Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ritalin turns nice pharmacy into Nazi pharmacy

Miss Scarlet

Bluelighter
My pharmacy is really weird, and I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this type of thing...

A while back I was on Ritalin and everytime I tried to fill my script even 2 days early, I would get some kind of grief from the pharmi-nazi and I would go away feeling like they thought I was some kind of junky.

My doctor then changed me to Dexamphetamine (which out of interest..had more repeats than the Ritalin did) and to my surprise the pharmacy never blinked an eye...even if I was filling the script (sometimes) around a week or so early!

But now I'm back on the Ritalin...and they have me feeling like a fucking junky again. What's with that? I would have thought that the dex was way more abusable than ritalin. My theory is that it's because of all the hype about Methylphenidate in the news lately, and how it's considered to be "kiddie cocaine" and all that crap. Maybe the pharmacies have been told to keep an extra close eye out when filling Ritalin prescriptions :\ Does anyone have more info about this?

Has anyone else had these issues?

^ Hi Miss Scarlet - I know at least in the US, it seems that Ritalin is more prescribed than Dex, so I can account that my sister has had similar experiences with Ritalin when refilling a few days early but at the same time she was also switched to Dex with the same story as you! She was sort of scoffed at per Ritalin, but Dex was like a no-brainer it seemed when she would go for a refill, even if a bit early. Strange none the less, perhaps the pharms feel that Ritalin has a higher degree of recreational abuse since more of it is out there as far as volume goes in the general population (possibly equals a higher degree of diversion in their minds/reality)? Either that or they are Nazi's ;)

No hun, Methylphenidate is the active ingredient in Ritalin. Dexamphetamine / Dextroamphetamine is the active ingredient Dexedrine. Dexamphetamine doesn't have a brand name in Australia...is that odd?

Miss Scarlet said:
No hun, Methylphenidate is the active ingredient in Ritalin. Dexamphetamine / Dextroamphetamine is the active ingredient Dexedrine. Dexamphetamine doesn't have a brand name in Australia...is that odd?
dexedrine?

i think ive seen that brand name floating around.

No experience with Ritalin, although in the past I have seen pharmacists turn from nice people serving their customers to monsters when giving out methadone. I think some pharmacists are like the rest of the population they tend to be one eyed when it comes to issues of drugs. They can be as moralistic as the next redneck even though they're paid to dispense drugs without the attitude.

Prince Planet said:
They can be as moralistic as the next redneck even though they're paid to dispense drugs without the attitude.

LOL..I can't say I have ever seen a redneck pharmacist with a mullet dispensing drugs before! I will keep an eye out for one though =D

P.S. Rednecks have morals?

Earliest I've refilled a dex script is 2 days early, never given any grief for it. I wouldn't try and push it much further than that though personally.

The same pharmacy has given me a hard time buying codeine tho :rolleyes:

Last edited:
everyone has a "hate" drug. i guess pharmacists are the same. ive tried getting a doc to prescribe me some xanax for extreme anxiety lately and its been like pulling teeth. first i have to find a doctor that doesnt have a "no benzo`s" sign in the waiting room...

but thats more to do with people selling their scripts than the hate of the drug...

so you get a dirty look if you fill it early?

wow so what. if its that bad just go to a different pharmacy or wait 2 days to fill it.

I never had any problem filling xanax scripts sometimes even 3 weeks early, guess it just depends on the pharmacist.

basix said:
so you get a dirty look if you fill it early?

wow so what. if its that bad just go to a different pharmacy or wait 2 days to fill it.

in WA anyway (im not sure if its the same in other states) the pharmacy keeps the repeat script, to stop people filling it early (or all 6 repeats at once) at different pharmacies. you can only get it filled at the pharmacy that has the script.

hey, both my parents are pharmacists with their own pharmacieswhich i work in from time to time.. not sure on the whole dexies and ritalin thing however, in both my parents pahrmacies the level of problems that occur as a result of the methadone patients is quite frustrating.
While the pharmacists really do make jack shit from have 'done patients pharmacy is a service industry and most pharmacists primarily get into the business with the intention of helping people so they do it anyway.
I have been abused and watched my parents be abused on numerous occasions (yes this does happen from other customers but more often than not its 'done patients or people on high doses of oxy etc) by 'done patients coming in fucked and wanting another dose or someshit coz they have already had all their take-aways etc.
Also the number of thefts that are caught on both camera in the shops are very low, however 90% of those that are caught are the methadone pateints. This is possibly why the pharmasists are a bit scetchy with methadone customers, there are good customers and bad customers like with every business and sorry for generalising but i see my pairs come home each day fucked from working 10 hour days and copping shit from people trying to scam drugs for lame excuses and having people steal from them who they are trying to help, so just felt i should defend the pharmacists position, and if your pharmacist is a prick (as there are many) change pharmacy, not that big a issue to move..
Also the reason they give you a hard time is they can lose their lisense and also did not get into the profession to help people get high.. this is slightly hypocritical seeing well im in the same position as everyone here when it comes to getting high, just not really the pharmacists fault for doing their job.

