• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Advice Needed - Doing acid for the first time

born2drop

Bluelighter
firstly, ive already looked at erowid and it doesnt seem to give the advice i need for a safe first trip.
ive been dropping E and smoking weed for a while now so naturally im gonna try acid. ive got hold of some, seems to be ok and i trust the guy i got it from but i need some advice.
under what conditions should i take it? are there any things i should/shouldnt do beforehand or during the trip? how long will it lats? what will the effects be? will it give me these flashbacks i hear about? how do i avoid a bad trip? most importantly, how do i take it? - do i leave the blotter on my tongue, how long for, do i chew the paper or spit it out???
etc etc
please note -this is on one trip, not a whole sheet.
i know this is alot to ask but any help would be really appreciated because i really wanna try it, but i obviously want to be safe to....
all my thanks.

First of all...
Honestly, I don't think you're going to get really fucked on one hit of paper. Honestly, I dropped three hits of liquid the first time I did it. I tripped my balls off, harder than I will probably ever trip again (this shit was strong). Anyway, what I'm saying is, because I was an experienced drug user, I knew how to handle it.
Just relax...you will be able to handle one hit of paper acid without any trouble. Hang out with friends in the small chance that it does go awry. I always find that when I'm tripping hard, it's always good to have close friends around to talk to.
You will be fine, I promise. Honestly, I'd drop 2/3 hits of paper if I were you, but I might be wrong, this could be stronger than most paper I've had.
The thing with acid is, just relax, remind yourself, it's just a drug/trip. You'll have fun if you keep your head.
------------------
DJ SHEX---
"They say hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I don't want to take my chances." ~Me

Oh by the way.
I usually suck on the paper for like 3-4 minutes, and then I just swallow it. Have some antacid ready...I notice my stomach gets really acidy (duh!) and Tums should help with that feeling.
------------------
DJ SHEX---
"They say hard work doesn't harm anyone, but I don't want to take my chances." ~Me

under what conditions should i take it?
for yer first time...try not to move around town...somewhere u feel safe and secure and somewhere that's not chaotic and confusing...play yer favorite music and keep a sane, sober babysitter with u at all times...lightshows (glowsticks, photons, etc, etc) are nice while yer fried.
are there any things i should/shouldnt do beforehand or during the trip?
don't get into any drama before yer trip...a bad mood wil make for a bad trip...during yer trip concentrate on the positive things...this is yer vacation from reality...leave all yer worries behind...
how long will it last?
i've been on trips which have lasted over 12 hours...off a single tab...gotta love them double dipped...
what will the effects be?
it's different for everyone, consult erowid.org for some of the common effects...
will it give me these flashbacks i hear about?
only if during your trip u have some profound enlightenment or significant revalation will u get flashbacks...my flashbacks are more like nostalgia than a total relapse of the trip...nothing outta control...
how do i avoid a bad trip?
don't dwell on negativity...try to avoid negativity from being introduced into the trip...don't resist the acid...let it kill yer ego...let only your mind exist...
most importantly, how do i take it? - do i leave the blotter on my tongue, how long for, do i chew the paper or spit it out???
i leave the tab on my tounge till it gets soft...then i roll it around on my tounge till it starts breaking up...then i swallow whatever is left...hell...i even lick the baggie or foil it came in...i love acid...don't fear it and you will have fun...

firstly, ive already looked at erowid and it doesnt seem to give the advice i need for a safe first trip.
Actually there is lots of good advice - did you REALLY look or are you just saying that?
under what conditions should i take it?
Drop in a happy setting.. a rave or club can be a bit intimidating for yer first time..
are there any things i should/shouldnt do beforehand or during the trip?
Do whatever feels right.. I wouldn't eat a big meal right before the trip, as you will probably get a bit sick.. and no, if you kill someone while under the influance you can NOT get off on a temporary insanity charge..
how long will it lats?
8-12 hours, and don't expect to sleep right away..
what will the effects be?
You see pretty colors, things "breathe" and you reflect on all kinds of goofy shit that is "philososopical" or "deep" .. suddenly Phish (the band) will make sense ..
will it give me these flashbacks i hear about?
Flashbacks are not caused by the LSD.. any traumatic experience can cause a "flashback" .. the entire idea of being in a board meeting one day and suddenly being back in the trip is DARE propaganda..
how do i avoid a bad trip?
Focus on positive things, and more then anything, remember that the trip WILL end and that the negetive things are a result of the DRUG .. also don't trip around people named Seth ..
most importantly, how do i take it? - do i leave the blotter on my tongue, how long for, do i chew the paper or spit it out???
All of the LSD is absorbed into you body within a few seconds of the tab hitting your tounge.. just let it set on your tounge for a minute then swallow..
There is also no such thing as "double dipped" acid, nor is there any strychnine in acid ..
Enjoy!
------------------
"When I saw the extent of my empire, I wept, for there were no more nations to conquer"

Dont expect to trip nuts off one hit. My first time was off one red gel tab and I only saw patterns and everything was wierd and shit, and objects and walls breathed, while I had a crazy ass body buzz. It was fun, but not as mind blowing as I expected.

Hey...I just tripped my first time last night, and it was only off one hit of liquid. It was actually very amazing for me...probably not as visual as it could be, but mentally profound. I really liked it, so good luck with it all. I just suggest that you be around people you know, and don't have any particular expectations...the rest will just come to you.

umm this is for the person who said dont expect to trip much off one hit of paper...bullshit.
Doesnt matter, Ive tripped my hardest off ONE hit of paper, whereas Ive had upto 12 hits of liquid that didnt do nearly as much. It really depends on the potency, but I would say there is a good chance that a paper hit might not be strong.
My paper was "Grateful Dead Acid" and the sheet had a big skull design on it. Anyways, the "tracers" that I normally see stayed for at least 5 seconds! and changed into a few different colors before leaving. WEIRD SHIT. Then the fucking Keebler Elf ran out of my closet and decided to start talking to me. I was like WHAT THE FUCK. The only bad thing was that it made my leg muscles tense up pretty bad, but other than that it was cool