• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

m885

Bluelighter
Film: The Bourne Supremacy

I just got back from The Bourne Supremacy, it was awesome. Better than the first two, even, which is rare for a trilogy IMO. Thoughts?

(you mean Ultimatum?)

I saw this last night, thought it was pretty good but not great. Movies where the main character can get out of any situation are pretty sweet IMO, but there were moments where I thought Ultimatum fell flat. The skinny bad guy was just plain corny at times. And I got sick of hearing people say out loud things like, "We're dealing with Bourne." and "You don't know Jason Bourne." and "Security's down? Gotta be Bourne." We get it, Bourne is just as badass as James Bond, sheesh. But yeah, it was pretty sweet otherwise.

Loved it... I haven't seen the other two in awhile, but I think its safe to say this was the best of the trilogy. OF course the usual "Bullshit" moments that go along with movies like this, but it was solid action and suspense throughout.

IMO the best action flick of the summer.

It was ok, better than the second, weaker than the first. The dialogue was cliche for that type of movie, and it wasn't very original.

It was entertaining. Of course (as usual) one has to suspend disbelief ( a huge understatement) especially when you see Matt Damon hardly scathed after turnturtling in a car 10000 fucking times~!

Saw this last week. I really enjoyed it. Good, continuous action.

Solid four stars.

i'm not a fan off the series. sure there's exciting action but the plots have been rather ridiculous. one hilarious indication of their parodic nature is at the end of the first movie, when bourne "finds" the chick somehow at some remote seaside restaurant. there's a loud dolphin sound in the background. check it out. funny shit.

the character is kinda like james bond but more emo.

don't get me wrong, i'll see the third, but i expect cheap and unfullfilling thrills just as in the first two, but there're much worse action films being made.

it was entertaining, but it was the idea for one scene that they made 2h long

I thought it was quite clever how the entirety of the third film in the series, took place within the timeframe of the second film's final scenes.

Nice idea.

I saw it at the cinema and quite enjoyed it. May even devote some bandwidth to it.

i watched this last night (my fault for bumping this with my vote ;)) and i loved every minute of it.

who cares about the storyline? there wasn't really one. it was just a chase movie, simple as that.

the ultraviolence dished out by jason bourne was amazing, as ever. jesus christ, i would love to have him on my side in a fight. =D

tambourine-man said:
I thought it was quite clever how the entirety of the third film in the series, took place within the timeframe of the second film's final scenes.
really?

\oblivious

*shrug*

Best blockbuster of last year & a great end to a superb series.

Ultimatum in particular has a breathless pace to it, without ever feeling needlessly hyperactive, which is a real triumph of directing & editing.

i thought this movie was more boring than it was action, but i still gave it a "3". entertaining to me is not matt damon with virtually no lines, him continuously being chased and just repetition of the last 2 movies. i guess it was a good closure movie to say the least, but not overall entertaining.

I really enjoyed this movie, not unlike the first two.
Intreagued about Tambo's comment that the third movie is timed directly after the finish of the second. Hmm

After about 3/4 of the way through it I sorta realised they were just following a formula used in the first two. Apart from that, great movie. 4 stars.

Yeah, in the penultimate scene of the second film, Bourne visited Vladimir Nesky's daughter (to inform her of his involvement in her father's death and the truth of how he and his wife had died).

After this, the final scene shows Pamela Landy sitting at her desk, when she receives a phone call from Bourne and proceeds to tell him of his true identity and date of birth. Bourne makes a crack about her looking tired - thus indicating that he can see her even though she's at her desk in a skyscraper - Moby's "Extreme Ways" chimes in and everyone goes home and fantasises about being that awesome. :D

Cut to the third film...

The third film starts off in Russia after the penultimate scene of the second film - where he has visited Nesky's daughter - and documents his extraction from the havoc he had earlier created in downtown Moscow. Yadda, yadda, yadda... film goes on...

However, towards the end of the third film, the final scene from the second film (in which Pamela Landy receives a call from Bourne) is replayed. Only this time, the words she uses take on a different meaning (some of the biographical information she gives him is a coded message that indicates a location).

Hence, the bulk of the film takes place between these two points in the trilogy's internal chronology.
I'm gonna download it and check my facts. =D

Wow
That a whole added dimmension to the film that is just awesomeness. =D
I wonder if there is other things like this throughout the trilogy. hmm