• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Acid in the 60s

Tad

Bluelighter
I've heard that in the 60s people took doses that were 100 times as powerful as what people generally take today. Is there any truth to this myth?

use some common sense. what do you think. does that sound logical?
-Spencer

People eating up to a dozen hits of 100x potent acid. Thats like us eating 1200 hits. What do you think?

Well, the acid was generally stronger but nowhere near 100 times. A very good hit now is about 100u where a good hit of barrel or windowpane in the 60's may have approached 400u (a "holy shit is that god?" dose)
That is not to say that some folks didn't take some pretty heroic doses, but they do that today also.

This is just my opinion but like you cant really change the chemical make up of Acid... I mean d-lysergic acid diethylamide is d-lysergic acid diethylamide right??
Ok I may be wrong but I just think its that the hits they took back in the day were stamp sized litterally. So you figure the 5 or 10 millimeter sized hits we do now, if you are doing paper are a mere 10th or even less than the size of hits they used to take back in the sixties. I just think as people got cheep and teh whole hippy give give give movement came to end the hits got smaller and smaller. But if you were to eat a 10 or 20 strip these days it would probobly be just the same trip they had in the sixties. I mean you always hear how hard ppl used to trip and the other day I ate a whole 10 strip plus half of another, 15 total at once and I tripped BALLZ. I have never even come close to tripping that hard. I suggest all you experianced acid users try 10-15 at once
BUT make sure you have someone who is NOT tripping and IS responsable because I wanted to go trick or treating when I did it, I even started to make a costume. I thought it would have been fun other than the fact it was February, about 20 degrees, and 3 in the morning, other than that it would have been a blast. Oh and if your wondering I was gonna be a ghost, what else could I have come up with on such short notice. So my conclusion is trip alot less often maybe once every few months but do ALOT..just be carefull and responsable
------------------
overdose for Christmas.......Give it up for lent

As I have projected a mental picture in my head of your tripping ballz with blanket over your head that you made holes in, and asking some fool for treak or treat at 3am, I was laughing 'til I passed out

I also reccomend high acid doses. The most i ever ate at once was 7, but a few weeks ago i had just 3 hits of LSD-25 (where i live its called fluff) and it was 4 times more intense then the 7. I thought i was in the matrix it was crazy.
im out...
------------------
<ZZZZZ#~~~
"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind." Jack Handey

elhefe,
I just had 3 hits of some real strong acid this past weekend too and also thought I wa sin the matrix at times. things were certainly weird.

Man, that same shit happened to me. I ate some red gel tabs and it began to rain and i thought i wasnt getting wet and it was all just shit the matrix was telling my brain. Pretty wierd....

Well whoever said that they cant change the chemical makeup of acid well that may be tru, but i have read all over the place how the pot of today is way stronger than it was back in the 60's n shit so if the pot is now stronger then why cant the acid...
------------------
THUGZ N KILLAZ, AXEZ N DRUG DEALAZ.....REPRESENT IT TILL THE DAY THAT I DIE FOR LIFE BOY!!!!

Well whoever said that they cant change the chemical makeup of acid well that may be tru, but i have read all over the place how the pot of today is way stronger than it was back in the 60's n shit so if the pot is now stronger then why cant the acid...
------------------
THUGZ N KILLAZ, AXEZ N DRUG DEALAZ.....REPRESENT IT TILL THE DAY THAT I DIE FOR LIFE BOY!!!!

pot can be stronger because it buds aren't the drug it's the thc, and the strains with more thc are the one's that grower's prefer to grow and therefore 'take over' the less strong buds. natural selection. sorta.