^^^Yeah I totally understand what your saying. I'm sure they have even more shit to deal with now that the stupid government has changed the psudeo-ephedrine schedule laws..

I know that they are just doing their jobs, but it just seems weird that the one particular pharmacy that I go to seem to pay more attention to me when I have a Ritalin script to fill.

suprisingly there hasnt been much of an issue, will ask tonight when they get home about the ritalin thing see what they say. There are a lot of f**khead pharmacists out there though,

I've worked in the field and in my experience no DD's (dangerous drugs) were given out early. It doesn't matter what type of ADD medication. There probably isn't a differentiation and either the pharmacist let his guard down or you are reading to much into it.

most pharmacists primarily get into the business with the intention of helping people so they do it anyway.

Yeah that's the official spiel they served me at every one I worked in, their actions/policy never showed this to be true. The only reason they "do it anyway" is to bump this months totals, caring about you doesn't come into it. The pharmaceutical industrial complex is well entrenched on Australia. Like pigs in a trough.

There are a lot of f**khead pharmacists out there though

No there are way to many people screwing the system, abusing medication on tax payers money (I'm all for the freedom to enjoy whatever you want on your time with your own money). Spend 4 weeks in a pharmacy and see how jaded you become. I got the impression that over 50% of people are only walking into a pharmacy because of either their; lifestyle choices, sexual practices, personal hygiene, drug, diet or exercise habits. It becomes quite sad and predictable. There are people that make a full-time living doctor shopping on a healthcare card and then selling, benzos, diet pills, pain killers and the whole smorgasboard. That is, they would be on over 60k easy (the worst example I saw).

They can be as moralistic as the next redneck even though they're paid to dispense drugs without the attitude.

And once again....no! They are a health care professional, you having a script means nothing, they are under zero legal obligations to fill it. If they see that it is inappropriate for any reason (and people on these boards would tick more than one box I am sure :)) they don't have to fill it. Also they have a duty of care and other pharmacy guidelines they must follow otherwise their ass is toast as they can be deregisterred for inappropriate/careless dispensing. Us drug users always assume there is a greater conspiracy against us, when getting informed before making an opinion may be a better angle.

Last edited:
Miss Scarlet, the same used to happen to me, I could get the dexamphetamine a week early without them batting an eyelid, yet if I was trying to get the ritalin early then they would'nt do it........ even had the chemist get a calculator out and work out how many I should have been up to.

This was at the same chemist too :|

^^^Yeah, same situation as me exactly! It's hard when I go away a lot for work, and I need to get scripts filled early and the pharmacist is acting suspicious with me, it drives me insane.

I guess I will blame the media for this one, and for all the hype they have created about Ritalin and it being "kiddy cocaine" 8) It almost makes me tempted to switch back to the dex just so that I don't have to be questioned every time I go to the pharmacy.

on_the_rise_5 - I will be interested to know what your parents had to say about this.

beamers said:
Yeah that's the official spiel they served me at every one I worked in, their actions/policy never showed this to be true. The only reason they "do it anyway" is to bump this months totals, caring about you doesn't come into it. The pharmaceutical industrial complex is well entrenched on Australia. Like pigs in a trough.

No there are way to many people screwing the system, abusing medication on tax payers money (I'm all for the freedom to enjoy whatever you want on your time with your own money). Spend 4 weeks in a pharmacy and see how jaded you become. I got the impression that over 50% of people are only walking into a pharmacy because of either their; lifestyle choices, sexual practices, personal hygiene, drug, diet or exercise habits. It becomes quite sad and predictable. There are people that make a full-time living doctor shopping on a healthcare card and then selling, benzos, diet pills, pain killers and the whole smorgasboard. That is, they would be on over 60k easy (the worst example I saw).
To the first paragraph no way man, how does selling some 'done bump this months totals which is what i wrote that in reference to.. and i agree with you 100% on second paragraph,