View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy bk-MBDB (Butylone) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
astenu: I would prefer Methylone (bk-MDMA) over bk-MBDB.
I prefer MDMA over bk-MDMA though, bk-MDMA feels like it has too much emphasis on DA & NE release & reuptake inhibition... and bk-MBDB even more so. The scientific literature supports this assertion too.
As an aside, I feel a combo of bk-MBDB and a good, selective serotonin releaser like MDAI, IAI or 2-Me-3,4-MD-MA would be really stellar :D .

Last edited:
What literature? I know of the articles on methylone, but have never seen anything on bk-MBDB.

What is truly stellar for sure is a combo of some 120mg bk-MBDB together with a 25mg mix of 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-DMT & 4-AcO-MIPT. Extremely horny, colourful, loving, and insightful. A bit short-lived though, with a sudden drop... nothing devastating though.

Ximot said:
What is truly stellar for sure is a combo of some 120mg bk-MBDB together with a 25mg mix of 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-DMT & 4-AcO-MIPT. Extremely horny, colourful, loving, and insightful. A bit short-lived though, with a sudden drop... nothing devastating though.

now that sounds like an interesting time!

We've been fooling around with using bk-MBDB in combination with methylone for a while now. This regimen has worked well:

240mg M1 oral, followed by a mixture of about 50mg M1 and 50mg bk-MBDB taken rectally about 90 mins later.

The bk-MBDB really brings a strong "empathogenic" flavor to the table, and opens up communication. Following this booster, we have had many important discussions.

Has anyone ever experienced any nausea with bk-mbdb? mbdb gave me nausea at 300mg in the beginning of the experience and no other related substance ever did that to me.

has anyone here tried using an ssri before or during the peak of any of the bk-mdxx compounds to reduce neurotoxicity or hangover?

hamhurricane said:
has anyone here tried using an ssri before or during the peak of any of the bk-mdxx compounds to reduce neurotoxicity or hangover?

I think it would increase neurotoxicity but I don't know. Just my thoughts on it.

^^ Doesn't taking an SSRI with MDMA lessen the neurotoxicity? Or is that when you take an SSRI after MDMA?

Xorkoth said:
^^ Doesn't taking an SSRI with MDMA lessen the neurotoxicity? Or is that when you take an SSRI after MDMA?

I think it just lessens the effects. Melatonin and CQ10 are good whilst rolling to lessen the neurotoxicity of MDMA.

Hmm, it must be when people take it afterwards that it lessens the aftereffects. There are a lot of reports of people taking Prozac (I think that's the one) after MDMA to avoid the depressive crash. Then again, they might be misinformed. But I was always under the impression it worked.

That's not to say it wouldn't lessen the effects if you took it before or during the roll though.

Aeon Psyche said:
I think it would increase neurotoxicity but I don't know. Just my thoughts on it.

it does not increase neurotoxicty and helps prevent it, or block it completely, but may dull the experience as well. ill post the refrences tomorrow

a few weeks ago, i received ~200mg of this wonderful substance from a friend.
i have since tried in on 2 occasions. both times were insufflated, and both were unmeasured unfortunately.

i should also mention that i have only had one real, good experience with MDxx and the experience was contaminated with morning glory seeds.

however, overall i have to disagree with most of the people here and say that i enjoyed it very much. with the higher dose of 25-50mg, there were some rushes of euphoria and an instant desire to do more, although i limited myself, knowing the amphetamine effects would win out over the euphoria later. these short rushes settled in to a euphoria that slowly tapered around the 45minute mark with maybe some residual lasting until 90minutes. there was very little stimulation compared to what i was expecting, and definately manageable. and this is coming from someone who HATES stimulants. but sleep was managed at 3 hours post-insufflation.

i've sent semi-trip reports to my friend, so i may dig those up and post them in TR.

this compound goes great with mdma.. and djfriendly's method is def. stellar! it is also fun after redosing with methylone during an mdma trip and then taking 2cb after the butylone :\

but that my friends leads to the worst E hangover in history....... holy bajeez that week sucked......... it gave me what most of you talk about after mdxx which I usually don't get.. that holy crap why did I do that, this sucks, life sucks, I suck, my head hearts :! but oh yeah.. that night was one to remember!

great for psyparties!!

my girlfriend hopes to never do mdma without it.. as we have both decided redosing with mdma after the 1.5 hour mark is a bad idea.. the B1 can be taken at about 4-5 hours to give you a very much warmer come down ;)

the SSRI reduces the amount of oxidative damage to the presynaptic neurons. Its usually taken at the tailend of the experience.

My gf and I sampled it last night. She loves it but I don't like it. I did about 130mg insufflated over an hour and she did about 165mg insufflated over an hour. I got very little effects... I didn't feel very stimulated but I was. A bit restless, talkative, jaw clenching, tension, some euphoria but I was in a weird/bad mood all day before hand so I didn‘t expect to get much euphoria from the butylone. The night before I did 125mg insufflated so that's why my last use probably didn't do much. The first night I did it was pretty intense. I had just started feeling some rushes of euphoria when I IM'd 8mg of 2c-b. I tripped pretty hard, harder than usual that's for sure and I usually snort 12mg or IM 10mg of 2c-b. Unfortunately I can't remember to many more details. Both times I smoked allot of pot to take off the stimulation and tension I had which didn’t help as much as it should have for the tension. Marijuana messes up my memory pretty bad, but not as bad as benzos so I chose it on the comedown. My gf loved butylone though, but she can’t pin point how it was different from MDMA. We can to terms that butylone is allot like your average street "mdma" but probably without as much magic---though I think it was still there. I won’t be doing butylone again, I’m going to wait till I get M1. My gf said if she did it again she’d do 175mg oral in one dose. About 5 hours in my gf started getting extreme jaw clenching, and tension through oout most of her body. She smoked allot of marijuana and took 15mg diazepam orally. This helped allot but she still had a hard time relaxing for sleep. My gf liked the stimulation of b1 until she wanted to go to bed, I hated it…but I don’t do good with stimulation these days.