From DEA website:
"After a decline in its illicit use after its initial popularity in the 1960s, LSD made a comeback in the
1990s. However, the current average oral dose consumed by users is 30 to 50 micrograms, a
decrease of nearly 90 percent from the 1960 average dose of 250 to 300 micrograms. Lower
potency doses probably account for the relatively few LSD-related emergency incidents during the
past several years and its present popularity among young people."
Admittedly, the DEA is not an unbiased source for such info, but the idea of the doses being larger in the early 60's makes sense, if you remember that it wasn't made illegal until 1967 (from Erowid). It must have been cheap and plentiful...

i may well sound retarded here, but im right in the middle of an AMT trip (60mg). anyway has anyone thought about the potency? if there were only 100mcg in each drop in a vial x 100 drops equals 10 milligrams, you could theoretically put anywhere up to a milligram or more in each drop. so the size of ANY medium of acid makes no difference. a drop of water from one of those sweat breath or ice drops things is 25mg each, at that, you could put the entire vial in one single drop because the amount of acid is less than half of the water. paper too, even if its tiny, a really small square of paper like your describing it would still weigh around 7mg, plenty for all the acid you could put on it. a BIG ass piece of blotter could be all the way up to 30-40mg and then your dealing with amounts so huge you could flip on a tiny bit, but noone wants to put anywhere near that much in a single hit. usually the strongest around here is on geltabs, id say there at least 200-300mikes each (yes its real and not some weird substitute). usually liquid is the kind of thing you have to eat a lot of, and gels are the one hit shit here. anyway think about the range of the amount that could be in anything, it is possible to have way more than your used to, but its very unlikely. i cant help but think that acid is being distributed in lower doses to keep people from freaking out and gaining more attention than it has already. have fun, and im gonna post this trip report here and on erowid.
peace
------------------
"As your attorney i advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine."

Back when LSD was legal, it was manufactured in its purest form. Although it isnt possible to change its makeup, you can dilute it in water, and that is whats being done. As said earlier, an old school dose was about 250-400 micrograms, but now its like 50-100, so it does vary, but its not 100x more powerful in the least. If you wanna test the theory yourself, which i dont reccomend, buy a vial of acid and drink it.
hehehe

or if you had a shitload of money you could just buy 5 or 6 vials of really good liquid (like 100 to 150mcg per drop) and then you could extract the crystal lsd out with an alcohol, and let it evaporate over anhydrous epsom salts, you would get the most beautiful pile of crystals you have ever seen
smile.gif
ill bet you could bump an amount you couldnt even see and be flyin in a minute or 2 lol, or you could disolve it in saline and inject it, although i wouldnt recomend this at all.
------------------
"As your attorney i advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine."

I read in an essay some1 posted a link to(dammit, no search) saying that the LSD-25 made by Sandoz was made under better conditions(cleaner, etc.) thus creating a "pure" product and when it was packaged, it was vacuum sealed into the vials. The "sunshine" and "christmas" acid, in pill form was actually LSA-52, so maybe we are eating the same acid as that. Not to mention that the first batch of clandestine acid was impure, but still worked. I was not anywhere near alive in the 60's, but I can assume that this has been the industry standard since then. Those lovable mad scientists making acid now take shortcuts in the syntheses used, bonding different elements earlier or later, but with a similar end result. I have had a lot of acid in my days, but I can't say for sure that none of the same acid(chemically) is going around now, but a lot of it is different on a molecular level. As far as the vial theory, I can vouch for that, cuz AFOAF "chef'd" up a sheet of gels from a sweet breath bottle, and most of the ppl who bought it brought it back, after eating 5-10 tabs apiece. We ended up eating it all. I ate 10 hits at a time, 30 minutes apart, after 20, i was feeling threshold FX, but then I ate the last 10 strip, and 30 minutes later, I was seeing purple nutritional info on the wall...
------------------
"I used to do drugs, I still do, but I used to too."
-Mitch Hedberg
[This message has been edited by Jefwith1F (edited 15 February 2001).]

I don't trip unless i can do it in multiples of 5 :p Usally only trip once a month, record dose is like 15 hits of liquid, was some crazy crazy shit.

Um, ALD-52, it is thought to be a more potent, gentler analog of LSD. The reason it is not found in all hits is because it quickly decomposed back into LSD (6 months) and the extra effort that a chemist would have to go through to produce it would not be worth their while because it would become LSD again anyways shortly. More info in TIHKAL i think.