PDA

View Full Version : Crack vs Freebase

METHod Man
18-02-2001, 23:49
Anyone know of there is any difference between smoking crack and smoking freebase? Friend of mine says that freebase is cooked with ether and crack is just baking soda with water or something.

Felonium
19-02-2001, 00:13
There's no difference. Crack = Cocaine Freebase.
Cocaine HCl = this is the stuff you snort.
Cocaine = this is cocaine freebase or crack.
The two most comman methods of obtaining freebase/crack from cocaine HCl is by using 1) Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and water and 2) Ammonia, water, and ether. BOth methods remove the HCl from the molecule leaving cocaine freebase/crack.

luckE_Z
19-02-2001, 16:07
I believe you could actually go through a long procedure to get freebase cocaine in the form of an oil. Is this true?
But yeah, generally freebase = crack ..........but doesnt it sound nicer to say "im smoking freebase?" http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/wink.gif

outkast
19-02-2001, 21:29
actually there is a difference between free-base and crack, but everyone still considers crack free-base.
in free-base cocaine the hydrochloride is removed from the salt form of cocaine, freeing it from it as a free base. the technique for making this is extreemely dangerous though, because it is necessary to treat the coke with highly flammable agents such as ether. if the free bass still contains some ether residue, igniting the drug could cause it to explode into flames.
crack is the result of cheaper and safer method of doing this, including baking soda in the process. both produce the same effect, a smokeable form of cocaine, however, crack includes baking soda as well.
peace, outkast

DrDuckbutt
19-02-2001, 21:57
outkast is right...freebase and crack are definitely not the same. this has been debated before and you nca either take my word for it or someone elses. its that simple. i am seasoned enough in smoking rocks that i can tell the difference just from teh taste. they are distinct in smell, flavor, adn even the high is slightly different. freebase is way more potent. its that simple. btw, the ether method is bullshit. you will blow up your neighborhood doing that shit. just do it with ammonia then cook it like k. all you wanna do is evaporate it off. its easy when you get teh hang of it...

Felonium
20-02-2001, 07:43
Try to understand what going on here. Sodium hydroxide strips the HCl off of the the cocaine HCl molecule. Ammonia does the same. Both methods strip the HCl molecule off of the the cocaine HCl leave the freebase cocaine. Variations in methods and materials will cause noticable quality differences however, the final product from each method it the same: Cocaine Freebase /crack

Felonium
20-02-2001, 07:44
Try to understand what going on here. Sodium hydroxide strips the HCl off of the the cocaine HCl molecule. Ammonia does the same. Both methods strip the HCl molecule off of the the cocaine HCl leave the freebase cocaine. Variations in methods and materials will cause noticable quality differences however, the final product from each method it the same: Cocaine Freebase /crack

PhreeX
21-02-2001, 08:25
"Freebase" is what ravers call crack, because smoking crack is EVIL, but whats the harm in a little freebase at the after party?
Crack = freebase cocaine, wether you use ammoina or baking soda, the final product is the same (when done correctly) ..
Ether? How does that come into the picture? If yer working *UP* to a cocaine base then you use ether, but when you simply want to reduce it from it's HCl salt *BACK* to a base, you only need something like baking soda..
If you want good crack, then go to your local ghetto - any area with a an "MLK Jr. Blvd" is a good place.. ravers just cant cook the shit properly...
------------------
"When I saw the extent of my empire, I wept, for there were no more nations to conquer"