• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

***Final Discussion*** Post-load for speed use?

applesbliss

Bluelighter
Many of the people in this forum I'm assuming have never used speed or are novice users. In any case, I've seen this question being asked in the medical forum on more then one occasion.
Meth is well known to stimulate the release of dopamine into the brain and is also known to harm dopamine receptors. And supposidly, this imbalance of dopamine in the brain can last for weeks, months and/or possibly years dependant on dosage and frequency of use.
Unfortunitly, I don't have any studies at hand(If anyone has links please post) which prove this but these ideas come from recollections of studies I've read.
Could the use of some post-load(To stimulate dopamine balance or production) help speed users avoid this theorized damage to dopamine receptors and the "balance" of dopamine in the brain?
Does any person more knowledgable then me know of any readily available suppliment for post-load? Just as we all know 5-htp is to ecstasy use.
applesbliss
------------------
"elenoar, you've lost me
in a haze of wine and cocaine"

as far as i know - there is not a clear understanding of how dopamine release damages the basal ganglia.

Tyrosine is a nonessential amino acid (protein building block) that the body synthesizes from phenylalanine, another amino acid. Tyrosine is important to the structure of almost all proteins in the body. It is also the precursor of several neurotransmitters, including L-dopa, dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine.
Methamphetamine toxicity is inhibited by a variety of drug treatments, including: 1) DA synthesis inhibitor alpha-methyl-para-tyrosine
If I take a modest amount of methampetamine, estimated 250 mg. insufflated, 20 mg. orally, 5 mg. smoked(These amounts are an example). Over a period of 12 hours, with 100 mg snorted, 10 mg. orally, and 2 mg. smoked at the 11th hour mark. At what point roughly would taking the amino acid tyrosine be effective against DA depletion?

For the purpose of recreation and science I binged on speed this weekend.
Using tyrosine as a postload after all was done and through.
And I most say I dramatically notice some differences. Mostly, I'm not STRUNG out like normally! Too bad Dr. Tom isn't around much anymore, I'm like to discuss the possiblities of using tyrosine and other amino acids as a speed postload.
Honestly I'm being modest about the differences that tyrosine has made vs. no tyrosine. There is definitly the feeling that something has been healed or its a very unique feeling.
From so much speed usage over the past few months(Done in binges) I can only assume there was a sort of dopamine deficincy.(From the way I feel now) There is more of a "complete" feeling instead of crackedout feeling. Of coarse there are other suppliments thrown in the mix, but these are suppliments I've been taking for weeks.
As far as tyrosine goes, one 500 mg. cap was taken 5 hours into the speed binge. And another 500 mg. cap was taken 5 hours after that.
My initial(There will need to be more experimentation) thought is: tyrosine is to speed as 5-htp is to MDxx. Plus tyrosine should help partially prevent(Sorry don't have any studies to back it up besides my quote in the above post) neurotoxity by boosting the amount of dopamine just as 5-htp boosts the amount of serotonin.
applesbliss
------------------
"Missy aggravation some sacred questions you stroke my locks some marijuana if you got some"

Its possible to purchase tyrosine in many health food stores, or online.
Methamphetamine (METH) is a major drug of abuse which causes neurotoxicity by depleting dopamine, its metabolites, high-affinity dopamine uptake sites and tyrosine hydroxylase activity in the striatum. Dopamine depletion and reduced dopamine transit are associated with depression.
-Cooney CA, Wise CK, Poirier LA, Ali SF
Division of Molecular Epidemiology,
National Center for Toxicological Research/FDA Jefferson,
Arkansas 72079-9502, USA.
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1998 May 30; 844:191-200
MDMA induces an acute release of 5-HT and dopamine (DA). 2. This acute release is followed by depletion of intraneuronal 5-HT stores
-by
Sprague JE; Everman SL; Nichols DE
Department of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences,
Ohio Northern University, Ada 45810, USA.
Neurotoxicology, 1998 Jun, 19:3, 427-41
5-HT = serotonin
5-htp, is a precurser for serotonin.
Tyrosine, is a precurser for L-dopa, dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine.
Just as 5-htp is used to replenish serotonin "levels" after MDxx use.
Tyrosine can be used to replenish dopamine "levels" after methamphetamine and amphetamine use.

