View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Billionare builds semi-secret underground party lair, underneath his house

Koosh

Bluelighter
Billionare builds semi-secret underground party lair, underneath his house
Friday, July 20th, 2007 | 12:58PM

Meet Henry T. Nicholas III. He made a killing when the company he formed with a friend -- Broadcom -- went public, in 1998. He cashed in, and it netted him over a billion dollars.

A billion bucks is not a bad lump of a cash -- but what to spend it on? You can only have so many yachts, Lamborghinis, islands, and gold-plated iPods before you get bored. So Henry T. Nicholas III decided on a plan, and thought it was 'high' time he brought his partying up a notch. Making good use of his keen business acumen, Mr. Nicholas (III) invested money into copious amounts of cocaine, veritable mountains of ecstasy, a continuously restocked treasure-chest full of prostitutes, and ludicrously amazing stereo equipment. Using powers of logical thought processes, Henry figured he needed a suitable location for all of these investments -- so, it seemed like a good idea to build a semi-secret, underground, unqualifiedly debaucherous mega-party grotto -- right underneath his house.

A mega-party grotto is one way to spice up your life. Perhaps taking inspiration from the Batcave, Nicholas had hidden doors, mysterious levers, and secret tunnels built to connect him to his lair. Making use of his acute business-sense and "maniac obsession for prostitutes", he had the prototype of his party-lair built close by, in a warehouse. Some people referred to this place as his "personal brothel." One unhappy time, his wife caught him involved with in the middle of a fluid-exchange service transaction with a prostitute. Usually, however, Mr. Nicholas kept things a bit more under wraps: he had his party-lair finished up while he was in wife was in Hawaii.

This ultimate venue of subterranean terror went by the name of the "Pond", or "Ponderosa." According to one source, the place was "infamous for its excessive extravagance [. . .] sex rooms [and] million-dollar sound equipment." Exploring levels of convenience that can only be bought by millions of dollars, Mr. Nicholas often had guests flown in by private helicopter. He rented the pad off of a nearby hospital. Using logic, one can presume that the hospital had no better use for their helipad.

Shuttled to his purported party-palace, Mr. Nicholas was a generous -- if not an arguably indulgent -- host, and on hand for his guests, he often had "cocaine, Ecstasy, methamphetamines, marijuana, mushrooms, and nitrous oxide [laughing gas]" kicking around his place. To keep things organized, Mr. Nicholas appointed a personal assistant -- a certain Kenji Kato -- as caretaker and overseer of his various illicit consumables.

Mr. Nicholas' underground vortex of inebriation also featured a bar. It was known as "Nick's Cafe", and was about 2,000 square feet.

In 2000, Nicholas told news journalists that his newly built underground construction project was "a pump house." The $30 million dollar subterranean building was nothing more than a way to deal with bothersome water runoff from local horse trails, he claimed.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/story/6917/
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2007/07/suit-claims-bil.html

umm, can someone tell me if this is past, present or future?

this article goes no where. is he on a charge? or did his wife catch him exchaging bodily fluids again?

He is not being charged with anything. Two people who worked on the grotto are suing him because they say he owes them money.

I love this
Nicholas had a construction company build his lair while he and his wife enjoyed a 1-week vacation in Hawaii, and when neighbors complained about the 'guards' blocking off sections near his home and began asking what they were building, Nicholas told them it was a "pump house" for run off water.

Little did anyone know, he was creating a "secret and convenient lair" to be used for "Mr. Nicholas's manic obsession with prostitutes" and his "addiction to cocaine and Ecstasy", according to court papers reports the LA Times. He used his private jet to pick up prostitutes "and bring them back to the Pond for his rock star friends."

"He provided his guests with transportation and cocaine, Ecstasy, methamphetamines, marijuana, mushrooms, and nitrous oxide [laughing gas]".

hahahah
he built it while his wife was on vacation in Hawaii =D

sounds like the place to be. I'm sure it would be fun to visit, but if that were underneath my house I'd probably have 30 STD's and be dead within 6 months
8o :! 8(

djfriendly said:
He is not being charged with anything. Two people who worked on the grotto are suing him because they say he owes them money.
Just 2? I'm pretty sure he's actually looking at MANY people suing him. I guess he would constantly want more stuff done, was a dick about paying, and even made threats to the workers.

dankstersauce said:
hahahah
he built it while his wife was on vacation in Hawaii =D

sounds like the place to be. I'm sure it would be fun to visit, but if that were underneath my house I'd probably have 30 STD's and be dead within 6 months
8o :! 8(
But would they have been the best 6 months of your life?

bingalpaws said:
Just 2? I'm pretty sure he's actually looking at MANY people suing him. I guess he would constantly want more stuff done, was a dick about paying, and even made threats to the workers.

From the article linked above:

"Computer chip billionaire Henry T. Nicholas III had plans for construction at his estate that went a little beyond a swimming pool, according to a pair of California lawsuits."

Though certainly the artlce could be mistaken.

Maybe it was many people forming 1 lawsuit, like the general contractor filing a lawsuit on behalf of his company and all his subcontractors. I'll try to find where I read that, although I'm pretty sure it was on fark, so that's a helluvalotta searching to find.... If I have time en la manana I'll try to find it.

Mile-below club destination down
NEW YORK: Never mind the mile-high club. The latest adventure for well-heeled travellers seeking the ultimate romantic destination is the mile-below club - with membership restricted to passengers in private luxury submarines.

Manufacturers of some of the world's most exclusive underwater conveyances are boasting of the sexual possibilities of submersible cabins equipped with "large panoramic viewports" that allow exhibitionists to indulge their fantasies in front of an audience of dolphins and lobsters.

Tucked away in a routine interview with the Bloomberg news agency last week was a startling claim by one of the submarine world's best-known designers that some of his clients may be more interested in what goes on inside the sub than the view through the acrylic portholes.

According to Bloomberg, Herve Jaubert, a former French navy commando who founded Exomos, a Dubai-based company that builds personal submarines, "says he has clients who wrestle with how to conduct a deep-sea love affair in front of an observation window without creating an underwater incident".

Jaubert did not return calls last week but Bruce Jones, president of US Submarines, a Seattle-based luxury builder, said he had heard of underwater romance being interrupted by curious dolphins.

"Dolphins are easily excited when they sense people making love," Mr Jones said. "They get jealous and bang their noses on the windows."

Several billionaires have reportedly added a submarine to their super-yacht collections.

And earlier this year Hollywood mega-couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were reported to be shopping for an 85m yacht that comes with a glass-fronted submarine stowed in its hull.
http://theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,,22080453-30417,00.html?from=public_rss

I'll get mine in yellow, thanks :D

I just scanned the article so I don't think it's mentioned in there, but I believe it was steve jobs (of apple computers) whose already got one of these beast done up in yellow!

Still, subs just don't top secret underground party lairs. Those are about the coolest shit I've ever heard. Could you imagine a night partying there? JESUS!

Chubba75 said:
Damn :(

Money CAN buy happiness.

Nah, you just hand it to someone and they hand you something back. You're the only person who makes you happy.

Nah I will back this up, the more money I get, the happier I become, and this whole "money don't make ya happy" deal is just a conspiracy by rich fucks to keep ya poor.

lurkerguy said:
Nah I will back this up, the more money I get, the happier I become, and this whole "money don't make ya happy" deal is just a conspiracy by rich fucks to keep ya poor.

when my mom died n' the money came from her life insurance oh man, woo talk about happy.... heh yea right. your a fool if u think money buys happiness.

money makes me happier .. i guess it doesn't make you happy forever but shit, when i have money i'm a happy camper