I'm still waiting for feedback from several of our friends but so far I've heard my friends are liking it. They've been doing allot of pure MDMA lately and like the butylone because it's slightly simulative to them while with the pure MDMA they fall asleep on it if it's late at night.

I’d also like to add it reminded me of pure amphetamine when insufflating it. It’s more fluffy and less moist but still has that sort of gasoline smell. B1 is the lightest material I’ve ever dealt with.

MattPsyAs said:
an aside, I feel a combo of bk-MBDB and a good, selective serotonin releaser like MDAI, IAI or 2-Me-3,4-MD-MA would be really stellar :D .

After four experiments with bk-MBDB (all a waste of time - no pleasant effects) I decided to combine bk-MBDB with 4-FA - essentially a desperate attempt to find a use for the substance.

<I enjoy 4-FA as a serotonergic alternative to my dopamine days - I have a small ADD script for dexedrine and see doses of 160mg 4-FA as a somewhat untaxing serotonin-related compound - free of the unpleasant side-effects associated with high dose dexedrine IME>

150mg of 4-FA was taken with 50mg bk-MBDB (all mixed together in a gelcap). Effects were similar to typical 4-FA but with reduced sexual appetite - seemingly a failed attempt, though the 4-FA experience was even smoother than usual. Oh well, I was asking too much? ? ...

UNTIL redosing with 60-70mg of bk-MBDB in a gelcap at T+1:45. From T+2:15 onwards, things began to get magnificent. Attempts at artwork and creativity ran wild first and then music was more exciting/multi-layered than ever before - in short, an MDMA beater from T+2:45 to T+4:30 (roughly).

After-effects were softer and more easily handled than prior experiences with 4-FA alone - I'd normally have taken some valium after the positive effects wore off, not this time.

I've attempted the combo on two more occasions - both decisions were ill-conceived as #2 took place two days after the first experience and #3 took place whilst I nursed a hangover (with #3, the initial dose was especially indifferent but again, the booster dose was superb).

I've tried bk-MBDB recently and was quite impressed with most sides of it.
150 mg was eaten after due testing for idiosyncratic reactions the week before.
Then at around T+6:00 I was so into it I supplemented around 80 mg which I thought I read somewhere would not be that active at that time.
Well, after the 2nd dose I was totally up again and the dropoff now suddenly took forever. The next day, the whole day I still had the body buzz, which is very pleasurable IME.
I had done my homework and from anecdotal 'evidence' I distilled there might be opening up to some serious solarplexus originating energy flows. This is probably true for most empathogens, you suddenly feel sincerely with your heart. Another thing I predicted was also noticed: it is pretty easy to loose control over your emotions which are flaky, enhanced, accessed directly with crystal clear reception. But the 'push' of this stuff is stronger than it is directed so when left unguided they can steer a bit in worse directions. Luckily this mechanism was readily adopted.
Like I said after the second dose the potential just didn't clear up! With certain types of meditation I could call upon the same well of force which is all probably associated with serotonin systems.
Personally I prefer methylone to MDMA because it is more gentle in a way. When you find blissful happiness on such a substance I like it better when I work my own way up there. Besides I believe it's no coincedence that MDMA delivers a pretty heavy hangover (at least for me) and the bk's seem to have this much less. I'm wondering what mechanism is behind this, is it the flooding release of 5-HT that relentlessly exhausts your brain on MDMA. While reuptake inhibition which I believe to be relatively stronger in the bk's and maybe some other analogue empathogens is maybe something more malleable and doesn't result in such harsh neurotransmitter exhaustion.

I was preparing for at least some emotional setback but this monday I had a seriously bitchin good day! This makes me say it's worthwhile for me, having beneficial effects, feeling heavenly but not neccessarily too good to be true (or healthy) while negative effects for me did not exceed tiredness, fatigue. But no wonder I felt this, this substance didnt allow me to eat much for about 2 days! Now this much appetite repression I wasnt expecting from something hardly that speedy (relaxing even) although if I compare with other stimulants
it may be acceptable. Oh yeah there was also vasoconstriction, paraesthesia in the extremities going as far as a crampy powerless feeling. I wouldn't say the body load is that heavy but I bet your BP and HR soar if you take a sufficient amount.

Mephedrone (4-MMC) which I also tried and am on now(!) doesn't exhibit that much appetite depression or typical stimulation. I know thats not what this topic is about but damn that stuff feels good looking at the presently known costs (costs in a broad sense, research chemicals equal unpredictability to some extent.

Anyways - good shit, watch your reaction and adjust your dose carefully and responsibly. I wouldnt care to party on bk-MBDB, it's just too sensitive a state at the plateau.

The last time I took BK-MBDB I took 500 Mg (I have rediculous tolerance) and didn't feel anything from it but my muscles became so stiff I literally couldn't move. My spirits told me to go to the hospital or something but I said like, nah, it's ok. I always survive somehow. I was stuck on my bed and tried to move and couldn't. It started mainly in my back muscles and neck. I could feel how it was connected to a part inside my brain and I'm sure this stuff really is bk-mbdb. I finally was able to get some muscle relaxers and I think that helped. I didn't roll at all. Offcourse I was using related substances several days in a row untill I was completely depleted. (Don't tell me it was stupid behaviour, I KNOW IT WAS.). Ok, I just wanted to share that.

I got hundreds of these stories :/

Status
Not open for further replies.