Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pills and Anticonvulsants.

Miss_Mush

Greenlighter
Bad combination?
My best mate has bipolar disorder and has recently been put on Epilim (sp?) to control her manic episodes.
I suggested she doesnt take any drugs at all, but she still wants to take the occasional pill.
Any advice?

Should be alright but not making any guarentee's I've done it a fair few times because I've found valporic acid actually has a psychological effect on me without any other drugs. Seemed to smooth out the MDMA experience for me but read those other threads before chucking those giant, disgusting tasting purple roundies down ya gob.

I can really see no problem with it, If anything it should make the comedown a touch more stable that it would be. On the other hand, if she has the pill while she is on the other side of manic, it might cause acute depression which can be rather nasty.

Whats the dose? How severe is the bi-polar? What other meds is she on? Are other factors to take into account.

Yeah for non epileptic dosirders Epilem is normally prescribed with other meds, either being SSRI's or anti psychotics.

Yeah shes on that Epilim stuff, 400mg a day, plus 60mg of lovan a day.
Thanks for the info guys :)

Well theres no use of her taking MDMA with Lovan (Prozac).
She won't feel the effect properly. Some do, some don't. Some will say it is dangerous. Depends on your brain chemsitry. One person I know reports having more intense and smooth effects combining half a cap of Prozac20 with MDMA, another gets no effects, I didn't get any effects, and most people need more MDMA to feel effects which increases the liklihood of danger. Best she avoids MDMA if she is going to go ahead with her treatment. Even taking a few days off before hand will not really help.

And hoping this doesn't warrant as being too off -topic still, but I think that is a bullshit amount of Prozac and Valpor/Epelim to take. Do you know how untested that crap is (the prozac), addicting and basically only works 30% of the time. Not to mention how long it stays in your body for... I hate the pharmecutical world. If she lives in Queensland I bet I know the frigging doctor/establishment it is too. But I'm sure they're all paid good money to do the same aus (and world) wide. If an SSRI doesn't work, and had ill effects, what does a doctor do? Up the dosage!

Prozac is the worst substance (except for maybe mCPP I have put in my body), just one dose leaves me sleepless and fidgeting, or if it helps relax me, the rebound the next day and the weird energy I have is something you only want to see in a mental clinic. Forced public attention seeking and what not. I think that drug needs to be taken off the market asap. It hardly works for anyone.. some are lucky, but out of those lucky few, how much is placebo mixed with slight serotonin balancing and the psychoactive effect prozac seems to have half an hour after swallowed. 60mg is an insane dose to take, and I'm guessing she has to take all three capsules in the morning right? I tried 80mg once and had one of the worst breatjing panic attacks of my life while mixing it with 2 epilem. (silly experiements, don't ask, used to be a all day stoner and ran out of weed and cash)

Don't forget that Fluoxetine hydrochloride was one off the first generation anti-depressants, If compared to the first generation of anti-psycotics the side effects are nothing. I'm not saying its the best anti-depressant out there but it still works.

In a perfect world there's six or seven different anti-depressant's that should be prescribed before Prozac.

Or none and proper (funded) therapy, finding out the problem to 95% of depression or anxiety cases. The drugs just makes a fake or zombie like life for you. You don't work out the real issues while on them, only when you're sober. So it's delaying it and possible making it worse in a lot of cases.

I love benzos but I would never recommend anyone ever use them daily for depression or anxiety. I love G and wouldn't recommend the same. Weed is probably the worst, it will kick your after in a few years of real abuse, and you come out worse. Antipasychotics can cause very harmful muscle conditions taking in long periods and are just used to sedate the patient normally, in fear they may attack someone or themselves.

I won't even start on alcohol and cigarettes..... the truth is out there.

Kinda but not really.

Sometimes it can take up 18 months to see a bulk billing psyc. so in the mean time i can see no objection to people being prescribed anti-depressants, Benzo's etc from a M.O. or G.P. Sometimes it can be the difference between someone living for 18 month (whether their a zombie or not) or Gassing (CO) themselves in a car.

I have to to see a psyc because i OD'd on morphine and a rather large benzo intake and i reacon it has caused more harm than good. After forty odd hours off contact all we talk about is drugs, ebay, motorcycles and his bird hobbies. Then he gives me my script and I'm off till next fortnight. I really don't think i have that bad a problem but he thinks it warrants anti-psyc's, then sodium valporate on top off oxazapam TDS. A G.P. could prescribe that so go figure?

After all this time in his consulting rooms what i really need help with he's got No idea why i can't sleep!!!

Last edited:
Was the insomnia always there for you before taking dsrugs? Because relying on stuff for sleeping is an obvious path to long-term insomnia.. For me it is a mix of both things... Relying on drugs or alcohol, or alcohol and benzos, or other sleeeping meds, and weed because I used it for sleeping for 5 or so years... buty I also had pretty severe sleeping problems before I took any medicationas or drugs.