• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: The Twilight Zone

fengtau

Bluelight Crew
Today I saw 2 DVD sets series of the complete Twilight Zone. 1 was from the earlier days (in black and white) and the other was from the later years.

Which one is better? I am thinking of getting one of them.

fengtau said:
Today I saw 2 DVD sets series of the complete Twilight Zone. 1 was from the earlier days (in black and white) and the other was from the later years.

Which one is better? I am thinking of getting one of them.

The older one, of course.

the older one is better, but some of the new ones are pretty good, too (although i haven't seen them since the original air dates).

i don't think any of the sets available here have the episodes in the proper order, which drives me totally batshit.

oh god, how i love the old black and white twilight zone.
some of the best television ever made.

yeah i love the black and white ones.
while not being scary, they have a creepy quality to them. the one where the guy cuts off his tongue is great :)

anybody see that black and white episode, where the kid could make things disappear

That one's called "It's a good life". It's one of the best and creepiest ones.

"I'm going to wish you to the cornfield."

To Serve Man

This one was one of the best, also.

Spoiler:
NSFW:
"it's a cookbook!"..."sooner or later...we'll all be on the menu." LO fucking L

I liked to watch every serie when it ran(not at origianal publised time). There was some other serie that I can't remember name that was idendical to that and was great it was around 1992 I think. Can someone know what I mean? Serie name?

My favorite episodes are "Where is Everybody?" (the first one), "The Hitchhiker", "Five Characters in Search of an Exit", "A Stop at Willoughby", "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" .... it keeps going actually. I always watch the marathon on Sci-Fi before I head out on New Years Eve. :)

the old one is the best i have all these on dvd
Twilight Zone, The - The Definitive Edition - Season 1,2,3
and vol 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,14,15,18

rod serling taught at my alma mater (ithaca). they have all kinds of cool twilight zone related shit in the library there.

anyways, the old ones are definitely far superior, especially for his atmospheric introductions and twisted social commentaries disguised as innocuous fantasy.

my all time favorite is "the monsters are due on maple street." it says a lot about the politics of fear mongering and is probably even more on point now than it was when it first ran.

also, remember the one where marilyn monroe was supposedly hideous? and the "i sing the body electric" one? goddamn, i could keep reeling them off, but you get my point.

on a side note, i think the twilight zone DVD set is out of print now, so hop on that bad boy.

i haven't seen the new ones... but the old ones are better :)