• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

"Squidgy black hash" just soap bar mixed with vegetable oil?

Josh

Bluelight Crew
Hey there,

There's some 'squidgy black hash' going round the south of the UK at the moment, which is quite dark in colour and with a bit of effort will roll out nicely after a bit of warming in the hands. It smells like hash (although it's not a particularly strong smell) and whilst effectively stoning when smoked it is not a particularly potent high.

I just assumed this to mean that a lot of plant matter made it's way in during production, but a mate of mind said that sometimes a fake squidgy black was produced by mixing normal soap bar with vegetable (or other) oil. I had a quick google for this and nothing came up so was wondering if anyone else had heard of this practise, or whether it was pure heresay?

Please move to CD if more appropriate, but thought this might be better suited to a local forum...

I've never heard of that specific example, but it really wouldn't suprise me with all the shit skunk going round as well.

Felt the skunk situation had improved over the last couple of months (or else all my guys had wised up to it and found better contacts). Just recently it's been dead but it always is around this time of the year coz it's festival season! :)

Haven't come across it myself (thank goodness!!!) and can't reconcile a squidgy black hash with something that doesn't have you in Shiva's employ ;) - thanks for the warning, though, as I'm always trying to bring some Himalayan loveliness down to ground %)

^ many many moons ago I encountered false squidgy black only one btch , my guess is that it is/was some sort of reprrss or cash crazy capitalist created concoction.

Funny that you say many moons ago because the one time I had that squidgy black hash, we had some decent hash with it and were looking at the moon.

Anyway, back then we called it shoe polish. It was crap and it used to liquify on the joint.

^ not quite that bad. but really shit anyway

Cheers for the replies, so nobody has actually heard of this particular way of cutting then? I'm starting to think it may be an urban legend that my mate has heard...

As discussed via PM, we'll move to CD and see if it gets any response from a more specific audience.

MOVED: EADD ---> CD

Just as a point of interest, vegetable oil isn't exactly odour-free... especially when it's heated. I'd have thought you'd notice the smell if it were true.

Squidgy black has been going around for years. Didn't people used to call it 'paki black' or 'afghan'?

Resurrecting this thread....

Just got some top notch squidgy recently and it kicked ass!

Your just broke off a tiny piece (pea-sxied or less) and rolled and rolled it out until it resembled a long brown thin strand, laid it ona bed of tobacco and off Iwent.

It smoked REALLY smooth, almost so you couldn't taste it all but then suddenly after three or four tokes, BAM! You're fucked!

This is Kent, South-East England.

I've been smoking for 12 years and this was the FIRST occasion EVER that I came across the very strong, effective in miniscule amounts, legendary squidgy.

Anyone care to speculate why it's so damned rare? Ditto pollen? Both these types of hasihsh are way more potent than normal solid hash (affectionately known as "soapbar" in the UK) and therefore are smaller in size and weight, therefore take up less space adn consquently must be easier to smuggle.

Why isn't ALL illegal hashish eith pollen or squidgy or some other super strong variety?

Resurrecting this thread....

Just got some top notch squidgy recently and it kicked ass!

Your just broke off a tiny piece (pea-sxied or less) and rolled and rolled it out until it resembled a long brown thin strand, laid it ona bed of tobacco and off Iwent.

It smoked REALLY smooth, almost so you couldn't taste it all but then suddenly after three or four tokes, BAM! You're fucked!

This is Kent, South-East England.

I've been smoking for 12 years and this was the FIRST occasion EVER that I came across the very strong, effective in miniscule amounts, legendary squidgy.

Anyone care to speculate why it's so damned rare? Ditto pollen? Both these types of hasihsh are way more potent than normal solid hash (affectionately known as "soapbar" in the UK) and therefore are smaller in size and weight, therefore take up less space adn consquently must be easier to smuggle.

Why isn't ALL illegal hashish eith pollen or squidgy or some other super strong variety?

cost peraps? this skunk is ok, but i'd rather have the wide choice of hash.
you'd have loved the 80's, we used to get a whole smorgasbord of diff hash, i'm from a small town and all the dealers woud have something different.
the blacks [paki; golfball; afgani, red label, gold seal, double eagle, etc], diff moroccans[soap - nothing like modern soap bar, zero-zero, madeline], lebanese[red, gold], persian etc

it was all fields around here too in them days

OP - there used to be a fake black called formula, it was made in the lab allegedly, no hit, but as black was usually a creeper you'd smoke a fair bit before deciding you'd been burnt.

Soap bar? is extremely low quality hash, often cut with a variety of non cannabis products, including henna,soap, coffee, bits of rubber and plastic, and basically anyhting the dealer can add to it to add color and/or weight.
surprising to have any affection for something like that.

Good premium hash is rare simply because of the difficulty and cost of making it. Few people would like to take the time and turn really great buds into really great hash and would rather just sell it.

i got some really good squidgy afgan hash in brighton not long ago on holiday, the type you roll into a worm and place into your joint then roll.. it has a distincly peppery smell and gives a very soothing mellow high imo.. i prefer it to weed allthough its quite expensive

theres some decent quality gold seal afghani going around scotland just now! Its being sold for £10 a g!!! 8)

Really good quality though, have had plenty afghani in the past that was £5 a gram but nowhere near as good. Even although i'd still far rather smoke my weed faaar nicer to smoke and better buzz imo

will try and post some pictures of different bits at the weekend as theres a few here just now :D

Squidgy black

i've just got sum exellent squidgy from near my town, it's quite light and in the right hands gives a superb high. the skunk is also rather good, i think there's some good seeds and cuttings going round. as for soap bar mixed with oil! well iv'e only heard of it once before but that was from a "hardcore smoker, so not much there, but it wouldn't supprise me at all if some knob has tryed that!

Well if i had the choice of White Widow, Soap Bar or this 'Squidgy'. The black stuff is definatly bottom of the list! nothing like it used to be!

hi all

i got some of this squidgy black in the south of ireland recently

really nice stuff,although a little expensive its the best hash ive found around here in a long time

reminded me of the caramello hash in the dam

roll on!