• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ambien trip?

its420time

Bluelighter
I have heard from some people that you can 'trip' or see some hallucinations when you take ambien. Has anyone expierenced this? I know there was one report on it on BL but I wanna know more..

I took 2 and was majorly fucked up!
I was seeing doubles and stumbling then I fell asleep. Not really a "trip" but fun anyway
------------------
Blow Me Up Again...
Pleeeeeeease!

weird.. very strange.. and yeah take 2 and there are some visual distortion.. right before you pass the F#%k out.
~k

It's odd I missed this post because I was going to start one on the same subject.
I have a friend who has an endless supply of this stuff, and I tried it for the first time a few weeks ago. All I can say is WOW!
It's not super intense, but I was quite surprised at it's effects considering that its a prescription drug. I didn't get any open-eye visuals (oev) but I did get INSANE, bizarre closed-eye visuals (not to mention a wicked mind trip). It's a sleep aid, but the thing is you can stay awake if you want. I took 3 and stayed awake for several hours.. (although I don't remember much) From what I understand its considered a 'hypnotic' drug.. but what that specifically means I don't know.
and a word of warning to those who try it--do not mix with alcohol! I don't know if it's listed on the bottle but you can have some seriously bad things happen to you if you mix it with alcohol. I had to babysit a friend all night (and later take to the ER) because he drank quite a bit of alcohol before eating the ambien. He ended up passing out while standing up and falling head first into the corner of a counter.. blood everywhere, concussion.. bad stuff.. not to mention the way he felt from the drug/alcohol combo. be careful and watch over each other if theres more than one of you doing it.

how do you feel in the morning after taking this stuff to fall asleep? do you feel kinda unrefreshed like when you take a benzo to knock yourself out or..

Thanks for the suggestion. I am really not a big fan of alcohol but I will keep that in mind if some dork tries to mix the two together.
starshine, do you think I would get similar effects from just 10mg? I just ordered em online and I am just curious.

Actually I felt like a new person the next morning. Normally I'm a nightowl and wake up just in time to take a shower and go to work (usually wake up around 2 or 3 pm) but after taking ambien I slept for about 5 or 6 hours and felt more rested than I do off of 8 or 9. It is just as the commercial for it says- 'you wake up feeling rested and ready to face the day'.
Another word of warning- this, like other sleep aids, can be addictive if you misuse it. It's fun and I was quite tempted to do it again the next night, but didn't.

Pardon my ignorance, but is it 10mg/pill? If so I think you'll get something out of it. I took one about 4 days ago because I had one pill left and I actually was having a hard time getting to sleep. I ended up taking it, then a friend stopped by. He brought a big crate of records and we ended up staying awake a good part of the night, but I don't remember much of it though =) From talking to other ppl that do this it's a pretty common thing to not recall the events of the night before.
But -- to answer your question 10mg should be enough. It's a new buzz.. well not quite a buzz really, but something new nonetheless...

I have tripped on ambien around 5-6 times, and I've found the best way to get a fun mindfuck and some pretty weird ass morphing/moving/dripping visuals is to eat 10mg, and around 15-20 minutes later snort another 5-10mg (depending on how fucked up you feel like getting and how long you wanna sleep for afterwards). The snorting seems to kickstart the trip into gear, instead of waiting for the gradual 'coming up' of just swallowing. Once you've snorted the 5-10mg, the other 10 mg you ate should begin to kick in as well shortly after (for some reason, ambien is an EXTREMELY fast-acting drug, it takes effect normally within 30 minutes of swallowing. Just remember to peel off the outer casing of the ambien you intend on snorting, I dont exactly know what its made of, but I'm pretty sure you dont want it going up your nose. Anyway, ambien can be a pretty fun and definitely interesting experience, and unlike acid, once you feel like you've had enough, you can just lay down and fall asleep with absolutely no problems.
-c
------------------
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein

So what's the concensus - Ambien has a small amount of recreational value? a great deal of recreational value? or none at all?

it's interesting that this post is on here
smile.gif

i've never heard of ambien 'till today when my friend had some. he had 1 left, I bought it for $3. It said "AMB 5" on one side and just some numbers on the other so I figured it's probably a 5 mg pill, I just took it about 20 minutes ago. I've noticed some slight effects but nothing specific yet, I'm getting ready to smoke a small bowl of shrooms
smile.gif
unfortunately I'm out of weed
frown.gif

If this experience progresses any, I'll be sure to come back here and make another post

Well, this stuff gives a fairly pleasant buzz. I wouldn't mind taking one more, but it's not so bad by itself. Didn't really kick in for an hour or so. I'd suggest smokin' bud with it
smile.gif

And It does seem to work better than any other AID for sleep, like Dalmane.
But I got hit in 10 min and its a uniqe feeling, the only rec value I find is when Im home for the night and want to get some sleep and a lil' buzz. Not something to be tossed

And It does seem to work better than any other AID for sleep, like Dalmane.
But I got hit in 10 min and its a uniqe feeling, the only rec value I find is when Im home for the night and want to get some sleep and a lil' buzz. Not something to be tossed

I also order Ambien online. In fact I just took 1-10mg pill about 30 mins ago and am feeling a quite pleasent little buzz. Here are the other experiences...that I can remember... I once took one several hours after taking a half a bean that had DXM in it. I was FUCKED UP. I was having visuals and seeing double. My bf has taken a few and had always enjoyed them. Last week we went to breakfast right after he took it and he was seeing mad doubles on everything. It was funny. Last night took an Ambien and smoked a bowl. Things were just getting interesting when it knocked me the fuck out! Right now I'm in a mild Ambien trip. I'm typing ok but the screen and the letters on my post are moving. This is only on 10mg which is my norm if I can't sleep, 5mg if I just need a little help sleeping, and 20mg for fun before sleeping.

Ambien is good for rec in my opinion. Seeing doubles and triples is common and considered fun by many. Taking 10 or 15mg and then snorting a little more is a good idea as stated above. More and more people are beginning to hear about it's rec value.

I have a question for you blowthefuckupgirlie!
You said you took an amb with half a bean with it. You also said that it had DXM in it. Was it MDMA with DXM or just a bunk DXM pill?
If it was MDMA what was the combo like? I'm now curious about what the effects of combining the two would be. I don't know enough about it yet, so I'm not sure I want to combine a depressant (I'm not sure if that's what its categorized as.. but you get my idea) and stimulant such as MDMA. Does anyone know of any possible drug interactions? I've checked the FAQ's and I didn't see anything on combining with ambien, or even see it listed.. Maybe someone who has some medical background can shed some light on specifically what ambien is and how it affects you? Maybe on any possible interactions with stimulants such as MDMA?

With more and more people recreationally using this, perhaps it would be a good idea to create 'list all' about this drug. I've found some deatailed information about it.
I'll start it as a new thread with that info.

I had been "borrowing" my aunts ambiens lately(10mg) and it fucks wiht my mind! The first time i took it I was sitting here at the computer and all of a sudden i started hearing noises all around me, and all of a sudden I drop to the floor and act like Im molding it! I was seriously fucked, adn i was talking to a friend at the time, and he told me the next day that I was writing some crazy ass shit the night before, and all my typing was fucked, lkkie htiss pia waszg witrinhfg. Its fucking cool.

sorry to digress from the topic, but linolium said:
I'm getting ready to smoke a small bowl of shrooms unfortunately I'm out of weed
Was that a joke? Why are you smoking shrooms?