If you need more volunteers to binge on speed for the purposes of science - I'm yer man
smile.gif

Alright, straight from a bottle of L-Tyrosine:
"L-Tyrosine is an essential free-form amino acid that rapidly crosses the blood-brain barrier. It is a precursor for the neurotransmitters dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine, for thyroid hormones, and for enkephalins, special peptides that subdue messages of physical discomfort. Tyrosine is also a constituent of protein amino sugars and amino lipids, special compounds that have important roles throughout the body.
---
So, pretty much things you have already said. Also, it had a warning that you should not take tyrosine with MAO inhibiters.
I bought a huge ass bottle of this stuff, along with 5-htp when I first rolled, but never really used it. Maybe I should take up a meth addiction to get rid of it? :p
Max

all the times i've used meth, as well as most of the times i've used mdma, i pre-and postloaded with 5htp, dlpa AND l-tyrosine, as well as high doses of the antioxidant alpha-hydroxy acids.
i've that using these supplements i have not only better highs but better recovery as well. it definately helps to supplement.
------------------
"I could not/Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither/Living nor dead, and I knew nothing" - T.S. Eliot, The Wasteland

the thing is when comparing dopamine to seratonin and their available 'herbal' precurses is to remmeber that seratonin takes a lot longer to be produced in the body whereas dopamine production is basically continous. my brain isnt good with sources but i do remember reading somewhere that this has to do with the body's need for dopamine on cue (ala the fight or flight instinct... if in danger the body needs a rather large amount of adrenaline to keep it going).
Taking precurses to dopamine may not have any effective role in the speed comedown as the body is quite able to produce enough of this shit (unlike seratonin which can take upto 2 weeks to replenish) to keep going.
However remember that when you take speed your not likely to have the most healthy diet (if ANY at all) so the role of these suplements may be beneficial in supplying something which is abnormally deficient. i'd suggest, if having any wizz, to take alot of vitamins and minerals, amino acids and any other suplements which may help you through your period of starvation... or try eating tinned fruit, its mushy, not to strong in flavour and can be soothing cold
smile.gif

Last Point: I find going without sleep for 1 or more nights leaves me tired and worn out for a few days regardless of whether or not whizz was involved. Wait untill you have had proper sleep before you start to evaluate if you are suffering medium term (2-7 days) effects from your indulgence.

**[Methamphetamine toxicity is inhibited by a variety of drug treatments, including: 1) DA synthesis inhibitor alpha-methyl-para-tyrosine; 2) DA receptor antagonists; 3) NMDA receptor antagonists, e.g., MK-801; 4) DA and serotonergic reuptake inhibitors protecting against DA and serotonin toxicity respectively (195).]
I have a half a months supply of Paxil just collectin dust in my drawer. I was wonderin how long would it take to get the anti-toxicity effects stated above. How much in advance would i have to take an SSRI for it to do any good?
------------------
"...we all know I am a cock sucking asshole who should have a belt sander taken to my nuts..." PhreeX

anyone?
hello?
------------------
"...we all know I am a cock sucking asshole who should have a belt sander taken to my nuts..." PhreeX

Wellbutrin is a weak dopamine reuptake inhibitor, I hear. That might be quite good for a post/pre load....

I figured the question was self explainitory but lets take another look.
**I have a half a months supply of Paxil just collectin dust in my drawer.[you with me so far SL55?] I was wonderin how long would it take to get the [now here's the key word]ANTI-TOXICITY effects stated above. How much in ADVANCE would i have to take an SSRI for it to do any good?
sorry, I hate repeating myself =)
does anyone know how well SSRIs block dopamine receptor breakdown when administering methamphetamine. and does anyone know how early and in what dosage one should take an SSRI to have any worth while results?
------------------

English people english!!
it sounds like a BPDT or an SSRI with a HTP uptake towards some shit! what the fuck???
Ok sorry
smile.gif
just please b a little thoughtful to the people who dont have a degree in anatomy or abbreviations!
my 2 cents worth

Alright, thanx for the advise.
------------------