• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Damages

Zagenth

Bluelighter
Anyone see this new show on FX? I saw the pilot recently, looks pretty good. Albeit a little cutthroat, but still seems pretty good.

I'm definitely going to keep watching, at least until nip/tuck comes back on. :)

The premier got my attention.

I saw most of the premiere and while it looks interesting, I have a hard time taking Ted Dansen seriously.

Anyone watching this still?

It's definitely got me interested, I can't quite piece everything together, but it's fun to try.

The acting is great on this show, Glenn Close is Patty Hewes and Danson does a good job with Frobisher, his cool, cocky billionaire manner.

It's amazing how everyone backstabs each other and they lie and betray right to each others face.

Man, thread from the fucking past. I'm only bumping this because 1. the show is awesome and 2. I have a question about Season 4:

NSFW:
Who the fuck is Ellen/Patty's client? It has to be 'the families' but you never see any of the family members. If it's wrongful death they need clients. It seems unlikely and bizarre that they never talked to any of the families or that the families weren't fucking calling every 2 days asking about the case. It's equally if not moreso unlikely that High Star didn't try to get to the families during the whole shitshow.. whatevs. It was still an excellent season.

Man, thread from the fucking past. I'm only bumping this because 1. the show is awesome and 2. I have a question about Season 4:

NSFW:
Who the fuck is Ellen/Patty's client? It has to be 'the families' but you never see any of the family members. If it's wrongful death they need clients. It seems unlikely and bizarre that they never talked to any of the families or that the families weren't fucking calling every 2 days asking about the case. It's equally if not moreso unlikely that High Star didn't try to get to the families during the whole shitshow.. whatevs. It was still an excellent season.

NSFW:
I believe that in the first half of the season they got the families to sign on. I'm going to guess budget cuts (from the switch to DirecTV) are the reason no drama was manufactured regarding the families late in the season. They just sort of signed on, and the case only lasted a month or two at the most, and it was over. It wasn't like the Frobisher case where you had families waiting on money for years, these guys were hardly prepared to receive anything before High Star self destructed.

Awesome fucking show. I'm going to be sad to see this and Breaking Bad end so soon. I cannot think of anything else of that kind of quality airing right now.

NSFW:
Yeah, I guess they didn't want to hire more actors/detract from the main story for a more boring storyline but in reality (lol applying reality to this show) the families would be heavily involved regardless of how long the case took.

I too am really sad to see these two shows go but there's still several dramas that interest me: Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Hell on Wheels and The Walking Dead.

Holy shit the finale was outstanding. How often does that happen? Just got around to watching it tonight, as I couldn't last night, and I'm truly amazed at how awesome this season turned out to be. After I finished season 2, I came to the realization that no season would surpass season 1, but damn. 5 officially surpasses it.

I havent watched this yet, but I got season 1 ready to go sometime, I hope I get into it, it sounds like there's a few fans on here, so i have good hopes for it. :)

Just finished S1 and I'm impressed. There are so few good series on TV these days, as most still subscribe to the serial model, where the main story arc wraps up in a nice, tidy bow by the end of each episode (I'm looking at you Chuck, Dollhouse, etc). I much prefer arcs that last an entire season and progress slowly, and Damages delivers in this regard.

Got S2 ready to go.. Just got to find time to watch it.

3/4 of the way thru season 1 and i'm pretty addicted! I really want to know how all this pans out lol...

Great show, glad i read this thread and got into it.

Saw season 1 a while back and really liked it, Must get cracking on Season 2 now.

Ted Danson was brillliant in this :)
The general tone of the show reminded me a lot of the movie "Devils Advocate"