety attacks (anecdotal reports) particularly if you start fucking with psychedelics (including potent weed) before your brain chemistry is realigned. How do you tell when this has happened ? I dunno :) I guess that you'll be sleeping properly and be bright breezy 'n' cheerful. then you can get back to getting wrecked;)

Don't really wanna trip, do pills, or do stims for a while. G was my last druglove left, and the stilnox(ambien) just woke me up! I wanna do G recreationally in the futurue I guess but atm I'm just trying to get my hands on benzos so I can live thru the week.

^Low dose benzos are a practical short term solution. However seeing as you have already become addicted thinking you can use recreationally seems a risky strategy.

Splatt it sounds to me like you may need a medicaly asisted detox. Have you thought about a short stay in rehab they can help get you the benzos and stuff and are more knowledgable about addiction than a primary care doctor.

Benzo addiction is nothing that bad for me. I went off it with a few days tapering and I was fine. As long as I can get benzos I'm good. May be able to get some tomorrow too. They should help a lot. Benzos I take twice a day max, but the after effects of valium normally last well into the next day for me, especially true when clonazepam was used as well. So benzos are only needed at night. I've felt anxiety from 3 or 4 month+ long benzo binge but when I was running out I just took the absolute minimums (half tablets etc.) to avoid physical w/d. With G there is no tapering.

The Stilnox/Ambien I had last night helped, but i had 20mg to sleep and maybe the after effects are masking the panic and anxiety, just it hasnt crept up on me yet.