• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opiate Withdrawl / Help

kevz

Bluelighter
Hey guys. I want to quit using Heroin and Oxycodone. My mind just seems to blank right now and I will soon be in withdrawl. What is the best way about going to get the right help and/or medication? I have been in outpatient program before and I have been to detox. I currently have no insurance which fucks a lot of things up (excuse me for the language). I`m only 19 years old. I'm so tired of having to depend on a substance to get by, again sorry for sounding so cliche, but thats how I feel. It's everywhere I go. What can I do? Sorry for not UTFSE. Bear with me!

i know how you are feeling man, that feeling right before you start to get sick and your mind races about what you will do. i would try and get some meds to help the WD if you plan on detoxing. get some ibuprofin, loperamide ( TO BE TAKEN ORALLY lol) some benedryl to sleep. and if you can get other meds like clonidine or benzos, then grab those too.

or if you think your habbit is too big to do yourself. i would go to a catholic hospital, they cant turn anyone away (or so i have heard)

when you go in fill out the form in the ER and list the symptoms you are having. cold sweats, stomach pains weakness ect ect...make it seem like you dont know why you feel that shitty. they will ask you a bunch of questions about your prior health and so on, once they cant figure out whats wrong with you, tell them you think you might be WDing from pain medicne, that you are not sure. they should help you out. just make sure it seems like its your first time and have never been in WD before. if they think u are some junkie in there trying to scam meds they will toss you.

if that doesnt work and they try and discharge you with out treating you, tell them you are going to kill yourself, and they have to admit you, once they admit you, you can prolly get into a detox program. most hosptials have them.

obviously things can turn out anywhich way, but that is some advice that might help you.

i dont want ppl to think this is how to scam the dr's, but if you actually want and need treatment, if you seem like some junkie they will most likely turn you away. if you seem like you are in WD for the first time, they are more likely to help you, im thinking the rationale is since this is the patients first time, if they take care of the problem now, it wont be an issue in the future. it never works out like that, but you get the idea.

HOMELESS to TDS, with a nudge to UTFSE while you have time ;)

medicine cabinet said:
if that doesnt work and they try and discharge you with out treating you, tell them you are going to kill yourself, and they have to admit you, once they admit you, you can prolly get into a detox program. most hosptials have them.
BAD IDEA

yes, they will be forced to admit you, but once you do this you are litterally putting your life on their hands and they WILL LOCK YOU UP for at LEAST a week. psych wards not a pretty place, definitely not one to detox in.:p

Some herbals can help too, esp. kava. Also, L-tryptophan and/or melatonin, probably better for sleep than benadryl. Also, loratadine can help with the itching.

Last edited:
Free said:
BAD IDEA

yes, they will be forced to admit you, but once you do this you are litterally putting your life on their hands and they WILL LOCK YOU UP for at LEAST a week. psych wards not a pretty place, definitely not one to detox in.:p

are you in the US? cause the ppl i know who have done this were only in there for 2 days, tops. once they see you are not serious and only wanted treatment, they wqill discharge you.

How much are/were you using ? How often and for how long ?

Answer these questions then we may begin :)

dude we've all been there just try and deal. the worst will be over in 1 weeks time then its just a mental battle. if you want to succeed you will if you want to fail you will. it all depends on you. life is long and could be great this is just a small small shitty piece of it.

good luck,

a-d

i wud get myself admitted to a detox unit if i were u
ive bn thru detox just back in march this yr to get off opiates and meth
i wudnt suggest u go on the methadone program cos then u just get addicted to methadone
ur best bet is going on suboxone and tapering the dose of that
i was given tapering doses of suboxone over 2 weeks while i was in detox
after that i went into a support house where i was forced to go to NA and daily group therapy - i was still cold, sweaty, snivelly and shaky with the runs (mildly) for the next couple of weeks but it was mild enough to bear (just like a mild flu bug)
if u want to get off the dope ull do it, but i definitely suggest doing a program of sum kind and going thru a detox unit

I managed to get some Suboxone and I am taking 2mg a day. I thought I would have needed more, but since I don't have insurance, I am just coppin' it from friends. Once I run out of Suboxone will my physical withdrawl symptoms come back?

To be honest, I feel kind of lucky. Every time I have ever been in withdrawl, it is totally more physical than mental. I don't even have an urge to do more at all, the only reason I continued to do it was to eliminate my noticable withdrawl symptoms.

I havn't been able to sleep AT ALL while taking my Suboxone though.

And, no not with my allowance. Nice joke tho :p

2mg a day isnt much
i started at 16mg and tapered down slowly from there by 2mg a day
and yes wen i stopped i did still have minor withdrawals (as i said above) but they WERE mild