Movie references.

Vicks

Bluelighter
Ok movies that have an e scene or base.
Go.
Chasing Amy(Very small part in the bar that patrons to large dutch earthen dams)
Other than that I does not know.

Ohhh, ohhh, i know one. It's called "old ladies need love too". In it, me and vicks' mom drop some e then make-out for a while. Ha ha ha.
nEo

Romeo and Juliet of course....when leonardo is given a pill by mercurio (I think!) before the party. That movie was played in the cinema at a dance party one time and the crowd went ballistic when the scene came on...much cheering when he took the pill!
smile.gif
Very funny.
miss apple
what the hell is nEo on about?

by the way....I *love* the movie Chasing Amy. It's one of my all time favourites
smile.gif

O.K. This one may leave a few of you scratching your head and wondering how many I had popped before I wrote this but I think the movie "Pleasantville" is a metaphor for taking ecstasy.
For those who have seen the movie you will know that it goes into black and white and as the characters interact and develop some of them turn to colour. This is exactly what ecstasy does! For the people who don't take e's the world is only in black and white, you really don't see the true beauty and potential. But after your first pill it seems like everything is in colour where before it was just black and white! There is heaps of other metaphors in the movie which could be linked to the whole ecstasy scene. Things like being ostracised by the general community because they fear what they don't understand, failure to adopt an open mind to new things but a vast section of society, seeing your true self after experiencing MDMA, the list could go on and on.
You really have to see it to understand what I mean but after you watch you will see that the similarites are freaky.
Check it out next time you're at the video store. It's definitely worth a look.

When you are watching a movie on drugs, that movie is gonna be about that drug you are taking. I was watching Dune on acid and I could SWEAR it was all about acid...which it might be for all I know
smile.gif

There's a film called Human Traffic
which is a Trainspotting like thing
i havent been able to find it in the States anywhere for some reason maybe it's not on video
i'm not sure if it's all about e but
it's supposed to be excellent according to those in the know (my friends who've seen it)
Also fear and loathing in LA (i thing)
is mad
-g
I feel a littl lite headed, you wannta drive

the movies kids is all about drugs. its got a lot of drugs in it. i love the part when jenny is in the club and the girl goes up to and begs her to dance.....that's all i ever want to do when i'm rolling(among other things...hehe).
-Jen

I really liked Go! Lotsa great plot twists but i didn't think the whole e scene with the dweeb popping 2 beans and trippin out was all that well done.
But then again...how can you portray or conceptualize (is that a word?) an e experience to people if they've never done it.
Ciao...

Pleasantville wasnt about E, although i did make that connection at one point.
It was about any kind of nw awareness and a had about FIFTY different inherent metaphors... racial equality, living life to its fullest, etc...
I think the main underlying theme is OPEN MINDEDNESS. With a truly open and accepting and exploratory mind, you are constantly presented with new "colors" to your world. Excellent excellent flick...
Shit, i KNOW theres another E movie, but its slipped my mind...fuck.... oh, theres Modulations... anyone ever see that? kinda a history on the whole electronic scene... great movie....
I bet there will be a HELLA lot more movies about it, considering its rising popularity and recent flood of bad press...
OH OH OH! Studio 54.... lots of those cats are eating beans, even some old 70 year old woman.... heh.
-xander

shoot..the name of the movie escapes me right now, but it's about a bunch of high school kids taking E and partying. One dude, while rolling, thinks he's being stalked by some monster or alien thing. lotsa bisexuality and homosexuality in it..one girl gets raped by a tv star..couple of kids trying to find directions to "the big party"..lotsa fur and fairy wings. does this ring a bell for anyone? I can try to find the name of the movie..

nEo
Fuck you. Not for making out with my mom and telling the whole world. But you fucking overpriced that pill man. 35 for a piece of shit 007. Asshole.
Ps I been eating all your halloween candy. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Not E references, but 'Altered States' is all about hallucinagens, amongst other things...

In "Living out Loud" holly hunter and queen latifa took E. And so did steve martin in "The Out of Towners". I think they did it in "KIDS" too.

I saw modulations, but I don't really remember much of it, go figure. Living out loud was probably one of the funniest ones, cause it just seemed totally ridiculous.

Hey V, sounds familiar, shit it was kinda like doomed generation right? God what was the name of it? Oh well, cant remember but I do know what your talkin about

In GOOD WILL HUNTING, the character played by Matt Damon mentions to the Robin Williams character, that he likes to go to a club and "feel" the music, and then he goes BOOM BOOM BOOM, i feel the bass through my body, or something like that I'm not sure.
also do any of you remember on an episode of 90210 a few years ago, steve is trying to find a rave and he has to trade an egg for a pass to get in.
------------------
******I REALLY DO LOVE TO EAT BEANS!!!!*****

Human Traffic is not really much like Trainspotting except that both are good movies, pretty funny and about drugs. But Trainspotting has its dark side (smack, withdrawal, squalor, violence, mistrust, death) whereas Human Traffic is a warmhearted movie about ecstasy, clubbin, fun, friendship, love - the first film made by and for the chemical generation. And if you haven't seen it, make sure you do because you'll love it!
Modulations is pretty good (excellent soundtrack) but it's really a documentary about the history of modern dance music in all its forms that's led up to today's rave scene y'all know and luv. Obviously, ecstasy's in there, but it's more about turntables and samplers than mdma. Quite interesting and informative though - worth a look.
And here's one that's not about ecstasy but it has some primitive x-like effects in it. Appropriately enough it's called 'X - The Man With X-Ray Eyes' starring Ray Milland as a doctor who invents an eye drop solution that gives him x-ray vision. It's a classy B movie made in the 50's or 60's but the sfx always remind me of e-visuals! Top trash!

And by the way , everybody congratulate me, i have finnally graduated from NEW MEMBER to BLUELIGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------------------
******I REALLY DO LOVE TO EAT BEANS!!!!*****

hey, yeah, as for that movie mentioned a few posts back - nope, you're right, it's not the doom generation, but it *is* a gregg araki feature: NOWHERE.
there's a new araki movie out called splendor. kick-ass soundtrack, as usual...
plur
vertigo